It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why Fun Gus sucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

It was the early nineties. Everything in my life was going well. I had a good job @ a private school in Atlanta, I was a working musician, I was young, single and handsome.

And then I met.....Her.

I was playing drums in a small bookstore in Little Five Points when she walked in the door. Oh My God. Every head turned to look at her. She was a majestic thing of beauty. Very,very sexy. And, she was in a 'bookstore'!

I noticed her slyly checking me out during the set, so I got her digits and intended to ring her up ASAP.

Our courtship was fast and quick. She had recently graduated from Emory, had broken up with her boyfriend 6 months ago, and was living with a friend. We were dating 2 months when my lease on my APT in Midtown was up.

We agreed to live together, which was just fine by me. She was then unemployed and was cruising through her early 20's, while I seemed to have a plan in place.

We got an awesome apartment and happily lived together for 2 years. A band I was playing with ( an 'alternative' band called Otter )was getting some interest. It did not hurt that the drummer of this band worked in the music industry, and the lead was a well known ATL regular. So, I had it all: I was playing bass in a band on the edge, awesome girl, the works. We were scheduled to open for Soul Asylum in town, with the possibility of more opening gigs with them if they approved!

Then it all went south. I intended to ask my girl to marry at the gig. I then noticed her and the drummer pretty much hanging all over Soul Asylum. I chalked it up to 'sucking up for the band's good' and rationalized her behaviour. She declined my offer that night, to my utter dismay.

Then, the 'drummer' moved in directly behind our awesome apt. Before too long, every time we had a fight, she was back in his apt for consolation. You guys can see where this is going, right? Not me. What a dumbass.

In time, I found out that there was more then just 'friendship going on' in the back apt. When it all came out, I was furious. I had never felt so betrayed. This girl could have had anything, anyone, why him? As I stood trembling with rage in my 'awesome' apartment, she taunted me and told me to leave. I have never hit a woman, and never will. But I wanted to. Oooooh, how I wanted to. So, I did the only thing I thought I could get away with. I spit right in her face, and left.

She called her mother, who then called the police, who paid me a 'visit' at the Clairmont Lounge apartments. Long story short, her mother told me her daughter did not feel 'safe' with me anymore, and I should leave her alone. I complied.

Then occurred one of the worst times in my life. I was living in a flophouse, had lost my up and coming band, and the good job at the private school was being restructured so only Master's teachers were going to qualify for the good paying jobs. My options were to take a huge pay cut, or find other work. I started washing dishes as Vickeries at night to pay the bills. Every night I would see the refuse of humanity in my flophouse: crack addicts, drunks, prostitutes and thieves. I was absolutely crushed.

I wrote some terrific music during this time, but to this day I cannot listen to it without every bit of that sickening stomach hurt coming back, even after 18 years.

I eventually got out of my funk, but there was collateral damage. For a loong time, I wouldn't get close to any other female, in the 'loving' sense. Sure, I got laid and had girlfriends, but when they realized I was never going to ask them to marry, they found other guys that would.

My wife should get a medal. She refused to quit. We dated and lived together for 5 years before I finally succumbed and popped the question. We have been married now since 98, and I am happy and have my own child.

A couple months ago, I noticed a very attractive looking woman joggin up the alley behind my house. Damn, if that ass didn't look familair. but: no way. Last I heard my old ex had gone to California, so it just could not be her?!

I stopped my car one day to ask her her dog's name: and after 6 minutes of small talk: we both recognized each other. Damn if it wasn't that c*nt that broke my heart so long ago, and damn if her and her brood had purchased the house directly behind my own. Now you would think after so long,none of that stuff would matter. I guess I am a small, bitter man, because when I recognized her I just drove away.

Well, all these years I did wonder what happend to her. A couple times I 'googled' her name but found nothing...Then a halloween card got put in my box by mistake with her current surname.

I googled that name yesterday, and oh: what a story to tell.

Apparently, miss thing moved out to Hollywood and married, then divorced. She then married the brother of one of Hollywoods biggest actresses. I'm talking superstar here..Big Time.

In a tabloid she accused this well known actress of trying to 'steal her babies' when this actress funded her brothers divorce~ she had had kids with the guy. She also said some pretty disgusting things about the actress, which leads me to believe she was looking for attention, or a check. Classy, huh?

So now, as far as I can tell, she is married yet again, and probably has damaged the relationship between her kids and thier father and extended family. And now she lives right behind me, even though we haven't exchanged any words since the discovery, and I try to avoid driving past her place at all. What bothers me is that I am happy in her situation, even though the kids really are the ones to suffer, and I should be magnanimous. But, I'm not. I still feel the pain, and I cannot understand how so many years later, something as trivial as this should bother me at all.

My wife is aware of the situation, but doesn't care. She knows nothing is ever going to happen between me and my 'ex', becuase it wont. I despise this person. This woman put me through the absolute worst time of my life, and I don't think it's in me to ever 'forgive' her. I justify it, thinking 'she screwed your friend'. She did. I still think if she had just cheated on me with a stranger, I could have accepted it. Maybe, I dont know, but to me that's why I hate her.

It's funny how life works out. I have travelled the world, and so has she, but fate had her move in behind me sooo many years later..Fate had the drummer move behind us sooo long ago. Fate is a m*therf*cker!

I shouldn't care. But I do. I guess I am a sad bitter man after all.

Post subject: Re: Why Fun Gus sucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:25 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Ahhhhhh....So you say you are happy now..."really Happy"...but you are still saying you are a "Sad old man"??? You need to ask yourself why you still care about her. And come to the realization that if you continue to pursue these feelings you will probably destroy your current situation at some point. Or at least tear the fabric a bit. Not sure it is worth that. The bigger question is why are you telling us this here and what kind of outcome do you expect doing that???

And I have never thought you "sucked". You are a great asset to this board, and I'm sure to many people's lives. Sometimes you get on my nerves, but you don't suck. PB 21 sucks...you aren't in his league.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:10 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

If that same thing happen to me I am pretty sure she would be the bane of my existence. That was some cold blooded stuff she did to be messing with a friend that stays in the same building. My Dad always said never sh*t were you sleep. I had a female i cared about play me like that and everytime I see her I want to just shove her really hard :lol: . Her life has taken a turn for the worst and mines is going pretty well at this point(besides my birds losing the last two games) and I can say this now the way she did me I dont think I could ever feel sorry for her. :naughty:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:10 pm 

Interesting I enjoyed reading about your past Fun Gus. Yeah women can rip you inside and out if you let them. For me I have learned or try and learn that not to fall to hard for any woman. A relationship is 50/50 and if you find yourself putting in 80/20 your wasting your time. Women know what they want and if she isn't giving you the signals then it ain't going to happen. Two things I try and keep in mind about things. As an average man you need to be more like the GQ men who seemingly approach women like they grow on trees.You have to have that I don't care attitude for some reason women love that.Show o much caring and it looks needy to them which is a turnoff.

The second thing I learned from the dog whisperer. We need to be more like dogs and not think of the past or future but think now.If were always daydreaming about the past we can't live right at this moment.It remind me of a certain girl I fell hard for but she didn't have the same interest.She is supposed to be a hardcore christian,very friendly and easy to talk to and very attractive with a killer body.I did everrything to try and change her into wanting me.I have known her for 8 years and never once was there a hint she really liked me for a boyfriend. I guess once your in the friends zone unless you win the lottery or have plastic surgery to look better they could give a flip. Finally after my dad passed away I didn't have anyone I could really talk to so I really wanted to see her. Got the sam ole putoff attitude has always even after going through a ton of grief.

Some women just want to be friends and if you make it to more than that you'll be wasting alot of energy which it was never there in the first place.If I see this girl I talk about in town no way will I be all friendly but reserved since I know she can rip my heart out again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:36 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Damn this thread was misleading, I had about ten things in mind to write about fun gus sucking and being gaay, and lame and just a complete douchebag altogether, a waste of earths resources, but i guess its not that kind of thread 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:31 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

DaveWaz wrote:
Damn this thread was misleading, I had about ten things in mind to write about fun gus sucking and being gaay, and lame and just a complete douchebag altogether, a waste of earths resources, but i guess its not that kind of thread 8-)

Thanks Dave! yOU SUCK! :lol:

Honestly. here's the deal. Why did I put this out there? I just wanted to hear if any other guys have been f*d in the same way.....meaning: some chick screwed you over so bad, .......and then became your neighbor~!

I'm not used to this. I (military,RR brat ) am used to pickin up and moving since I was teated..Atlanta is one of the cities I have lived in for MOST of my life. At least since I was old enough to know better... I was not born here. My Father moved here in the 80's and I came shortly after. Right outta school. My wife and family is oooooold school ATL( I'm talkin Confeds!) . If I were to say her last name most would know it, and then tease me about it. And~this is the ONLY place I can discuss this. If I tried this in my personal life, even my good friends, it's gonna get back. But, Pudge's site is okay to try puttin this stuff out...Right?

So there is a couple reasons to hate on me: first, I'm not a real Falcons fan (PB21).Second, I'm a fat bastard ( Pudge doesn't like them) ,I'm not exactly poor ( hat tip to Scout ) and I get on BB 's nerves( I think I challenge him) . Plus dont ask Wease about my poilitics 8-)

But BB asked why tell this story here...I was kinda hoping to hear from some other guys if they ever had this kind of thing before. For all of this chicks history, where we live we wont ever engage, unless some wierd reason occurs....I know my neighbors, and I have lived here for awhile. Since the 'discovery' about 3 months ago, not a peep. It wasn't until that Halloween card came in my box. Then I got curious. That's how I found out about her 'sordid' past. Has anyone been that creepy? Looked up s*** like this before? Am I the only douche in the bag? :?:

Then I found out a whole lot more..Like she told the Star magazine that the guy she was married to, (USMC , Kuwait 2003! ) tried to 'hurt her'' when they were breaking up... and she got a restraining order..And it brought back mems of our 'fight' so many years ago, when all I did was spit on her...Did this guy do the same, or was he a real dick? . :?:

And what would she have done, if her husband was just Fun Gus and not the blood brother of someone who was in the Brat Pack?

BB you are right...I Should not care. But I cannot ever find it in my heart to be a 'good neighbor' with this person. I hate hate hate her like Scout hates the Yankees.....But: so far, so good. We do not interact....That is why Fun Gus sucks. We may never speak, but every am when I go on my patio. I know this horrible bitch is just over the fence.

This kinda sucks for me. I should be beyond this, but I still hate her. Luckily we never even see each other, I havent had one word with her since, even though I talk to the other 4 neighbors at will: which is pretty lite.....our properties are set up that we shouldnt....But I rue the day her kids footbal comes over the fence, because then I have to be a real grown up, and I'm not convinced I am there yet......

Yes, BB Fun Gus sucks...Because I cannot forgive. Not this one. :ninja:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:56 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Well Gus my advice to you, for what it is worth, is to never let anything "fester". You have to make a decision to confront her or to let it go and chalk it up to "things that happened in my youth". But there is a reason why it is still eating at you, and you doth protest a tad to much concerning your "hate" for her. Considering Americans move 4 times a year, (on average :wink: ), she may not be around much longer anyway. You just have to weigh the pros vs the cons of confronting her.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:04 am 

Fun Gus my man, don't let this woman drain you life is to short. We can spend so much time wasting energy on things we can't control. Why she is this way and all the hassle that goes with it isn't worth it my man.I should use my own psychology but habits are sometimes hard to break. It's like your a computer garbage in garbage out.Get rid of the negative and don't dwell on it it will eat you alive.

When I go through hard times I am always aware somewhere else in the world people have it alot rougher.Maybe life is like all these obstacles each of us goes through with god looking down on us wondering how is he going to handle this situation.Did he let that woman way back when eat him up or did he move on.I don't think women at least the ones I have liked let these things get to them.They have a man almost their whole lives and juggle men like a circus clown. I guess we need to be that way towards them .Don't give them the power to control you.Take the power away and find something constructive with your time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:55 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It really took 6 minutes' conversation before you recognized each other? That story sounds like a preamble to an episode of "Forensic Files." Don't do it, FG! :ninja:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:50 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

backnblack wrote:
It really took 6 minutes' conversation before you recognized each other? That story sounds like a preamble to an episode of "Forensic Files." Don't do it, FG! :ninja:

well, we look ALOT different then that long ago. :P

I have no interest in doing anything with her, believe me. I'm just bothered that it still bugs me after so many years..Yeeech. Imagine your worst nightmare from your youth suddenly becoming your new neighbor! Begone, evil witch!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:14 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

fun gus wrote:
backnblack wrote:

well, we look ALOT different then that long ago. :P

I have no interest in doing anything with her, believe me. I'm just bothered that it still bugs me after so many years..Yeeech. Imagine your worst nightmare from your youth suddenly becoming your new neighbor! Begone, evil witch!

Write a song about it.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:49 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BB is offering too much advice...if you take any of it expect an invoice. Here's mine. It's free. Kill her. Burn down her house. Pizz on the ashes. Salt the earth so that nothing will ever grow again. You'll feel better.

Last edited by backnblack on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:11 pm 

Here's my advice RUN.. this lady has snakes in her hair and her head twist around like Linda Blair of the Exorcist. Don't let her get into your head. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:13 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

BirdBrain wrote:
but you don't suck. PB 21 sucks...you aren't in his league.

It must be something about sucking you boys like to do. :roll: Mister "International Lover." You like Clooney noooo doubt. And gus?,...never hire a gay psychiatrist like BB please. whew!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:17 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

fun gus wrote:
So there is a couple reasons to hate on me: first, I'm not a real Falcons fan (PB21).Second, I'm a fat bastard ( Pudge doesn't like them) ,I'm not exactly poor ( hat tip to Scout ) and I get on BB 's nerves( I think I challenge him) . Plus dont ask Wease about my poilitics 8-)

Yes, BB Fun Gus sucks...Because I cannot forgive. Not this one. :ninja:

Gus like someone said,...a woman has the ability to cut you open and rip whatever esteem you thought you had. I never said you were not a real Falcons fan. That's BB's, Weezies and Pudge's honor being so.;)

Man, get a beer(S) and man,...music like that which brings back memories can be haunting. Maybe "fix" the music,...make it your release. Anger,...pain,...the hurt,...you artists are great doing that. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:17 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

backnblack wrote:
BB is offering too much advice...if you take any of it expect an invoice. Here's mine. It's free. Kill her. Burn down her house. Pizz on the ashes. Salt the earth so that nothing will ever grow again. You'll feel better.

well,...ditto

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:44 pm 

This woman has snakes in her hair,glowing eyes and a bow and arrow to shoot you through the heart. Do your self a favor Gus and RUN! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:28 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

am I the only one thinking murder suicide?

:angel: