It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yeah, he's back at someone's chagrin
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:16 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Hey Wease,...remember you saying there would be no way Vick EVER play again in the NFL? Remember posting that Goodell would NOT reinstate Vick, ever?,...end of story? :lol:

C'mon dude,...admit you were wrong.

No wonder you didn't reply to fungus post. You think people are stupid and don't remember statements after a period of two years. Go ahead and deny it,...and if you do, you lie.

This is what amazes me about people who make concrete predictions about people. It shows a lack of flexibility in thinking and it showed something more. To predict two years ago that anyone will be done this or that is pure, unadulterated ignorance.

You might wanna go back and reread Che's history. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Yeah, he's back at someone's chagrin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:26 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

And not making predictions sometimes is indicative of someone who lacks the necessary knowledge and/or cajones to do so.

It's a message board. Remove the stick from your butt and just enjoy the ride.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:39 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, in truth Pudge, that is much of what MBs are for...so people can crow when they are right and make the other guy eat crow when they aren't. I'm not sure if it is balls or brains that causes people to speculate for weeks or months as to who a team will draft, for example. Opposite and equal reaction typically applies. If you smugly decree, for instance, that, "Michael Vick will never play another down in the NFL and you nut huggers better learn to live with it!" then you might get a little flak when he gets re-instated. I don't personally recall what Wease or anyone else publicly stated about this and, furthermore, PB having a stick in his butt may enhance the ride for him...especially if it is a bumpy one like we Falcons fans typically experience.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:44 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

In the interests of full disclosure, I also more then once predicted he would not play another series in the NFL. :oops:

But, since it's only a message board, I'll go waaaay out on a limb and make one more prediction that is sure to bite me in the a**.

I think that Vick will go to the UFL if given the chance to make more $$$ then he can in the NFL, and I think that's almost guranteed. Who is going to pay him more then the UFL? One could make the case, maybe the Raiders or Vikings, hell maybe even the Saints. But, I think much like when the XFL premiered the powers that be will be able to outbid any owner in the NFL for 'damaged goods'. The startup could weather any peta type 'protests' because public opinion is going to be more that doing 28 months and having to play in the UFL is essentially 'paying the price'. I think at that point, the protestors would be relegated to obscurity and ridicule. I saw this happen live once when a feminist protest group tried to make a stink about the Masters @ Augusta not allowing any women in. They targeted the sponsors, and Hootie Johnson basically made them all look like fools and pushed them so far to the extreme, even though they were around, they were essentially ignored by all.

I then predict that 2 things will happen in the UFL that will prevent Vick from playing in the NFL. He will either get injured, or after the incarceration and using subpar talent, he will look bad playing in the UFL. Not just because of his intangibles, just because I postulate there's too much dust on him and too little polish on his receivers, oline, etc...

I think for these reasons, Vick will not play in the NFL again.

If I am wrong, it certainly wont be the first time 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:48 pm 

Crow all you want when you're right, but bnb, that's not what PB does. Because he's not right about anything besides the Norwood-Bush comparison. All he does is call out others when they're wrong. He doesn't make predictions in order to be right. You know this because for three straight years, like clockwork he always manages to post something about Norwood being better than Bush. That's the only feather in his cap.

In PB's little world, there is a hierarchy. And he believes that he himself is atop that hierarchy. All those that disagree with him, are inferior Falcon fans. In his eyes, positive thinking, never making predictions, never daring to second-guess a coach or player, or never daring to presume that maybe a fan might have some insight into the game of football, and Georgia residents are what Falcon fans should be. And if they are not, then they are charlatans and pretenders.

Because in his world, it's about proving he's the biggest and best Falcon fan. And he chooses to undermine others "claims" by pointing out how wrong they are so many times.

It's why he despises the people that post here. For the life of him, he can't quite grasp why people continue to post here when they are "led" by some shmuck who was wrong 108 times over the past few years. Said shmuck according to him has "no credibility" and therefore his entire presence on this board is to "expose" him, thus enlightening those others to this "fact."

What he doesn't quite get is that most people simply just want to go somewhere for a few minutes a day or a few hours a week where they can read and post their opinions about their favorite team, and not get flamed for it. It's a community, where all citizens are valued.

As Cyril once said, it's fun to make predictions. I got no problem with people giving people the business when they are wrong. But if that's ALL you do, then I'm going to have a problem.

And if you haven't noticed, 95% of PB's posts over the past 18 months have contained either an overt or a subtle slight at other Falcon fans. They're usually followed by a smilie of some sort.

If you ask me, the guy basically acts like a Buccaneer fan in Falcon fan skin.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:17 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

The bar I play @ every thursday is owned by an Irish immigrant that moved to the ATL after living 3 decades in Bah-ston. This guy tosses out the 'C' word like an adverb, loves to smoke and drink and wax philosophic on the superiority of all things Boston to Atlanta, sports included. He has been insufferable at times especially with the rise of the Pats and the Sox. BUt, we all love the crazy bastard. The whole experience wouldn't be the same: watching the Braves bullpen stick it to the starter would not be the same without old crazy Irish Jim to laugh at you about it, knowing your a Braves fan...

He will tease cajole and get downright mean at times, specially if he's been in the whiskey. But we can always shut him up or at least shame him by asking 'if Boston and it's sports and culture and food and weather are so superior to this lowly Atlanta 2 horse town, why are you still here and not back in the holy land? BTW, why aren't you back in Ireland, either?' . Then we will stretch out on the patio and watch the lovelies strolling by, and he will grumble and walk away. This scenario has happened more the last 7 years then not, but having this cantankerous old bastard around does really make it a more interesting experience. :mrgreen:

But, some folks like my wife and some of my other friends refuse to watch any sports with him 'cause they know whats coming. I like to watch him get under peoples skin, even sometimes if it's my own ...And sometimes, he actually says something that makes sense8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:55 pm 

I get your point fun gus of the lovable asshole. And I've known quite a few in my lifetime. People that some of my friends can't stand, but I think they're absolutely hilarious.

But I don't consider PB as one of those. There was a time when I did, but that was a few years and several hundred insults ago.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:08 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If it makes you feel any better, PB operated the same way at the Roost. I've always just assumed he was generally liquored up when he posts. He did predict the loss to the Lions a couple years back and for he deserves a little cred. But then, he doesn't pepper his every post with insults aimed at me. We all love ya, Pudge. No worries. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:48 pm 

Are you referring to the '06 loss to the Lions, the infamous trap game? Or the '04 loss to the Lions led by Joey Harrington? I might give him "credit" for predicting the 2004 loss, but not really the '06 loss.

There was a time when PB's football insights were frequent, and during that time I am being absolutely honest, PB's posts on this board were the posts I was most looking forward to.

But IMHO, those insights have become few and far between as of late. And most of his posts deal with qualifying and questioning his and other's fanhoods.

It could just be me from my past experience on the Roost, but I hate when people question each other's fanhoods. It makes no sense. There, it was if you didn't watch every Falcon game, then you can't possibly be right about anything dealing with the Falcons. Rather than attacking a person's opinion and position, some Roosters decided they wanted to attack the person.

To me, that's exactly what PB does here on this board.

Politicians do it all the time. But it shows how petty, ignorant, and completely how unproductive politicians are when they do it. The last thing anybody should want is to have traits similar to politicians. :cry:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:09 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, the Roost do often eat their young. If I recall correctly, you used to say you "seldom" watched the games due to being in VA and not getting the telecasts and that was what folks gave you grief about. I'm not saying it qualifies anyone as a fan or whatever but never seeing the games is pertinent. I never have liked the way people there gang up, so to speak, but it is fairly typical MB behavior....sort of like we're ganging up on PB now. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:51 am 

You're right, I did say that. But it's not like I didn't watch any games. In hindsight, I can admit that some of the grief was "deserved." But my problem was with the people that either watched all the games and/or went to all the games that felt they were better than others who did not.

Take for example that I watched a lot of college football this past year to scout draft prospects. Now in the case of a player like William Moore, there were mixed feelings about him when we drafted him by some folks on this board. Most of the people that were skeptical of him, I suspect didn't watch him play at Missouri. Most of the people that were optimistic about him, I believe did. Now, I won't believe that just because I saw x amount of Mizzou games last year and other person didn't makes my opinion on Moore right, and theirs wrong. I think I might be a bit more informed than the other person. But I'm not going to sit here and say, "You didn't even watch him play in college, so you don't know what you're talking about." That's essentially what some people at the Roost were saying.

Now, I think in 3 years William Moore will be more like Adrian Wilson than Roy Williams. But I could be wrong. I'm not going to dismiss someone else's opinion just because they don't meet some arbitrary requirements that I feel one must have in order to have an informed opinion.

Ganging up on PB? Maybe. I'm sure he would love to portray it as such. Himself as the poor victim that has been wronged by the people here at this board.

But I think if you were aware of the facts as I've seen them, you wouldn't be so quick to portray PB as a "victim." I'll admit I've been very antagonistic towards PB over the past 6 or more months. And to a third party, it may seem overly antagonistic. But I think the guy has brought it on himself. I feel like I was cordial with him for a while, but maybe I wasn't, I'll let others be the judge.

I got no problem if others like yourself, bnb, Cyril, or Fun gus, or whomever don't have a problem with the guy. I'm not here to start cliques. You and anybody else is welcome to engage him when he stops by once every week or so. I got a problem with the guy, but it doesn't mean you have to.

I'm not trying to portray myself as the smartest or biggest Falcon fan out there. But I what I do have a problem with is if someone calls me a pretender just because I don't live in Georgia or have the audacity to not think Mike Mularkey walks on water.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:51 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
I'm not trying to portray myself as the smartest or biggest Falcon fan out there..

Actually, I believe I own the title as 'biggest fan'. If we go by weight, that is :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:17 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

fun gus wrote:
Pudge wrote:
I'm not trying to portray myself as the smartest or biggest Falcon fan out there..

Actually, I believe I own the title as 'biggest fan'. If we go by weight, that is :P

Or otherwise known as a huge drag on the American Health Care System...So lets have the first annual FalcFans live weigh in....web cams at the ready???

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:41 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

BirdBrain wrote:
fun gus wrote:
Pudge wrote:

Or otherwise known as a huge drag on the American Health Care System...So lets have the first annual FalcFans live weigh in....web cams at the ready???

C'mon, I'm Big Boned! :mrgreen: In the immortal words of Tim Wilson :

Beer belly blues... what color are my new shoes...
'cause my feet & belt buckle are things I rarely see.
My problem is not my glands,
it comes poured from aluminum cans,
and Pabst Blue Ribbon's been awfully good to me.

I think that smoking probably does more damage then obesity though, so lets wipe out the smokers first. We'll start in DC :wink:

On the 4th the place I play at tried to sponsor a Nathans Hot Dog Eating Contest and not one person signed up. I asked the owner if I could keep the trophy since I ate a few myself and besides, what are you gonna do with the trophy? The old bastard said 'sure'. Unbeknownst to me, he told the organiozation that runs the regional competetive eating contest I won, so they registered me for the regional sub finals in October where I am expected to compete against all the city winners in eating as many Krystal Burgers as possible! My wife told me in no uncertain terms that was a 'deal breaker'. She said ' marrying an accordion player is bad enough, but I refuse to stay wed to a competetive eater'. Not joking at all.

So, in October at the Zoo, I'm going to stand at a table of 25 or so fat asses and lose on purpose, but I get a t shirt and free lunch. I dont think I could really compete. I;ve seen those things and I cant supress my gag reflex...Then I will retire from competetive eating. However, I will continue competetive drinking 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:54 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Mmmmmmmmm...Krystal Burgers..haven't had one in years...i think they were a nickel then.

Good Luck anyway Gus...make sure they have the defib machine standing by....in homage to Ditka on SNL.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:15 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

BirdBrain wrote:
Mmmmmmmmm...Krystal Burgers..haven't had one in years...i think they were a nickel then.

Good Luck anyway Gus...make sure they have the defib machine standing by....in homage to Ditka on SNL.

I dont have a prayer. There's a part of me that entertained the idea that I could compete, though. I tried to wolf down a handful of KB's a couple weeks ago, and I simply cannot suppress my reflex....

You seen that japanese guy thats real small that wins all the time? I always wondered how he got all those dogs OUT. Sweet Feathery Jesus that just has to hurt somehow.

The funny thing is in Ga the eaters all have wild nicknames. The guys in my band have been crucifying me on stage by suggesting various 'names' for me for weeks. It's become a crowd participating game. 'Mouth of the South' , 'Georgia Jowls' , 'Chubba Bubba' and my personal fave 'Chunk'a Dunk'a Dummy'. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:33 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pudge, I've been chatting with you on Falcon related sites since you were 15 or so. You run one now. Anyone who suggests you aren't a fan is an idiot. You're a bigger fan than I am. It's not even a passion with me any more. It' a habit. FWIW, people here tried to somewhat gang up on Cyril but he wasn't having none of it. :lol:

As for the hotdog contest. Those are now known in BnB World as bockwurst. :wink: