It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Octomom Part 2 She Cashes In
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:32 am 

Will this lady please shut up and go away. Looks like the kiddies will collect 250,000 b ut can't touch the money till their 18. Gee, I wonder how much Octomom gets out of the deal it doesn't say. We can look forward to the Octomom book, clothes line and other goodies from this wonderful U.S. citizen. :roll:

Court docs: Octomom inks showbiz deal for tots
July 24, 2009, 8:16 PM EST
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Octuplet mother Nadya Suleman has signed agreements for each of her 14 children to earn $250 a day to star in a reality television show.

The contracts filed Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court guarantee the children will collectively earn about $250,000 over three years. The contracts require a judge's approval.

European production company Eyeworks has inked the deal with Suleman. Eyeworks lists "Breaking Bonaduce" and "The Biggest Loser" among its television credits.

The show is slated to begin filming Sept. 1, according to the documents.

The payments outlined in the contracts say Suleman's kids will collectively earn $125,000 for 36 days of shooting in the first year of production, $75,000 for 21 days in the second year and $50,000 for 14 days in the third year. Any extra shooting days will be compensated at the same rate.

The contract also states that 15 percent of the gross compensation will be deposited by Eyeworks into a "Coogan Trust Account," as required by California law. The monies can't be touched until the children turn 18 or become legally emancipated.

A call to Suleman's lawyer Jeff Czech was not immediately returned Friday afternoon. He has said previously that the family has hired an entertainment lawyer and established a trust for her children, ages eight and under.

Suleman has faced allegations of labor abuses in recent months.

State regulators brought four citations against Web site RadarOnline for their video taping of the first two octuplets to go home from the hospital. The state Labor Commissioner said the Web site failed to get required state permits, videotaped the infants at hours and for periods that were illegal and failed to provide a child monitor during the tapings.

A hearing is scheduled on Monday in Orange County Superior Court, in the lawsuit brought by attorney Gloria Allred. Allred asked for a labor investigation and the establishment of a trust for the children on behalf of former child entertainer Paul Petersen, president of a group dedicated to the protection of child performers.

Suleman gave birth to the world's longest-surviving set of octuplets on Jan. 26, but the medical curiosity of their delivery turned to public indignation when it was learned all 14 of her children were conceived by in vitro fertilization.

———

Associated Press Entertainment Writer Anthony McCartney contributed to this report from Los Angeles.

Photos: Nadya Suleman

View all »

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Octomom Part 2 She Cashes In
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:27 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

http://www.accessatlanta.com/celebrities-tv/fox-network-to-air-112497.html?cxntlid=thbz_hm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:42 am 

I sure hope this show bombs. The faster this woman is forgotten the better. She'll probably be wanting fame the rest of her life once she fizzles out like Tanya Harding and some other forgotten celebs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:08 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

thescout wrote:
I sure hope this show bombs. The faster this woman is forgotten the better. She'll probably be wanting fame the rest of her life once she fizzles out like Tanya Harding and some other forgotten celebs.

It appears you won't let her be forgotten.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:51 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

She isn't going to make anything from this becasue nobody with any real money is going to bankroll it. While the American public likes the freak show, there is a limit. In a month she will be forgotten and all those kids will be left high and dry.

To quote someone I know :wink:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!
:P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:28 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

fun gus wrote:
She isn't going to make anything from this becasue nobody with any real money is going to bankroll it. While the American public likes the freak show, there is a limit. In a month she will be forgotten and all those kids will be left high and dry.

To quote someone I know :wink:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!
:P

That is chump change. may have been off a bit on timing, bu she is old old news.

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:35 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I could use some chump change then. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:56 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

"She" hasn't earned anything yet...IF the Judge approves the trust, she will probably get just enough to house, feed and clothe the brood. Believe it.... this woman hasn't "won" anything. If, and that is a big if.....she even makes it another few years as the Head of Household, she won't have realistically earned anything.And back to my original point, if it weren't for the types that keep writing in forums about her travails, then there would be no reality show. Blame Scout. :mrgreen:

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:12 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BirdBrain wrote:
"She" hasn't earned anything yet...IF the Judge approves the trust, she will probably get just enough to house, feed and clothe the brood. Believe it.... this woman hasn't "won" anything. If, and that is a big if.....she even makes it another few years as the Head of Household, she won't have realistically earned anything.And back to my original point, if it weren't for the types that keep writing in forums about her travails, then there would be no reality show. Blame Scout. :mrgreen:

blame the internet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:35 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

backnblack wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:

blame the internet

Blame human nature. The net has little to do with this. If this happened last century, PT Barnum would have her on a stage with a sign saying 'see the little egresses' ( google it )...

I love ya guys, but when in the hole, stop digging. Let's look at the facts as are known now:

she inked a quarter million deal with a company that brought us 'biggest loser', so they know what they are doing. Enter Gloria Allred, who is going to make sure the kids get that cash. More on this later.

She will now have a 2 hour NATIONAL show on FOX. In terms of 'exposure' even an off season friday night 2 hour show would cost more then any of us see in our lifetimes, if WE had to pay for it. This show alone would guarantee a moderate book success.

She now has a lawyer, an agent, and is shopping for another entertainment lawyer. She will get residuals. . That means anytime it runs after the intial deal, she or her brood keep getting paid. Get it?

On top of THAT, she WILL get a ghostwriter and she WILL pen a book. It WILL happen. With all this exposure, she would be an idiot not to. She may just be that idiotic, but not her agent and lawyer. Cha-ching.

On top of that, this show will not air in the continental USA. Look, I've been in media a while. Howard Stern never once got on ATL radio: because the Cox sisters made sure that brand of 'radio' would not 'damage' our kids :roll: When Howard went to sat, guess which city was #2 in Siruis sells? Atlanta.And were only a 11 market when Howard really got going. Now were #8.. Because: alot of people moved here who could not get it anymore, and told thier friends about it. This will happen with Octomom. Because we cannot get it here, some folks will seek it out. If it's done right ( think John and Kate, Little People ) then TLC would be stupid not to air this show next season in sweeps with the tag line 'see the show that was banned in the USA'!', and they will just show season one while the UK company is producing season 2 or 3. Fella's trust me on this one. They wont do that for 'free'. More $$, more residuals.

Now, add it up. The show. The book deal. Interviews. I would not be surprised if some fool makes a made for TV lifetime movie about her, which , you guessed it, even more $$$.

The only thing that can derail this gravy train is the interference of the courts. Since it hasn't happened yet, I think she goes the way of J&K+8, and does in fact make $$$$. That's your only hope, really, hope a california judge has some sense and puts a stop to all this. I humbly submit that Wease knows more about the courts then I, so maybe he's right. If the judge takes her kids away, she would be screwed, As long as she has those kids, she better start painting that bus and teaching those tykes to sing and dance.

I'm always willing to wager guys. Even the fun mean nothing bets. It just makes it more fun. If this woman goes broke, I'll go to a home Falcons game dressed as her. If she makes $$, I'll get free legal advice from Wease and a postcard from BB. :mrgreen:

BTW:my stepmom watches that John and Kate show..... She even knows all the names of those kids on the show, and thier personalities!! I often wondered about how this is going to affect those kids years from now. How about growing up, and watching the season where your dad falls in love with another woman and leaves mommy? It sucks enough, but it has to suck even worse if the whole world gets to watch, too. There just aint enough $$$ in the world for that kind of special abuse. :!:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:31 am 

That's the sad truth people like John and Kate plus Octomom are making money with really no talent.They decided to exploit the media and do something outrageous to have all those kids and the result is $$$$$$. Octomom was draining state funds to support her till she hit the gravy train having a doctor insert all those eggs. Is anyone prosecuting the doctor? It send the wrong message to women have a million kids you'll get your reality show,book deal and other things because people are interested. That is the key if people watch the media will pay big money. You don't get the media looking for people who can burp the ABC fron and backwards or people that stand on their head for a world record. They have special talent but the media doesn't care. Do something outrageous like Jon and Kate or Octomom and you can write your own ticket. According to this strategy the world population would increase another 150% or some ridculous figure if women started to try an have 15 babies.

Reality shows don't care just find someone unique and they'll get their own show.If Paris Hilton can do it so can we Fun Gus.....right I have some swamp land in Florida for you to.No one would care about Paris Hilton if she didn't come from a wealthy family she just capitalized on her name.Again a person with no talent using the media to keep famous which results in $$$$$$$. If I were Hilton I would do the same thing. Why work if you don't have to and capitalize on what you have.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:45 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

thescout wrote:
That's the sad truth people like John and Kate plus Octomom are making money with really no talent.They decided to exploit the media and do something outrageous to have all those kids and the result is $$$$$$. Octomom was draining state funds to support her till she hit the gravy train having a doctor insert all those eggs. Is anyone prosecuting the doctor? It send the wrong message to women have a million kids you'll get your reality show,book deal and other things because people are interested. That is the key if people watch the media will pay big money. You don't get the media looking for people who can burp the ABC fron and backwards or people that stand on their head for a world record. They have special talent but the media doesn't care. Do something outrageous like Jon and Kate or Octomom and you can write your own ticket. According to this strategy the world population would increase another 150% or some ridculous figure if women started to try an have 15 babies.

Reality shows don't care just find someone unique and they'll get their own show.If Paris Hilton can do it so can we Fun Gus.....right I have some swamp land in Florida for you to.No one would care about Paris Hilton if she didn't come from a wealthy family she just capitalized on her name.Again a person with no talent using the media to keep famous which results in $$$$$$$. If I were Hilton I would do the same thing. Why work if you don't have to and capitalize on what you have.

Anyone CAN be on a reality show, but only famous people can have one of thier own. I got no problem with that.

I also would be wary of saying Paris Hilton absolutely has no 'talent'. She might not have musical or acting talent, but she definitely has a 'talent' for branding. Because she chose to market herself in such a way that clubowners would actually pay for her to come sit in them, that is a talent all its own. I'm sure she's no rocket scientist, but the girl aint completely dumb, either. Again: a popualar media myth that beautiful women cant be smart, too. Not sayin she's Mary Pickford, but dont believe everything the media tells ya :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:07 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'm one of like 6 people in the world that actually like Paris Hilton. She's no idiot. It's just an act.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:51 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pudge wrote:
I'm one of like 6 people in the world that actually like Paris Hilton. She's no idiot. It's just an act.

You and those other five people are idiots.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:43 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

backnblack wrote:
Pudge wrote:

surely, you cant be serious 8-)

Last edited by fun gus on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:44 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

fun gus wrote:
backnblack wrote:
Pudge wrote:

surely, you cant be serious 8-)

I kid.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:18 am 

Well my view on Hilton is if she didn't have her last name you think we would ever know about her. There are 1000's of pretty women she just would be another one trying to get a bre ak. Now I do realize you just can't sit on your butt and get the media to be in love with you.P aris strategically goes to hotspots to be on the news many times because after all hype and not letting people forget about you is 95% of what it takes to continue to bank in Hollywood. Reality shows boost exposure big time. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize stardom quickly fades so you need to constantly be in the media for long term success.

Other than Hilton's last name why would she be famous again on her talent? She can't sing,act and she got her cosmetic's contract because no1 she is famous,and looks good.She has proven you don't need talent in the big 3 (dancing,singing,acting) to make it big.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:34 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

thescout wrote:
Well my view on Hilton is if she didn't have her last name you think we would ever know about her. There are 1000's of pretty women she just would be another one trying to get a bre ak. Now I do realize you just can't sit on your butt and get the media to be in love with you.P aris strategically goes to hotspots to be on the news many times because after all hype and not letting people forget about you is 95% of what it takes to continue to bank in Hollywood. Reality shows boost exposure big time. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize stardom quickly fades so you need to constantly be in the media for long term success.

Other than Hilton's last name why would she be famous again on her talent? She can't sing,act and she got her cosmetic's contract because no1 she is famous,and looks good.She has proven you don't need talent in the big 3 (dancing,singing,acting) to make it big.

And yet it is somewhat humorous that your nick on a football site is "Scout"..(when you aren't), and your Avatar is the GM's pic...sort of a morbid free-association game. Like you said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist.

By the way did you hear George Russell died???

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituar ... ssell.html

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:14 pm 

Yes, Paris Hilton is only famous because of her family. But is that a crime? Kids can't choose their parents. And she may be untalented, but what she has is lots of money and name recognition. So she's using what she got to get ahead. I've read that she's earned $15 million over the past 5 years. That's not just daddy's money.

But if she wasn't Paris Hilton, maybe she'd be Lauren Davis, the daughter of some librarian from Iowa and on working her way through dentistry school at a bakery.

Hating on Paris Hilton is just being a hater if you ask me. It's just jealousy. There's no rules that state that you can't be rich and famous if you are laden with a talent or skill. It's not a meritocracy. It's capitalism. Get money, get paid.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:52 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pudge wrote:
Yes, Paris Hilton is only famous because of her family. But is that a crime? Kids can't choose their parents. And she may be untalented, but what she has is lots of money and name recognition. So she's using what she got to get ahead. I've read that she's earned $15 million over the past 5 years. That's not just daddy's money.

But if she wasn't Paris Hilton, maybe she'd be Lauren Davis, the daughter of some librarian from Iowa and on working her way through dentistry school at a bakery.

Hating on Paris Hilton is just being a hater if you ask me. It's just jealousy. There's no rules that state that you can't be rich and famous if you are laden with a talent or skill. It's not a meritocracy. It's capitalism. Get money, get paid.

Maybe it is just hating on vapid capitalism and crass consumerism. No one said she broke any rules. Her ability to make the money she has by doing what she does just underlines what a pathetic culture we have created. So...it's really just self hatred. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:54 pm 

backnblack wrote:
Pudge wrote:

Maybe it is just hating on vapid capitalism and crass consumerism. No one said she broke any rules. Her ability to make the money she has by doing what she does just underlines what a pathetic culture we have created. So...it's really just self hatred. :lol:

I can agree with that. Paris Hilton represents the best and worst part of America. But I like her because unlike others that are in her position, she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:35 pm 

BnB said what I mean. In addtion we live in a strange society where some people follow the educaiton route,Ivy league schools and still end up in low wage jobs owing huge debt. They were smart and did what was suppose to be the right way but it didn't work out. Other people have a famous last name use it to market themselves and make millions.Who is smarter Paris or the Ivy league grad working a low wage? By the way it's not me I am talking about. I guess we can say Kevin Federline is simply marketing himself by being Mr Mom,laying around getting fat and yet is offered his own reality show and a big contract by a famous weight loss company.Is Federline a genius like Hilton then for marketing his fame which happens to be he was married to Brittany Spears.Would anyone even care about Kfed if he didn't marr her ironic isn't it.

Marketability is huge in life knowing the right people,the last name gets you in doors. P udge has it right also P aris Hilton represents the good and bad. Maybe being a controversial figure is a good thing since people either love her or hate her. I find it ironic some people think if a person wants to discuss Paris Hilton who is labeled jealous or a hater. Simply pointing out what an odd society we live in :roll: :roll: .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:01 pm 

Honestly, scout I really don't care. Someone can pay the Octomom $100 million and make 7 movies about her, but I'm not going to care. I don't know squat about the Octomom. All I know is that she's some crazy lady that might have stalked Angelina Jolie and has like a dozen kids and managed to fleece the system somehow to get some free money. And you know what, I have no desire to learn more about her. I'm happy that I don't know anything about her. If she gets a $10 million book deal, you know what I don't care. I don't spend any minutes out of the day thinking about her, Sarah Palin, Paris Hilton, Megan Fox, and the plethora of other women that you've mentioned on this board that seem to get under your skin because IYO (in your opinion) their fame and wealth exceed their talent level.

I'm glad I don't know anything about the Octomom. Cuz guess what, I skipped this entire thread until I saw that the name Paris HIlton was mentioned. And all of the other threads about the Octomom, I have skipped.

If I was a feminist, I think I would have reason to hate Paris HIlton because she represents a bad role model for young girls as the vapid celebrity. But since I'm not a feminist, I don't really care. And frankly, IMHO, if you're not a feminist (and have yet to see any evidence that any members of these forums are), then I don't see any reason to really care enough about Paris HIlton to dislike her. And if you do, IMHO, it's because you're probably jealous, because she's an untalented wench that makes millions of dollars each year because she's kinda pretty and her daddy's rich.

But you know what I knew plenty of girls like that in college, and if they could have gotten away with it once they graduated, they too would be no different than Paris Hilton. And I doubt that the University of Pittsburgh was a nexus for dumb girls, so I imagine that it is only a microcosm of the rest of the country.

I have enough problems in my life. Paris Hilton is not taking money out of my pockets. And while despite my own personal feelings about her, I know there are plenty of people out there that pretend they hate and don't care about Paris Hilton, but they are obviously the people that are eating all this tabloid stuff up.

It's that same segment of society that loves reality tv. I won't deny that there have been many reality tv shows in the past that I have enjoyed on the most rudimentary level. I've become dumber by watching them, but still managed to be entertained. In general, I really dislike reality tv because it's basically the death of creativtity in American entertainment. But instead of spending minutes out of the day loathing reality tv and the people that watch it, I've just accepted it. And you know what, I just choose to turn the channel. I'm not going to get all riled up if/when I see a K-Fed reality show commercial.

Now that might just be my personality, and I don't expect everyone to be like me. But for me, it's just a waste of energy to dislike, hate, or rant against something I have no power to change. The only way I can stop it is by not watching. If you just ignore the Octomom, Paris Hilton, and whoever else they may not actually cease to exist, but for all intents in purposes they will go away.

Maybe it's because I'm only 26. But this sounds an awful like the old couple that spend most of their days talking about "kids these days..." But guess what old people? 50 years ago when you were just a kid, the old people then were saying the exact same thing. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:00 am 

All I am simply saying is there is the bad side and getting you and BB to admit that seems like pulling teeth that's all. I really see both sides although it's the bad side.If their wasn't discussion on these frivolous topics would Entertainment Tonight or that show on CNN be in existence?

I'll try and lighten up about such topics in the future the audience here wants to talk about other things. :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:11 am 

You have the right to your opinion. As the proprietor of this site, I can only tell people what they can't post, not what they can post.

Look, I'm not saying Paris Hilton is a great human being that deserves our adoration. Part of me likes her probably because so many others don't like to. It's fun being contrarian at times.

Oh, and BTW I'm never wrong. :lol:

Profile E-mail