PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:31 am 

I respect that Pudge!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Octomom Part 2 She Cashes In
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:30 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pudge wrote:
Honestly, scout I really don't care. Someone can pay the Octomom $100 million and make 7 movies about her, but I'm not going to care. I don't know squat about the Octomom. All I know is that she's some crazy lady that might have stalked Angelina Jolie and has like a dozen kids and managed to fleece the system somehow to get some free money. And you know what, I have no desire to learn more about her. I'm happy that I don't know anything about her. If she gets a $10 million book deal, you know what I don't care. I don't spend any minutes out of the day thinking about her, Sarah Palin, Paris Hilton, Megan Fox, and the plethora of other women that you've mentioned on this board that seem to get under your skin because IYO (in your opinion) their fame and wealth exceed their talent level.

I'm glad I don't know anything about the Octomom. Cuz guess what, I skipped this entire thread until I saw that the name Paris HIlton was mentioned. And all of the other threads about the Octomom, I have skipped.

If I was a feminist, I think I would have reason to hate Paris HIlton because she represents a bad role model for young girls as the vapid celebrity. But since I'm not a feminist, I don't really care. And frankly, IMHO, if you're not a feminist (and have yet to see any evidence that any members of these forums are), then I don't see any reason to really care enough about Paris HIlton to dislike her. And if you do, IMHO, it's because you're probably jealous, because she's an untalented wench that makes millions of dollars each year because she's kinda pretty and her daddy's rich.

But you know what I knew plenty of girls like that in college, and if they could have gotten away with it once they graduated, they too would be no different than Paris Hilton. And I doubt that the University of Pittsburgh was a nexus for dumb girls, so I imagine that it is only a microcosm of the rest of the country.

I have enough problems in my life. Paris Hilton is not taking money out of my pockets. And while despite my own personal feelings about her, I know there are plenty of people out there that pretend they hate and don't care about Paris Hilton, but they are obviously the people that are eating all this tabloid stuff up.

It's that same segment of society that loves reality tv. I won't deny that there have been many reality tv shows in the past that I have enjoyed on the most rudimentary level. I've become dumber by watching them, but still managed to be entertained. In general, I really dislike reality tv because it's basically the death of creativtity in American entertainment. But instead of spending minutes out of the day loathing reality tv and the people that watch it, I've just accepted it. And you know what, I just choose to turn the channel. I'm not going to get all riled up if/when I see a K-Fed reality show commercial.

Now that might just be my personality, and I don't expect everyone to be like me. But for me, it's just a waste of energy to dislike, hate, or rant against something I have no power to change. The only way I can stop it is by not watching. If you just ignore the Octomom, Paris Hilton, and whoever else they may not actually cease to exist, but for all intents in purposes they will go away.

Maybe it's because I'm only 26. But this sounds an awful like the old couple that spend most of their days talking about "kids these days..." But guess what old people? 50 years ago when you were just a kid, the old people then were saying the exact same thing. :roll:

26? Got some bad news for ya...you're not a kid. :lol:

Truth...I've probably spent the majority of the time I have regarding either of these people (Hilton, Octo-Cow) here at this site. I'm more bemused than hateful towards any of them. Likewise reality TV. They just fill an apparent need in the entertainment market. The brain dead's money is green, after all. A bit odd to say it is a waste of energy to rant against something you have no power to change when you spend untold hours discussing the workings of a pro football team and its roster and so forth over which none of us have any control. I guess this does not qualify as ranting? I'm not sure that Scout is ranting. Just sort of commenting on pop culture really.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:18 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

No bnb, it's not ranting, it's my day job. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:23 am 

backnblack wrote:
Pudge wrote:
Honestly, scout I really don't care. Someone can pay the Octomom $100 million and make 7 movies about her, but I'm not going to care. I don't know squat about the Octomom. All I know is that she's some crazy lady that might have stalked Angelina Jolie and has like a dozen kids and managed to fleece the system somehow to get some free money. And you know what, I have no desire to learn more about her. I'm happy that I don't know anything about her. If she gets a $10 million book deal, you know what I don't care. I don't spend any minutes out of the day thinking about her, Sarah Palin, Paris Hilton, Megan Fox, and the plethora of other women that you've mentioned on this board that seem to get under your skin because IYO (in your opinion) their fame and wealth exceed their talent level.

I'm glad I don't know anything about the Octomom. Cuz guess what, I skipped this entire thread until I saw that the name Paris HIlton was mentioned. And all of the other threads about the Octomom, I have skipped.

If I was a feminist, I think I would have reason to hate Paris HIlton because she represents a bad role model for young girls as the vapid celebrity. But since I'm not a feminist, I don't really care. And frankly, IMHO, if you're not a feminist (and have yet to see any evidence that any members of these forums are), then I don't see any reason to really care enough about Paris HIlton to dislike her. And if you do, IMHO, it's because you're probably jealous, because she's an untalented wench that makes millions of dollars each year because she's kinda pretty and her daddy's rich.

But you know what I knew plenty of girls like that in college, and if they could have gotten away with it once they graduated, they too would be no different than Paris Hilton. And I doubt that the University of Pittsburgh was a nexus for dumb girls, so I imagine that it is only a microcosm of the rest of the country.

I have enough problems in my life. Paris Hilton is not taking money out of my pockets. And while despite my own personal feelings about her, I know there are plenty of people out there that pretend they hate and don't care about Paris Hilton, but they are obviously the people that are eating all this tabloid stuff up.

It's that same segment of society that loves reality tv. I won't deny that there have been many reality tv shows in the past that I have enjoyed on the most rudimentary level. I've become dumber by watching them, but still managed to be entertained. In general, I really dislike reality tv because it's basically the death of creativtity in American entertainment. But instead of spending minutes out of the day loathing reality tv and the people that watch it, I've just accepted it. And you know what, I just choose to turn the channel. I'm not going to get all riled up if/when I see a K-Fed reality show commercial.

Now that might just be my personality, and I don't expect everyone to be like me. But for me, it's just a waste of energy to dislike, hate, or rant against something I have no power to change. The only way I can stop it is by not watching. If you just ignore the Octomom, Paris Hilton, and whoever else they may not actually cease to exist, but for all intents in purposes they will go away.

Maybe it's because I'm only 26. But this sounds an awful like the old couple that spend most of their days talking about "kids these days..." But guess what old people? 50 years ago when you were just a kid, the old people then were saying the exact same thing. :roll:

26? Got some bad news for ya...you're not a kid. :lol:

Truth...I've probably spent the majority of the time I have regarding either of these people (Hilton, Octo-Cow) here at this site. I'm more bemused than hateful towards any of them. Likewise reality TV. They just fill an apparent need in the entertainment market. The brain dead's money is green, after all. A bit odd to say it is a waste of energy to rant against something you have no power to change when you spend untold hours discussing the workings of a pro football team and its roster and so forth over which none of us have any control. I guess this does not qualify as ranting? I'm not sure that Scout is ranting. Just sort of commenting on pop culture really.

Bnb we think alike on this subject. There are always to sides of a story I choose to present the other view which Pudge and BB seem to dislike thus we have our debate. I understand the other side believe me but do Pudge and BB? Seems if you have a different view of things talking about this subject your considered a hater or jealous which isn't my intent. Like I said if it wasn't for empty shows like Entertainment Tonight or Showbiz Tonight would they still be on the air? Someone must be watching this stuff,not me but probably more women who eat bon bons and love calorie absorbing fattie foods just having a good time. :lol:

Profile E-mail