It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Orhpan new movie review by Roger Ebert
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:41 am 

Here is a review of O rphan the new movie coming out tomorrow by Roger Ebert. Ebert loves this movie and has peeked my interest.I'll keep close tabs on this movie to see if Ebert's right and may go see it if enough people like the movie.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... 29993/1001

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Orhpan new movie review by Roger Ebert
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:25 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'm not big into the scary movies with kids. Like I don't get it. Why are we afraid of a little kid? I'll punch a little kid in the face, or like they did in the Ring drop that little kid down a well. The movie is over. Or the little devil kid kills me, and either way the movie is over.

Like the movie the Good Son with Macauley Culkin and Elijah Wood was creepy to me because it was a kid terrorizing another kid, but these movies about adults being terrorized by these crazy kids is downright dumb.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:29 pm 

Why are we afraid of little kids in movies? Well Pudge ever see the Omen? I forget which one (Omen2 I think) where Damien is a teenager and both his brother and Damien are out in a wooded area and Damien tells his brother you must choose are you with me or not.Mark chose not to be and Damien forced Mark to kill himself by choking him with Mark's own hand? Scary stuff. :D The Fury with Andrew Stevens and Amy Irving which both could kill just by thinking about them? Amy uses her mind to literally blow up a dude.That movie reminds me of Scanners the movie which I thought was very good at least the first movie.

The kids don't turn into aliens or turn into monsters to make people scared of them but they tend to kill people with their minds. I guess whatever floats your boat when it comes to scary movies. Some people get scared with the man that had two heads others scared of a movie like the The Fly....HELP ME,HELP ME....I suspect Pudge this is your cry for help,right? :lol: :lol: It's not like you can pick these kids up and throw them down a well. If you tried they would blow you up. :lol: :lol:

It takes a pretty inventive movie to get me lured in nowadays so if a movie like Orpahn turns out to be one I like then I may see it, Usually I wait to video since I have to watch my money nowadays. Any movie that rates at least an A- I'll likely see on the big screen.

On a side note I wish they would remake ATTACK OF THE 50 FT WOMAN..The last one with Darryl Hannah was a disappointment. I mean where is the inventiveness of the movie when the biggest scene is Hannah going into town picking up her little husband who was messing with another woman and both dying by electricution.Boring! I mean if I wrote the script I would be having Hannah in all kinds of messes. Think of the comedy when your 50 ft wife comes a sees you with another woman? :lol: You could have lines like Hannah telling the other woman honey believe me he was small then and now he sure as $#ell couldn't meassure up to satisfy me now, you can have him. :lol: How about when Hannah comes after her husband she sees him inside the restaurant with the waitress I would have Hannah rip the roof off and then say tho ught you could hide from me now little man.Is this your little girlfriend? :lol: :lol:

Oh well guess I am turning these scary movies into comedies kind of like Scary Movie 1,2,3,4,5 .... :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:55 pm 

No, I have never seen the Omen. I tried to watch the remake, but after 10 minutes, I was just like "Hit the kid with a shovel!"

Like a movie about a killer dog (like Cujo) wouldn't be scary to me. It's a damn dog. Hit it with a shovel! Shoot it! Do something. It doesn't have thumbs and can't drive a car. There's no way it's going to take me 90 minutes to vanquish a possessed dog. The movie should be over in 10 minutes! Either it mauled me to death, or I got the hell out of there.

Maybe it was the horror movie class I took in college that ruined horror movies for me. But these situations that these oversexed teenagers and horrible parents get themselves into aren't scary. Most times I wind up rooting for the scary monster or whatever to kill these dumbasses.

Now, I don't mess around with movies about ghosts, because ghosts actually scare the crap out of me. So the haunted house, hotel, mansion-type movies, I steer clear of.

Really the only scary movies I can get into are the movies like the original Saw (i've never seen any of the sequels), Vacancy, about crazy, violent people terrorizing people in a locked room, house, motel, etc. But even then, if it's because they wanted to go to some remote location, or whatever, then I'm not going to be rooting for the crazed killer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:34 am 

One of the best movies I have seen this year is The Uninvited.I highly recommend this movie it's a psychological thriller.Below is a review for you to see.

http://www.reelviews.net/php_review_tem ... ifier=1467

Yeah, I never got into the Cujo stuff.I mean it's a dog how is the dog going to scare me? The last movie made in The Exorcist series where the preacher goes out to Africa or some remote place to to cure a kid he believes is possessed.He finds alot more than that and I thought was very good. Usually the monsters in movies aren't scary however the better scary movies have a good psychological plot. I haven't seen a good ghost movie in a long time.The last one was when Nicole Kidman played the mother of two kids and they were to go outside. It turns out they were the ones that were dead and the people o n the outside were the real living people.The Ousiders was the name of the movie.

These vampire movies are not that good either. The last good one was the Wesley Snipes movies where he kills them.The scary movie genre really hasn't done much but every now and then you'll get a vampire movie with teenagers being the people that see it. Leonardo Dicaprio will be in the upcoming Shitter Island looks pretty good. Brad Pitt turned the roll down so Leo got it.

Holy cow take a look at the projects Leo might be working on.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000138/

Aquaman, hmm very interesting never knew that might be a movie.One movie that scared me alot when I first saw it was Salems Lot. However when I showed it to my college friends a long time ago they laughed and when I watched it with them I wondered why I was scared in the first place. :oops:

Profile E-mail