It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jennifer's Body New Megan Fox movie in Sept
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:32 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

thescout wrote:
At the end of the day your responsible for your own actions is what it boils down to. Power corrupts most people but you alone can let all the variables( like people bowing down to your every need, having all ye s men in your entourage,living like a king) and that can lead to person not knowing their true self. How many people have we seen at the top only to fall all the way down the ladder and broke? They lose themselves in the process and don't know what their values are because of the corruption. Michael Jackson case in point only wanted yes men and I think ultimately paid the price with his life.

Since I'll never be in the situation where I am treated like a king it's hard to say what an individual might do if presented with such optiions. I think the best thing is to live in moderation ,always watch your back and you have a hand in everything (finances being the biggy). People change around you thinking your all great and can't do any wrong but you need to keep your guard up at all times. There are alot of swindlers out there that want you r time and money. It all still comes down to the choices you make and seeing the forrest from the trees.

This might help.

Heard a story about Macartney when he was in town 2003 or 04...I was still in radio, and my old lady is a HUGE fan. This has been verified.

He was checking back into his upper Buckhead luxury hotel room, and they told him it would take about 10-15 minutes to get his stuff up there via bellhops, please have a drink at the bar or he could go to a separate 'private' area. This guy went to the regular bar and did 20 minutes at the piano for the lucky bastards there! AFTER a concert, he did 20 minutes for the people in the lobby and bar. Un freekin believeable.

Now, I'm sure hopalong ex-slutty ( as my wife termed her ) might disagree. But, I have to respect that. This really happened. He tore off 20 off the cuff for people waiting just like him, when he didn't really have to.

THAT's the kinda famous I would hope to be.

But, I'm shallow. I wouldn't marry Linda or Stilty. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:50 am 

fun gus wrote:
thescout wrote:
At the end of the day your responsible for your own actions is what it boils down to. Power corrupts most people but you alone can let all the variables( like people bowing down to your every need, having all ye s men in your entourage,living like a king) and that can lead to person not knowing their true self. How many people have we seen at the top only to fall all the way down the ladder and broke? They lose themselves in the process and don't know what their values are because of the corruption. Michael Jackson case in point only wanted yes men and I think ultimately paid the price with his life.

Since I'll never be in the situation where I am treated like a king it's hard to say what an individual might do if presented with such optiions. I think the best thing is to live in moderation ,always watch your back and you have a hand in everything (finances being the biggy). People change around you thinking your all great and can't do any wrong but you need to keep your guard up at all times. There are alot of swindlers out there that want you r time and money. It all still comes down to the choices you make and seeing the forrest from the trees.

This might help.

Heard a story about Macartney when he was in town 2003 or 04...I was still in radio, and my old lady is a HUGE fan. This has been verified.

He was checking back into his upper Buckhead luxury hotel room, and they told him it would take about 10-15 minutes to get his stuff up there via bellhops, please have a drink at the bar or he could go to a separate 'private' area. This guy went to the regular bar and did 20 minutes at the piano for the lucky bastards there! AFTER a concert, he did 20 minutes for the people in the lobby and bar. Un freekin believeable.

Now, I'm sure hopalong ex-slutty ( as my wife termed her ) might disagree. But, I have to respect that. This really happened. He tore off 20 off the cuff for people waiting just like him, when he didn't really have to.

That's a good story Fun Gus. Not all musicians.actresses, actors,athletes aka celebs are selfish and money hungry and to those people they are a credit to society. Power can be used for good and bad in the world. A few years ago the Jerry Lewis telethon was on and while you would think powerful people would go on there to help money for free it was reported some celebs only show up if you pay them.I thought what kind of crock is that here you are a rich and famous celeb and you don 't want to give just a little free time to help raise money for Jerry's kids.

Here's another story Paul Anka the singer I used to have respect for since he had a great voice and seemed to be a decent guy. Well, one of the brass players in his band brought a tape recorder to rehearsal and Paul really dished it out to the musicians. He was telling them they sucked and your not going to work in this town ever again(Vegas).He said your lucky to be in my band.I could call any number of musicians to replace just like that and you better get your act together because you sound like sh&t. I mean Paul went off on the musicians and they constantly had to put up with that stuff from Paul. He did pay the musicians well but I think that tape got out to the public(I heard it myself) and I have lost respect for Anka.

I guess some people think their bigger than everyone else which is to bad. Some day the man upstairs won't take kindly to that trashing of other people.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:17 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

thescout wrote:
fun gus wrote:
thescout wrote:

This might help.

That's a good story Fun Gus. Not all musicians.actresses, actors,athletes aka celebs are selfish and money hungry and to those people they are a credit to society. Power can be used for good and bad in the world. A few years ago the Jerry Lewis telethon was on and while you would think powerful people would go on there to help money for free it was reported some celebs only show up if you pay them.I thought what kind of crock is that here you are a rich and famous celeb and you don 't want to give just a little free time to help raise money for Jerry's kids.

Here's another story Paul Anka the singer I used to have respect for since he had a great voice and seemed to be a decent guy. Well, one of the brass players in his band brought a tape recorder to rehearsal and Paul really dished it out to the musicians. He was telling them they sucked and your not going to work in this town ever again(Vegas).He said your lucky to be in my band.I could call any number of musicians to replace just like that and you better get your act together because you sound like sh&t. I mean Paul went off on the musicians and they constantly had to put up with that stuff from Paul. He did pay the musicians well but I think that tape got out to the public(I heard it myself) and I have lost respect for Anka.

I guess some people think their bigger than everyone else which is to bad. Some day the man upstairs won't take kindly to that trashing of other people.

Wow, I am going to have to look for that online :lol: Kinda like that one where Casey Kasem goes nuts.

when I was @ 680 lots of famous people would come through the door.the year Patrick Kearney was injured he came in alot to get his chops up with Jamie Dukes, and I heard him telling him off air he loved singing karaoke. Especially Manilow! So, during the break I went into the prod studio and got online and found a karaoke version of copacabana, and had Rude sandbag him to sing it live, on air with no bouncing ball. The SOB did it, and did it okay for a jock. I always appreciated that.

That, and the time Smoltz complimented me on my accordion playing almost made getting up everyday @ 4 am worth it.

Course, there were some pricks too. Mostly comedians blowing through town getting up early to promote thier show at the gigglehut.Joe Rogan was a jerk, and that older female comic with the accordion was kinda bristly....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:24 am 

Here's a great interview with Megan Fox. Hmm, she apparently broke up with Brian Austin Green.Well now that changes things for all the men. She's a homebody,doesn't like the big club scene, doesn't get to caught up in her fame and looks even though she knows she's hot. I wonder if she's a Falcon fan? Hmm, the perfect woman now thescout needs to get on a plane and chase her down. :lol:

http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/feature ... interview/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:15 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I think she's dating Shia LaBeouf now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:51 pm 

Huh? Really? That relationship won't last (Labouf and Fox).These hollywood relationships it's like the flavor of the week with many. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:15 pm 

Yeah, it probably won't last. But even 2 months of banging Megan Fox is 2 months I don't think any man will regret. Shia LaBeouf will be a better person for it. :lol:

After all, Justin Timberlake is a far better human being for having tagged Britney Spears, Alyssa Milano, Cameron Diaz, Scarlett Johansson, and Jessica Biel.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:50 pm 

Man, the life these guys lead just amazing. :shock: When I was in visitiing Los Angeles my only time 5 years ago the bus driver(tour driver) said he has connections all over town and one of his friends was telling him that when Timberlake was dating Cameron Diaz he was seen at some club with like 5 other blonde girls having a good time. Even the women golfers and tennis players have groupies who lined up to date them which you always hear about men and groupies. Gee what a curse some of these women have being to beautiful.I heard an interview wi th Jessica Alba and just read that the dancing with the stars blonde dancer who is a country singer both said they weren't attractive in high school. :roll: Gee if they asked Fox I would bet she would say yeah I was attractive even back then. I guess when your beautiful you down play it or say yeah I am hot as hell which guy should I date this week? :lol: I wouldn't know I am average but I once had a friend who I hu ng with looked like David Hasselhoff when he was younger. This was back in college and man it was pretty sad. We would go places and these women would come up and ask him without knowing him you have pretty eyes to my friend it was like I wasn't even there. :lol: Unfortunatley his brother looked like him and he was in high school.Needless to say he had women hanging around and me and my other friend who was average were the dateless college boys. :lol:

Thankfully I have sports and music to keep me going through the tough times. :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:38 pm 

Jessica Alba said she wasn't attractive? That's BS.

The first time I remember Jessica Alba was around 1996 when I was 13 years old. One summer, my family was spending a weekend visiting relatives in Baltimore. And my brother (a year older than me), and my cousin, were all sharing a hotel room. My cousin who was 8 around the time wanted to hang out with my brother and me, but our attention was on the pretty girl that was on the tv show Flipper. Of course that was none other than a 15-year old Jessica Alba. Rather than taking advantage of a nice summer day, my brother and I watched a few hours of a Flipper marathon which I think it was the PAX channel.

So I think I've been on the Jessica Alba is hot bandwagon a lot longer than most.

But I don't think the idea that some of Hollywood's hottest women were not that attractive in their youth is not that far from the truth. The best makeup artists int he world live in Los Angeles. I've seen a picture of Adriana Lima without makeup, and her stock dropped from a 9.9 to a 7.

My belief is that many of Hollywood's star actresses were the unpopular drama chick in their local high schools. They were maybe a little chunky, or rail thin, and went relatively unnoticed in regards to the 98-pound blonde cheerleader. Those that say they weren't attractive are probably confusing that somewhat with popularity.

I'd bet good money that Julia Roberts was a 6 on a very good day when she was 17 years old.

scout, it sounds like there is quite a bit of jealousy in a lot of your posts about rich, beautiful people. You shouldn't hold that against people too much. People can't help that they are genetically superior anymore than people can help who their parents are.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:32 pm 

Interesting comments Pudge about Alba and possible jealously on my part. If it sounds like I might have a vendeta against rich,attractive people I don't mean to come off like that. I have lived long enough to realize you are who you are and that inner beauty is more attractive than outer. You can have the u gly duckling woman who helps people or always there when you need a friend or the party animal Paris Hilton type who worries about what other people think of her. Who is more attractive in your mind? To each his own many guys would pick Hilton for her looks but when you find that her inner beauty doesn't match her outer than she becomes less attractive.

I guess there are certain topics if you bring up you start to get pigeon holed has jelous even racist. Example if a white guy jokes about black people then he is called a racist but if a black guy jokes about honkies and white people in general people laugh. If I talk about pretty women or rich people I am not generalizing the whole human race. Like in society there are some rich beautiful people who have had it easy and in their bloated world treat others has less than human. A few years ago Paris Hilton she was throwing was caught on tape saying don't bother with that guy he's not from a well to do family ( at least something like that). Those kind of comments I do not appreciate and that tells me alot about a person and their values. It's like Fun Gus and I were talking about Rob Lowe how he can be obnoxious and believing his own press clippings. I guess what it boils down to is there are not so likeable people whether there average,bad looking or good looking. Here's a question for you Pudge while we hope rich people would go through the
same trials and tribulations has normal people the facts seem to point that they don't Being rich buys access to alot of things normal people don't get to have. Now good looking people can be very vain in that think the world revolves around them and has we have seen with stars like Megan Fox or even my college buddy they simply don't have to put much effort in peple wanting to like them. So is life fair, no,you just have to do the best you can with the things given to you.I try to treat people has I want to be treated and if I ever met Megan Fox I might get a total differenct persepctive of here has a person than a sex object. There are those people who have a great personality,give back to help other people and are rich and those people I admire regardless of looks.

Maybe I haven't hung around enough rich or pretty women but it's been my experience the majority I have met seem to think there better than the average person. Again, I am sure there are many rich and beautiful people that have it all like Angelina Jolie,Brad Pitt who give back, money,looks but they seem to be few and far between is what I am really trying to say.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:58 pm 

On a side note about Alba I never of her till the Dark Angel series. I thought she was one of the best looking women in Hollywood but because she was in that series no one knew of her. Her big break was doing the movie with Bruce Willis (Sin City) she had a small part and after that movie her career skyrocketed.

Megan Fox just turned down the role in the next James Bond movie saying it wasn't a good career move. Maybe she is worried about what happened to Denise Richards career after her Bond movie?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:21 pm 

Well the Bond movies is a dying franchise, so I think she was right, it is not a good career move.

I get what you're saying. Many of these people are basically crap with money or looks. And I'm not saying that you should adore these people like too many Americans seem to do. But I think when you think about some of their circumstances, you may not be so quick to condemn them. A lot of these people got fame and fortune at a young age. And that's not going to allow you to develop as most "normal" Americans are. I'm not saying that's an excuse, but I do think it's rather hard to respect the "little people" when you haven't really spent a chunk of your lifetime as such. You'll notice most of the "good" celebrities were people that didn't truly become rich and famous until they were in their 20s.

I too hate it when actors and celebrities take themselves too seriously.

But I don't get too into it really. I don't look at celebrities, athletes, and actors as role models. To me they are simply entertainers. They get paid a lot for it, but they simply provide a service. So Megan Fox could be (or continue to be) a huge bitch, and I'm not really going to care too much about. Just do your job and entertain me when I shell out $14 at a movie theater. My beef with Michael Vick is because of his shortcomings as a football player, not because of his shortcomings as a human being.

I wouldn't want other people to judge me based off what I do behind closed doors :shock: so I try not to judge others. If you believe in karma, then all this uppity celebrities will get their comeuppance eventually.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:59 pm 

In a sense I think everyone whether we know it or not discriminate in some form BUT those walls quickly come down when you get to know the other person. For example many people think all blondes are dumb however I am sure there are plenty of smart, intelligent and attractive blondes in society. We stereotype people way to much and tend to categorize all people in a group. If a comedian jokes about some race issue and its the wrong race he is condemned for it. That happened with the guy who played on Seinfeld (Cosmo).

It happened today or last night when Obama made the statement about the cop and next thing you know the entire police department and cops in other cities are upset at Obama. Things get blown out of proportion way to much just to create a headline. I rag on Paris Hilton alot but deep down I know she knows how to manipulate the media and remain in the headlines.The result she makes more money being relative and if you can get media attention why work for a living.Most people want their 15 minutes of fame and some try to make a career out of it.

As mentioned earlier if I had coffee with Megan Fox and she turned out to be sincere,nice, interesting those good looks quickly fade and you like that person more instead if I never meant her and I believe oh she is a snob and just another airhead. Heck we all discriminate even when it comes to dating for example how many average guys do you see with attractive females? Females always say I want a guy who is funny well comedians should have the hottest chicks in America based on that philosphy. What attractive women really are saying is I want a hot guy who has money and is successful and a good personality aka the whole package.Men on the other hand want attractive females however if their airheads usually the relationship doesn't last.

I feel I am one of the most indiscriminate people you would meet. Of course like many I sterotype someone only until I meet them and see what that person is like. I treat others like I want to be treated and if a person has an attitude then normally I'll scratch the person off my list or give it right back.Life is to short to always have a vendata against some people. Most people are good natured and well to do but sometimes you do get some bad apples and those individual people need to get off their high horse.

I guess it's one reason I love sports and music since you don't see color but talent. Both bring people together despite their backgrounds and if you have some sort of common interests you can get along with most people.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:43 am 

Here's is a recent interview with Megan Fox. What's the deal smacking her lips all the time? I didn't here a word she said. :shock: :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7BlaM6D ... e=featured

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:34 pm 

Just watching some of Entertainment Tonight they had a short interview with Megan Fox and asked her about her new mpvie.The question was how diid you prepare working out for the movie and Fox said what, I don't work are you kidding I'm to lazy. :lol: :lol: I can imagine many women really hating Fox now. :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail