It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sarah Palin Quits As Govenor Of Alaska
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:33 pm 

Sarah Palin is quitting as Alaska's govenor effective end of the month. She says she will be more effective outside of being govenor for change. Critics will say she only lasted less than a year in her term, if she wants to run as president it will hurt her in voters eyes. My view she is taking the money and running having a book deal and is afraid her popularity will dwindle thus now she can do what she wants to gain more revenue. I think alot of this Palin talk is media hyped and quitting in a middle of a term leaves alot of questions about Palin's desire as a politician.

Palin to resign as Alaska governor
Former vice presidential hopeful says she won't finish out first term

Kevin Rivoli / AP file
Sarah Palin is stepping down as Alaska governor.
View related photos

NBC Video: Politics

APPalin reportedly stepping down as Alaska governor
July 3: Sarah Palin is reportedly stepping down as Alaska's governor. MSNBC's Alex Witt reports.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biden greets troops in Iraq
Change comes to Mississippi
Davis saluted by Colbert
Circular reasoning saves Cheney

Slideshow

First 100 days
Striking images from President Barack Obama’s jam-packed first 100 days in office.
more photos

INTERACTIVE

Get political at Newsvine
Read, rate and discuss the latest news.
Breaking news
NBC News and news services
updated 21 minutes ago
WASILLA, Alaska - Sarah Palin announced Friday she plans to resign as governor of Alaska in a few weeks, saying she will try to "affect positive change" from outside government.

Palin, the Republican vice presidential candidate in 2008, made the announcement at a press conference Friday.

She said the decision has been "in the works" for a while and comes after "prayer and consideration."

Story continues below ↓
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advertisement | your ad here

She is handing the reins over to Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell, who will be sworn in on July 25. Parnell and most of Palin's cabinet were present at the announcement.

"We know we can affect positive change outside government at this moment in time on another scale and actually make a difference," she said, adding that politics had become a "superficial, wasteful bloodsport."

Click for related content
Want Palin's e-mails? That'll be $15 million

Some have speculated in the past that Palin may be interested in running for president in 2012, but she did not mention running for another office.

Palin was elected Alaska's youngest and first woman governor in 2006 at age 42. She was the surprise pick of Arizona Sen. John McCain as running mate in the 2008 presidential election.

She was only the second woman to appear on a major party presidential ticket — Democrat Geraldine Ferraro was the first when she ran unsuccessfully for vice president with Walter Mondale in 1984.

© 2009 msnbc.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Sarah Palin Quits As Govenor Of Alaska
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:45 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Well fun gus called it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:09 pm 

I predict she'll go on a book tour to try and heighten her popularity.
May be offered a talkshow for $$$$$$$
Make the talk show rounds

CNN did mention there is a Senate seat open in Alaska 2010 but she said she would not pursue that. Things change in life but makes you wonder if she enjoys the popularity more than being a politician? :idea: She claims to have done alot for Alaska but she couldn't finish even one term. Would she have made a good vice president had McCain won? Nowadays if you come from obscurity to the public eye it's like winning the lottery and maybe Palin craves being in the public eye as a celeb? I remember there were alot of days she didn't show up to the govenor's mansion instead staying home trying to be govenor.She did have a baby so I can understand wanting to be home but she go paid extra to stay home. Mayors across Alaska couldn't get in touch with Palin and were peeved that she needs to be at the govenor's mansion instead of home. Isn't this a prime duty of govenor being ready at all times to resolve issues?

It's funny hearing Palin in the last election defending herself saying she is the only one that has had made decisions in a high office yet now she can't even finish one term. :roll: I don't think she would win the Republican party nomination with Romney,Huckleby and whoever else may run. There is something in the way she delivers a speech that the opposition can poke holes in beliefs. Once you take away the fluff,glamour and media hype from Palin there is not alot to sell about Palin.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:19 pm 

Hard core Republican strategists are saying this is a brillant move.It enables Palin to make the public rounds to gain funds for a potential president run. My qurstion why couldn't she wait till her term was up to do this? Isn't she doing the people of Alaska a disservice quitting in the middle of her term? She loves the people of Alaska but by resigning doesn't that hurt the people of Alaska?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:50 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I hope she confesses to an affair with Gov. Sanford of SC.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:33 pm 

Ed Rollins who is a hardcore Republican thought it was foolish for Palin to resign now. He said he didn't know of any govenor quitting in midterm unless there was a potential scandel. Guess will see in the future why Palin resigned.I knew she was tired of the lawsuits, her kids being the butt of jokes however if your a public servant everything seems to be open game.I knows it wrong for people to ridcule your family but could she take it if she were president?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:16 am 
Superstar
Superstar

she is under numerous ethics investigations, probably has something to do with it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:46 am 

DaveWaz wrote:
she is under numerous ethics investigations, probably has something to do with it.

I knew there was an issue with policeman being hired or I believe fired but besides that I don't know. The timing is odd and as Ed Rollins mentioned few if any govenors have quit in the middle of their term. Wouldn't surprise me if they found something substantial on her but what can they do to her now since she is quitting.How many politicians use the words of "you betcha" or the many Palin phrases? Guess we should get ready for "hot diggity dog" from Palin in the future. I wonder by quitting if this doesn't raise more doubts about her than answers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:55 am 
Superstar
Superstar

About one half of the republicans and ALL of the democrats hope she is the nominee in 12. The Snowbilly circus should be the most entertaining show for a year. :lol:

President Obama may have a Reaganesque landslide if she wins the nomination.

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:42 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
Well fun gus called it.

Those that refuse to learn from history 8-)

Refreshing, actually. Here's a woman that could choose to do many things, but why fling crap with the monkeys when you could just own the zoo?

Good for her. I didn't approve of the way she took down Letterman, but go and make the $$ and relax. If anyone here has ever been to Alaska, a hot woman with $$ could do alot worse. Washington's loss.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:52 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

fun gus wrote:
Pudge wrote:
Well fun gus called it.

Refreshing, actually. Here's a woman that could choose to do many things, but why fling crap with the monkeys when you could just own the zoo?

Good for her. I didn't approve of the way she took down Letterman, but go and make the $$ and relax. If anyone here has ever been to Alaska, a hot woman with $$ could do alot worse. Washington's loss.

Washington's loss? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suspect that her resignation is more due to the strict Alaska ethics rules that prohibit her from signing a lucrative book deal and then being forced to hand the money over to the state. If she is out, then she keeps the money. This is about the Benjamins. The low-rent, truth challenged, Snowbilly is as authentic as a four dollar bill. I think they will be like all of the lottery winners who piss their money away. In 10 years, the "where are they now" special will be quite interesting.

She'll attempt to run in 2012, but she will be stomped like a narc at a biker rally in the primaries and if she does manage the nomination she will be destroyed in the general. If he could, I think Obama would hand pick her to be his opponent with Newt being his second choice. They have the mouths that keep giving such wonderful gifts to their opponents

W

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:21 pm 

Wease wrote:
fun gus wrote:
Pudge wrote:
Well fun gus called it.

Washington's loss? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suspect that her resignation is more due to the strict Alaska ethics rules that prohibit her from signing a lucrative book deal and then being forced to hand the money over to the state. If she is out, then she keeps the money. This is about the Benjamins. The low-rent, truth challenged, Snowbilly is as authentic as a four dollar bill. I think they will be like all of the lottery winners who piss their money away. In 10 years, the "where are they now" special will be quite interesting.

She'll attempt to run in 2012, but she will be stomped like a narc at a biker rally in the primaries and if she does manage the nomination she will be destroyed in the general. If he could, I think Obama would hand pick her to be his opponent with Newt being his second choice. They have the mouths that keep giving such wonderful gifts to their opponents

W

Agreed Wease, what's the worst that can happen to her? She loses in 2012 and still has millions? I think she'll play both sides making the money but also putting on the perception she is a viable candidate to run for the White House. As I said before Mccain choosing her last year gave her a ticket to win the lottery. There will be those who drink the water and believe Sarah is getting serious about 2012 now she doesn't have govenor responsbilities however watching her speak yesterday there is no way she could beat Obama or many other candidates in a debate. The only reason people talk about her is she is hyped by the media.

It would be refreshing to have a person who was down to earth representing the people but it isn't Palin. Once P alin got in the limelight last year she doesn't want to leave it.Why work at a 40+ hr week job when you can write books,tour,maybe have your own TV show and make millions enjoying a comfortable lifestyle?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:22 pm 

thescout wrote:
The only reason people talk about her is she is hyped by the media.

I'm sure most of the 60 million Americans that didn't vote for Obama would say the same thing about him.

Thankfully now that Palin is unemployed, I have no reason to give her another second of thought.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:42 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

at the very least, you all are showing an appaling lack of forethought and critical thinking.

However, seeing as this is a Falcons board, I will choose to over look that apparent lack of character :lol:

And, I'll just say it: you were all wrong again, Einstien. :lol:

Poor Wease. Must be kinda hard when the quarry is a little brighter then PB, huh?

Defense rests. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:56 pm 

What are you trying to say Fun Gus. I pegged Palin being someone who would go for the money from the start.She'll run for president in 2012 but I don't think she believes she will win. Just being named as Vice president candidate gives you a lottery ticket.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:17 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

thescout wrote:
What are you trying to say Fun Gus. I pegged Palin being someone who would go for the money from the start.She'll run for president in 2012 but I don't think she believes she will win. Just being named as Vice president candidate gives you a lottery ticket.

What do I need to say? You say 'she goes for the money', it is well documented she went against a seated incumbent GOP , that means she fought within her own party,and won. Furthermore, the charges against that guy are kinda sketchy to begin with. So, 'going for the $$, when her hubby is the atypical 'jock' ( racer) and already makes enough to keep her and her 17 zillion inbreds happy does not wash. And now she can cash in like Sanjaya x 100....So, looking at 'history', where is the parallel? Dan Quayle.

Now, a person like Wease mike like you to believe this is just what she needs to do for this or, that. But, I dont know if you or Wease have spawned. I have. If I had to make this decision, it is a no brainer. Like I said, why sling s*** with monkey's when you can own the zoo? To put this in RedneckerRoost terms , Palin was never a 'bobblehead'. That in itself is troubling. It's much better to own the debate rather then involve in it. By stepping down now, she rests the legal crap that accompanies every public persona, and does not have to deal with the a holes involved in McSame's faild coup.

History, young men, history.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:13 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

fun gus wrote:
at the very least, you all are showing an appaling lack of forethought and critical thinking.

However, seeing as this is a Falcons board, I will choose to over look that apparent lack of character :lol:

Poor Wease. Must be kinda hard when the quarry is a little brighter then PB, huh?

Clarity of Message 1
Fun Gus 0

I could be in a coma and destroy PB (actually that might help). Your mixed metaphors,nonsequitors and left fieldedness in the above is, well, suggestive of either a few adult beverages and/or too much time in the sun today. :P :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:07 pm 

Fun Gus I think your turning into Spock or Jesus talking parables. Either way she is going for the money with a possible intention of believing she can win in 2012. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck. O nce she got taste of the limelight why go back to small Alaska when you can be a national star? She is going to milk this thing till people get tired of her. Power changes people you should know that Fun Gus? :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:54 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

thescout wrote:
Fun Gus I think your turning into Spock or Jesus talking parables. Either way she is going for the money with a possible intention of believing she can win in 2012. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck. O nce she got taste of the limelight why go back to small Alaska when you can be a national star? She is going to milk this thing till people get tired of her. Power changes people you should know that Fun Gus? :lol:

I said it before, I dont know how I can be any clearer: she will not run in 2012, and she will leave politics on the national 'stage', same as Quayle, same as Agnew. History, gentlemen....

Why stay in office with a special needs child and 20 legal challenges against her? And as a 'lame duck'?She already said she wont seek reelection. Just as Agnew, she resigned and now she will get her just desserts. Quayle became a millionaire. Agnew became an trade executive and pocketed millions. Al Gore is trying to save the planet, and Cheney is about to cash in. Look at every VP that has sat in office or competed in the last 25 years. Just look. Bush Sr, POTUS. Qualye, out making $$. Al Gore: Captain Planet. Cheney: was already rich when he was VP, but even he will do the 1500$ rubber chicken circuit.

This is different. She is a newborn momma, thats a whole new paradigm. Scout, you say 'she's going for 2012', I see it as she has her hands full now. I see her not even contemplating another white house run. I have a special needs kid, and I can tell you that means more then some 'job'. I see her using her 'folksy' demanor to raise lots of $$$ for another candidate in 2012, and to line her own pockets as well. Expect a full court press when her book come out in 2 years...I do not see her as the atypical politician type, you guys do. I guess time will tell. I suggest looking up what Andrea Mitchell has to say on the matter....I must say, my batting average is looking pretty good right now :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:31 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Wease wrote:
fun gus wrote:

Clarity of Message 1
Fun Gus 0

I could be in a coma and destroy PB (actually that might help). Your mixed metaphors,nonsequitors and left fieldedness in the above is, well, suggestive of either a few adult beverages and/or too much time in the sun today. :P :wink:

Perhaps BOTH! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:19 pm 

fun gus wrote:
thescout wrote:

I said it before, I dont know how I can be any clearer: she will not run in 2012, and she will leave politics on the national 'stage', same as Quayle, same as Agnew. History, gentlemen....

Why stay in office with a special needs child and 20 legal challenges against her? And as a 'lame duck'?She already said she wont seek reelection. Just as Agnew, she resigned and now she will get her just desserts. Quayle became a millionaire. Agnew became an trade executive and pocketed millions. Al Gore is trying to save the planet, and Cheney is about to cash in. Look at every VP that has sat in office or competed in the last 25 years. Just look. Bush Sr, POTUS. Qualye, out making $$. Al Gore: Captain Planet. Cheney: was already rich when he was VP, but even he will do the 1500$ rubber chicken circuit.

This is different. She is a newborn momma, thats a whole new paradigm. Scout, you say 'she's going for 2012', I see it as she has her hands full now. I see her not even contemplating another white house run. I have a special needs kid, and I can tell you that means more then some 'job'. I see her using her 'folksy' demanor to raise lots of $$$ for another candidate in 2012, and to line her own pockets as well. Expect a full court press when her book come out in 2 years...I do not see her as the atypical politician type, you guys do. I guess time will tell. I suggest looking up what Andrea Mitchell has to say on the matter....I must say, my batting average is looking pretty good right now :lol:

Thanks for clearing up your opinions since I wasn't understanding them on the previous post Fun Gus. I'll have to remember your last post since you made alot of good statements. I think it's a given and past vice president or for that matter cabinet members of Bush our looking out for the money. Quayle is on the board of directors with some pharmaceuticial company making his money, Tom Ridge the former head of homeland secuirty who did a terrible job got rewarded with being on board of directors of Home Depot, Hershey, and last I heard was a top official representing senior citizens coalition. It's really a sad fact most politicians can do a bad job but get rewarded so much economicaly when they get out of office. Companies that hire expoliticians say they are hired because of their list of contacts translation they know how to get bills passed that will benefit their company and screwing the american people.

The media loves a controversial figure and have built Palin to be their glamour doll. She could very well say to heck with politics and cash in on her populairity and not think about another day in politics. If that happens there will be plenty of people that will call her bluff and be upset since they are drinking the Palin water.She said she will help support other candidates but didn't come out and say she was running which many Republicans hope she will. It's a sad fact if she is the best you have your party will lose. As you said though she will raise money for the Repbublican party but as you and I predicted will look to make money for herself. A Sarah Palin talk show or some other possibilties may come her way. Then again she could just be happy with her multimillion dollar book deal and retreat happily ever after with her family. Besides looks why has she been the media darling for politics? She seems to have more questions than answers never a good thing for a national figure.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:43 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

thescout wrote:
[ Besides looks why has she been the media darling for politics? She seems to have more questions than answers never a good thing for a national figure.

Honestly Scout, that question hurts me and frightens me at the same time. I cannot believe peeps cant see the difference between they way this woman and Hillary were handled, coupled with Obama. It's just unbelievable. Historical earmarks? Certainly. But your head must be so far in the sand to not see the obvious handling of these 3 people by the 'media'. I mean, look I'm kinda glad she is going away: but the vitriol and venom that has been displayed for this particular woman is hilarious. I mean, really ( to coin a Seth ). She is such a dumbass, yet she has engaged millions in her 'Peronista' populist movement. Kinda like ' Oh, GWB is such a dambass, but wait, he is an 'evil genuis' , no wait, that's Cheney' blah blah blah. Good lord, you think Mo Dowd thought this woman was this genearations 'Ayn Rand'. :roll:

All I know is that if even the mention of her name brings about as much crap as this: for someone in her poltical position, that's something. Of course, this woman wasn't the wife of a Bush, the Jt senator, she is in the end: a mother. With a 'Tard. And if my wife heard or saw this post, we would have a fight. But, I am telling you learned folks a little something called Hoss sense. Now: if she turns around and screws me and becomes the 'Oprah' of the right, by all means crucify me. But, until then, I will just bow to my superior forepower.

Prove it. I'll keep with the old school. And anyone that thinks that the 'death tax' is a a good thing needs a primer in Augustus I and remedi al history :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:44 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

thescout wrote:
[ Besides looks why has she been the media darling for politics? She seems to have more questions than answers never a good thing for a national figure.

Honestly Scout, that question hurts me and frightens me at the same time. I cannot believe peeps cant see the difference between they way this woman and Hillary were handled, coupled with Obama. It's just unbelievable. Historical earmarks? Certainly. But your head must be so far in the sand to not see the obvious handling of these 3 people by the 'media'. I mean, look I'm kinda glad she is going away: but the vitriol and venom that has been displayed for this particular woman is hilarious. I mean, really ( to coin a Seth ). She is such a dumbass, yet she has engaged millions in her 'Peronista' populist movement. Kinda like ' Oh, GWB is such a dambass, but wait, he is an 'evil genuis' , no wait, that's Cheney' blah blah blah. Good lord, you think Mo Dowd thought this woman was this genearations 'Ayn Rand'. :roll:

All I know is that if even the mention of her name brings about as much crap as this: for someone in her poltical position, that's something. Of course, this woman wasn't the wife of a Bush, the Jt senator, she is in the end: a mother. With a 'Tard. And if my wife heard or saw this post, we would have a fight. But, I am telling you learned folks a little something called Hoss sense. Now: if she turns around and screws me and becomes the 'Oprah' of the right, by all means crucify me. But, until then, I will just bow to my superior forepower.

Prove it. I'll keep with the old school. And anyone that thinks that the 'death tax' is a a good thing needs a primer in Augustus I and remedi al history :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:45 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

And then I go and call my kid a 'Tard. And my overserved ass posts twice!

DOH! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:56 pm 

Well Fun Gus I agree with you and have known since Palin was the vice president candidate the media has built Palin in to some demi goddess who can do no wrong. I mean haven't we had enough of Palin grabbing headlines because Dave Letterman did a distasteful joke or Levin Jones antics trying to get his 15 minutes of fame and Palin needs to grab the headlines because of someone trying to discredit her daughter? Why the media keeps covering her when she has proven her speeches are supbpar and have no substance is beyond me. What Palin does have is good looks, a down to earth next door neighbor attitude where " you bettcha" , Absolutely. Yup, yup.” –Sarah Palin after being asked by People magazine if she was ready to be a heartbeat away from the presidency,“As for that VP talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can’t answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?” –Sarah Palin, interview with CNBC’s “Kudlow & Co”, July 2008.

I know Obama people didn't give him much of a chance those thinking Palin might be president 2012 are off their rocker. I guess there is a market for a ex govenor who somehow rials people up with the slang she uses and she will cash in her chips while she can. Crazier things have happened before maybe Palin is around for a long time but she seems like she'll grab the money and ride off into the sunset.

Profile E-mail