It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sarah Palin Quits As Govenor Of Alaska
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:16 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Really Smart VPs - About the only ones I can thinnk of that weren't A listers were Quayle and Agnew - and I am not so sure about Quayle. Agnew was a knuckle dragging thug. Quayle had Kristol as his CoS, so he gte s relook from me as Kristol is a full blown zealot and could take anyone dowm.

While I think Cheney was a horrible VP (mostly evil), his was brilliant. Gore, Bush (the greater), Mondale - All would have been or were capable presidents. Humphrey - brilliant. Johnson, a complete dick, but for the Viet Nam mess would probably be in the top 10 presidents. Ooops forgot Ford. I love Jerry Ford. Wish we would have had 4 more years of Ford. Nixon? Remove that watergate and related scandals and his accomplishments in offfice would have been top 10 consideration - yes, he was a very troubled man, but his brain power is unquestioned. Can't say I remember Truman's VP, but Truman was a top 5 president - ever. Smart smart man. So there you go. Each one is a

Comparing Vanity fair to Coulter - just stop. You have zero credibility when you do that. Yes the VF piece is hard hitting one, but anything that does not kiss the subjects ass is called a "hit piece" by the opponents of it. You are dipping perilous close to the tin foil hat crowd with this defense of Palin. You seem to have gone beyond the trite Kool Aid and seem to e heading in trite lapdog territory.

W

Pardon the spelling and briefness of the response, but I am in a hotel in Wisconsin and operating off an ancient laptop that gets timed out ever couple of minutes

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Wease wrote:
Comparing Vanity fair to Coulter - just stop. You have zero credibility when you do that. Yes the VF piece is hard hitting one, but anything that does not kiss the subjects ass is called a "hit piece" by the opponents of it. You are dipping perilous close to the tin foil hat crowd with this defense of Palin. You seem to have gone beyond the trite Kool Aid and seem to e heading in trite lapdog territory.

W

Pardon the spelling and briefness of the response, but I am in a hotel in Wisconsin and operating off an ancient laptop that gets timed out ever couple of minutes

Forgiven. BUt, be fair Wease: I did not 'compare' VF to Coulter. What I said was it would be wrong for me to counter the VF piece with something FROM Coulter. That is not a 'comparison', in fact, it is me stating that to do that would be unfair and illogical to do that. And thus, I countered with a piece from a well known democrat, a feminist, and a sholar that not even the most 'kool aid filled lapdog' would have to admit is 'fruadulent'.

You get kinda testy when you get boxed in, you know? No need to level terms like 'trite' or 'lapdog'. Or 'tinfoil' or perhaps using demaning terms like 'Snowbilly'. It's yourt right, it just destroys your credibility, IMHO. I'd like to think I'm trying to be fair, if thats even possible! When I hear someone calling Obama a 'facist', I put that on about the same level.. At the risk on being further called 'thin skinned' how about addressing the opinions of Paglia like asked? I understand your a busy man on a Govt machine...Get back to me on that when you get a chance :lol:

For the record, I have stated I would not vote for her, did not vote for her, and would be dissapointed in her if she does run in 2012, which I'm not sure whether or not we have a wager on. I hardly see how that lists me as a 'defender' of hers, much as Paglia's. But, you have to be a special kind of person not to see and admit that the 'media' did cross lines and held her to a standard that they do not for others: and if you think the VF article was 'fair' please addres that. I think Paglia did that quite well!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:52 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

BTW, in the interest of 'Irony' this story is a hoot:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_pol ... position=0

U.S. Sen. John Kerry was telling a group of business and civic leaders in town at his invitation about the “bizarre’’ tale of how South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford had “disappeared for four days’’ and claimed to be hiking along the Appalachian Trail, but no one was really certain of his whereabouts.

“Too bad,’’ Kerry said, “if a governor had to go missing it couldn’t have been the governor of Alaska. You know, Sarah Palin.’’

Now, before anyone get's the wrong idea, this joke was actually funny. BUt how ironic that Kerry is using a Palin joke to poke fun at a Carolinian Pol that is a cheater, when his own running partner was a Carolinian Pol that is a cheater!

Good lord it's just to funny! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:52 pm 

Palin's just sitting back and taking it all in with the overhyped media that keeps building her up. Like you said Wease, Alaska is a different state than all the other states in the union.Folks there probably are not politcially savy and she could get by with alot of things. Out in the real world she would have to deal with people who want to tear her down and probably bring her family into the mess. I don't think she has thick enough skin to handle all the problems nor is she smart enough. Even Palin supporters would have to realize do you really want this lady being the leader of the free world? I could just see her talking to the Russian leader or the North Korean crazy man .....fellas just come over to my place will have some beers and hunt some moose to settle our problems. That's what we do here in Alaska and you betcha were going to have a great time ,wink wink ( like Palin does). I bet the Russian and North Korean leaders would laugh and say in their own language hell the Americans found someone dumber than George W Bush I didnt think it was possible. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:18 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

thescout wrote:
Palin's just sitting back and taking it all in with the overhyped media that keeps building her up. Like you said Wease, Alaska is a different state than all the other states in the union.Folks there probably are not politcially savy and she could get by with alot of things. Out in the real world she would have to deal with people who want to tear her down and probably bring her family into the mess. I don't think she has thick enough skin to handle all the problems nor is she smart enough. Even Palin supporters would have to realize do you really want this lady being the leader of the free world? I could just see her talking to the Russian leader or the North Korean crazy man .....fellas just come over to my place will have some beers and hunt some moose to settle our problems. That's what we do here in Alaska and you betcha were going to have a great time ,wink wink ( like Palin does). I bet the Russian and North Korean leaders would laugh and say in their own language hell the Americans found someone dumber than George W Bush I didnt think it was possible. :lol:

I give up. I am rapidly getting the impression that anyone with an 'R' by thier name is not going to get any 'benefit of the doubt' from you guys. That's all fine and good. If you guys want to believe only 'stupid' politicians can make it in inbred, outland Alaska, so be it. I can think of many worse scenarios then Palin as VP.

Admiral Stockdale, anyone?
Thomas Eagleton?
William Rufus King?
John C. Calhoun? He laid the groundwork for nullification which ultimately led to the Civil War. None of these braintrusts were from Alaska, BTW :roll:

I give up. I cant provide facts, history or even an opinion piece to get a fair hearing. So, in the interests of entertainment, I'll just throw some chum to the sharks:

I Still Hate You, Sarah Palin
The Republicans bring a knife to a gunfight, and lose again.

One of the most terrifying moments of my political life came last summer at the Republican convention in St. Paul. No, I don’t mean seeing John McCain careering around the Xcel Energy Center like Eyegore in Young Frankenstein, his face frozen in a Lon Chaney Sr. rictus grin as he reached across the aisle to his erstwhile friends in the media and got his hand bitten off. Rather, I’m referring to the aftermath of Sarah Palin’s outrageous acceptance speech, which whipped up the Rotary Club delegates into a frenzy of white-boy fury that not even heckling by a brave Code Pink embed could deter. Truly a fascist classic and one that sent shivers down our collectivist spines.

Even worse was the glaze of horror on the phizzes of the assembled heroes of the Mainstream Media. Andrea Mitchell — yes, the very same Andrea Mitchell, NBC News, Washington, whose employer saw no conflict of interest at all when she married then Fed pooh-bah Alan Greenspan — stood there gaping like a frog while the rest of the assembled Finemans and Matthewses and Olbermanns scurried around like roaches when the light gets turned on: What the hell just hit us? For one horrible moment, it looked as if the carefully crafted plans of David Axelrod, Rahm Emanuel, George Soros, and the Second Chief Directorate, first department, of the old KGB were about to gang agley.

Not only were we offended at the sheer effrontery of McCain’s pick: How dare the Republicans proffer this déclassée piece of Wasilla trailer trash whose only claim to fame was that she didn’t exercise her right to choose? Where were her degrees from Smith or Barnard, her internships at PETA, the Brookings Institution, or the Young Pioneers? We were also outraged that the Stupid Party had just nominated a completely unqualified candidate nobody had ever heard of, a first-term governor of Alaska whose previous experience consisted of a small-town mayoralty. As opposed to our guy, Barry Soetoro of Mombasa, Djakarta, and Honolulu, a first-term senator nobody had ever heard of, whose previous experience had been as a state senator (D., Daley Machine) in Illinois. After eight long, illegitimate, lawless years of &*^%BUSH$#@! tyranny, how dare you contest this election?

And so the word went out, from that time and place: Eviscerate Sarah Palin like one of her field-dressed moose. Turn her life upside down. Attack her politics, her background, her educational history. Attack her family. Make fun of her husband, her children. Unleash the noted gynecologist Andrew Sullivan to prove that Palin’s fifth child was really her grandchild. Hit her with everything we have: Maureen Dowd of the New York Times, taking a beer-run break from her quixotic search for Mr. Right to drip venom on Sister Sarah; post-funny comic David Letterman, to joke about her and her daughters on national television; Katie Couric, the anchor nobody watches, to give this Alaskan interloper a taste of life in the big leagues; former New York Times hack Todd “Mr. Dee Dee Myers” Purdum, to act as an instrument of Graydon Carter’s wrath at Vanity Fair. Heck, we even burned her church down. Even after the teleological triumph of The One, the assault had to continue, each blow delivered with our Lefty SneerTM (viz.: Donny Deutsch yesterday on Morning Joe), until Sarah was finished.

You know what? It worked! McCain finally succumbed to his long-standing case of Stockholm Syndrome (“My friends, you have nothing to fear from an Obama presidency”), Tina Fey turned Palin into a see-Russia-from-my-house joke, “conservative” useful idiots like Peggy Noonan and Kathleen Parker hatched her, and finally Sarah cried No más and walked away. If we could, we’d cut off her head and mount it on a wall at Tammany Hall, except there is no more Tammany Hall unless you count Obama’s Tony Rezko–financed home in Chicago. And it took only eight months — heck, Sarah couldn't even have another kid in the time it took us to destroy her. That’s the Chicago way!

Yes, my friends, it’s once again time to quote Sean Connery’s famous speech from The Untouchables, written by David Mamet — the lecture the veteran Chicago cop gives a wet-behind-the-ears Eliot Ness (Kevin Costner, back when he was a movie star) while they sit in a church pew. “You want to get Capone? Here’s how you get him: he pulls a knife, you pull a gun, he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That’s the Chicago way!” If you just think of us — liberal Democrats — as Capone you’ll begin to understand what we’re up to. And we just put one of yours in the morgue.

I don’t know why I’m telling you this, but maybe now you’re beginning to understand the high-stakes game we’re playing here. This ain’t John McCain’s logrolling senatorial club any more. This is a deadly serious attempt to realize the vision of the 1960s and to fundamentally transform the United States of America. This is the fusion of Communist dogma, high ideals, gangster tactics, and a stunning amount of self-loathing. For the first time in history, the patrician class is deliberately selling its own country down the river just to prove a point: that, yes, we can! This country stinks and we won’t be happy until we’ve forced you to admit it.

If you had any sense, you would start using our tactics against us. After all, you have a few lawyers on your side. Sue us. File frivolous ethics complaints against all our elected officials until, like Sarah, they go broke from defending themselves. (David Paterson would be a good place to start.) Challenge the constitutionality of BO2’s legion of fill-in-the-blank czars — none of whom have to be confirmed, or even pass a security check.

You might also want to think about interviewing New York literary agent Jane Dystel, who a) contacted the totally unknown Obama in the wake of an adulatory New York Times piece in 1990 and b) got him a $125,000 advance for a memoir that c) he couldn’t write, even after a long sojourn in Bali, which d) got the contract canceled, whereupon e) Dystel got him $40,000 from another publisher, following which f) the book finally came out to glowing reviews and g) Obama fired her. Wouldn’t she have an interesting story to tell?

Of course, you won’t. You’re too nice, too enamored of history and tradition to realize that the rules have changed. Remember, I live and work in a town where, “Hello, he lied,” isn’t a joke; we men of the Left are perfectly comfortable lying, cheating, and stealing — hello, Senator Franken! — in order to attain and keep political power. Not for nothing is one of our mottos, “By Any Means Necessary.” You see, we’re the good guys, and for us the ends always justify the means. We are, literally, shameless, which is why Bill Clinton is now a multi-millionaire and Eliot Spitzer is already on the comeback trail.

In Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals, “the fourth rule is: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.” This is the book that “Reset” Rodham (what ever happened to her?) and BHO II grew up reading and continue to live by. If you don’t understand that that’s the way we see you — as the enemy — then you’re too dumb to survive. Remember that for us politics is not just an avocation, or even just a job, but our life. We literally stay awake nights thinking up ways to screw you. And one of the ways we do that is by religiously observing Alinsky’s Rule No. 4.

Did Sarah stand for “family values”? Flay her unwed-mother daughter. Did she represent probity in a notoriously corrupt, one-family state? Spread rumors about FBI investigations. Did she speak with an upper-Midwest twang? Mock it relentlessly on Saturday Night Live. Above all, don’t let her motivate the half of the country that doesn’t want His Serene Highness to bankrupt the nation, align with banana-republic Communist dictators, unilaterally dismantle our missile defenses, and set foot in more mosques than churches since he has become president. We’ve got a suicide cult to run here.

And that’s why Sarah had to go. Whether she understood it or not, she threatened us right down to our most fundamental, meretricious, elitist, sneering, snobbish, insecure, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders bones. She was, after all, a “normal” American, the kind of person (or so I’m told) you meet in flyover country. The kind that worries first about home and hearth and believes in things like motherhood and love of country the way it is, not the way she wants to remake it.

What you clowns need, in other words, is a Rules for Radical Conservatives to explain what you’re up against and teach you how to compete before it’s too late. Luckily, since I care about money even more than I care about politics, I have just such a book in the proposal stage, currently making the rounds of various publishers, assuming any of them are wise enough to take me up on it.

And, yes, this time it really is personal.

— David Kahane is pushing for a new national holiday to commemorate the destruction of Sarah Palin, and is hopeful that his senators, Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein, will co-sponsor it, along with Henry Waxman in the House. You can second the motion at kahanenro@gmail.com or on Facebook.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, this guys is full of sh*t, but he's pretty funny. Too bad he's 'made up'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:58 pm 

Vice president? :roll: I was thinking more of P alin being President when I posted the threads. :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:00 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

thescout wrote:
Vice president? :roll: I was thinking more of P alin being President when I posted the threads. :lol: :lol:

only a heartbeat away. Think of ol Crazy Joe now when you think about that :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:01 pm 

On second thought how about Palin as President and Dan Qualyle being Vice President.One can't spell potato and the other seems to have a fly in her eye (winking) and will rile the boys up with all the you betchas any politican can handle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:17 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

windy tonight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:24 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

backnblack wrote:
windy tonight

with a chance of brain. Be safe over 'there' :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:13 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

fun gus wrote:
backnblack wrote:
windy tonight

with a chance of brain. Be safe over 'there' :wink:

Ever the Clever Trevor....and roger that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:10 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

thescout wrote:
On second thought how about Palin as President and Dan Qualyle being Vice President.One can't spell potato and the other seems to have a fly in her eye (winking) and will rile the boys up with all the you betchas any politican can handle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

White House spells Obama's name wrong

Someone might want to look into whether an impostor took President Obama's place during his trip to Russia.

In a release touting an agreement between Obama and President Dmitry Medvedev over how to craft a follow-up to the START arms reduction treaty, the White House claimed the document had been signed by one "Barak Obama."

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/07 ... ame-wrong/

I will now sit back an wait for the monologues to begin :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:20 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Wease wrote:
Here is the excellent Vanity Fair Article on her:

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/feat ... alin200908.

Just to clarify, Wease thinks this guy is 'excellent'. However, the former POTUS called him a 'scumbag' for the hatchet job he did on his wife, something that I told y'all was happening and was documented by CBS news. :roll:

Now, THATS why I said this was not only not 'excellent', but sound more like the kinda crap Coulter would do.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/ ... 8156.shtml

"Clinton had no doubt about what's the matter with Purdum, whom he called "sleazy" in the Huffington Post interview.

"He's a really dishonest reporter," Clinton said during the tirade that followed, according to Fowler's report. "And I haven't read (the article). There's just five or six blatant lies in there. But he's a real slimy guy."

Reminded that Purdum is married to his former press secretary Dee Dee Myers, Clinton responded in part: "That's all right - he's still a scumbag." The former president added: "He's just a dishonest guy - can't help it."

Clinton went on to observe: "It's all politics. It's all about the bias of the media for Obama. Don't think anything about it. But I'm telling ya, all it's doing is driving her supporters further and further away - because they know exactly what it is - this has been the most rigged coverage in modern history - and the guy ought to be ashamed of himself. But he has no shame. It isn't the first dishonest piece he's written about me or her."

"A lot of Clinton people believe that she's been treated very unfairly by the media," CBS News Senior Political Correspondent Jeff Greenfield noted on the "Early Show." "

Ahem. Wease, I'm sure with all your education and Govt service you can 'splain to me how the former POTUS, the guy you voted for twice, last year called the 'hard hitting fair reporter' for Vanity Fair a 'sleazy scumbag'? And you call the hatchet job he wrote on Palin 'excellent' when he already has a 'history' ( there's that word again ) of doing capr like this?

Or do you actually work for CBS? See how this works?

Yes, there is a 'credibility' issue here, but it aint with Fun Gus 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:46 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Oh christ, you just don't get it do you? You don't think Clinton might have it in for someone writing a less than flattering story about his wife during the primary season? You have bought into the everything is political mindset.

Your condescending attitude makes you look like a fool. You do realize that don't you? I have never been "boxed in" on this and certainly not by you. :lol:

By the way, I did not vote for Clinton in either 92 or 96 (and I did vote). Jee you are wrong about that too. You really have no idea what my political philosopjy is and just fall into the fring trap of if they don't sing my song they have to be way on the other side. See, things don't fit into your little red and blue world. People are deeper than just republican or democrat or liberal or conservative. Unfortunately, it appears you are trapped in that mindset and it must boggle your mind that people can read many many things, judge them and then make up their own mind. Some of us don't need to be told how to think by talk radio, Fox News, or MSNBC. In fact, being a criminal lawyer and a judge for 21 years has helped me a wee bit in judging bias and credibility. Kind of comes with the territory. :wink:

As far a the Snowbilly is concerned, I don't need to have somebody tell me how to think about her. I just listen to what she attempts to say and realize she is an ambitious, low rent hick, who is just not that smart. She has gotten by so far, but she had no business being potentially a 72 year old heartbeat from the presidency. She is no populist, she is an opportunist. Some people get it and some have bought into her "persona." you seem to be caught in the middle - you will come around. Give in to the light side, embrace the knowledge. :D

If you ever come to your sense and start to see other colors, I may chat with you again about politics, but arguing with a zealot is not what I consider entertaining or even interesting. It is like listening to Cyril rant about McKay - it is boring and there is no amount of evidence that will ever alter his monomaniacal view on the subject. PB is too far to gone and is probably incabable of realizing that people are mocking him for his wingnuttyness, but you seem to have some sense and have bucked the trend on occasion, so there may be hope for you yet.. :wink:

Until then, rant away, but you can do it without me, because I find your monomanical view on politics boring, tedious and, frankly, uninteresting.

W

Edit: I can't wait for my Household goods to be delivered. Writing on this broken laptop where I can't see the text I am writing is killing me and my gramar and punctuation are appaling.

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:09 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Wease wrote:
Until then, rant away, but you can do it without me, because I find your monomanical view on politics boring, tedious and, frankly, uninteresting.

W

Edit: I can't wait for my Household goods to be delivered. Writing on this broken laptop where I can't see the text I am writing is killing me and my gramar and punctuation are appaling.

Oooooh! The Russian Bleeds! :lol:

Please, please do not put me on 'IGNORE'! Do not do that to such an worm as I!

Look, I kinda think that a 'hatchet job' journalist looks to his pocket: the only dif here is you thought he was 'excellent' while I pointed out he was NOT.He is a s***head non journo at BEST. Can we agree on that? You can say blah blah but the fact is Paglia and Fun Gus had it right: the dude is a douche, both sides, and you SHOULD have seen it.

Lets get a new tax so you can get better computer access, already.

BTW, the whole 'you voted for Clinton' is 101 broadcasting. 'Duh', I didn't know, but I sure got you to 'splain that, huh? For someone who 'doesnt have time' for all this BS, you sure got time to let us all know how you DID or DID NOT vote, now didn;t ya? Kinda funny, huh?:lol:

Chuckle. Now go and put me on ignore,Wease :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:23 am 

Today was Palin's last day as govenor is anyone going to cry? :lol: I still can't believe some people think she is the only govenor that has alot of lawsuits against her. I believe that comes with the job people suing you yet Palin cries like she is the only govenor that has such a tough job. Give me a break, blah blah blah. I remember last year many were calling Obama a rockstar that's so laughable compared to Palin. Palin is the rock star someone who doesn't have alot of substance just riding the roller coaster to cash in on the money.

Here in Indiana Mitch Daniels people are expecting him to run for president he jokingly said if thats the best the Republicans have were in trouble. I agree Daniels hasn't done alot for Indiana yet is he supposed to be a viable candidate. He is about as ready for President as Dan Qualye being Vice President. Daniels was the former CEO of Eli Lilly and took alot of people selling out and getting rich. Daniels does have ties to George Bush.I don't remember which one but anyoen associated with Bush is suspect doing any job. Looks like the Rebuplicans are really roling out the heavy duty candidates if Daniels and Palin run. :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:26 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

thescout wrote:
Today was Palin's last day as govenor is anyone going to cry?:

Yes. The northeastern media establishment, Air America and Tina Fey.

I understand that this woman is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but she is also not the dumbest governor or member of congress. Not even close. But, some cannot be swayed 8-)

re read what I wrote, and watch it come true. Her PAC is raising truckloads of $$$, and she is being touted as a 3rd party candidate.But, Ron Paul is still a GOP even though he is a 'libertarian'. She wont run, but she will have a major say in the direction of the party in 3 years~unlike my hero, Dr Paul.

As for viable GOP POTUS candidates, what about the Gov of Texas? He's not my cup o tea, what with the holier then thou religous crap, but thats red meat for the repubs in flyover country. Pair that guy with someone from the northeast, say Romney or Guliani, and you might have a fighting chance in 2012.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:43 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

fun gus wrote:
Wease wrote:

Just to clarify, Wease thinks this guy is 'excellent'. However, the former POTUS called him a 'scumbag' for the hatchet job he did on his wife, something that I told y'all was happening and was documented by CBS news. :roll:

Now, THATS why I said this was not only not 'excellent', but sound more like the kinda crap Coulter would do.

"Clinton had no doubt about what's the matter with Purdum, whom he called "sleazy" in the Huffington Post interview.

"He's a really dishonest reporter," Clinton said during the tirade that followed, according to Fowler's report. "And I haven't read (the article). There's just five or six blatant lies in there. But he's a real slimy guy."

Reminded that Purdum is married to his former press secretary Dee Dee Myers, Clinton responded in part: "That's all right - he's still a scumbag." The former president added: "He's just a dishonest guy - can't help it."

Clinton went on to observe: "It's all politics. It's all about the bias of the media for Obama. Don't think anything about it. But I'm telling ya, all it's doing is driving her supporters further and further away - because they know exactly what it is - this has been the most rigged coverage in modern history - and the guy ought to be ashamed of himself. But he has no shame. It isn't the first dishonest piece he's written about me or her."

"A lot of Clinton people believe that she's been treated very unfairly by the media," CBS News Senior Political Correspondent Jeff Greenfield noted on the "Early Show." "

Ahem. Wease, I'm sure with all your education and Govt service you can 'splain to me how the former POTUS, the guy you voted for twice, last year called the 'hard hitting fair reporter' for Vanity Fair a 'sleazy scumbag'? And you call the hatchet job he wrote on Palin 'excellent' when he already has a 'history' ( there's that word again ) of doing capr like this?

I actually kind of liked Bill but him leveling these comments at anyone is sort of pot and kettle.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:36 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

backnblack wrote:
fun gus wrote:
Wease wrote:

I actually kind of liked Bill but him leveling these comments at anyone is sort of pot and kettle.

I know what you mean, but honestly, if he said the same thing about Dick Morris he would be in the same boat. And, he would be correct. This hack 'reporter' is on par with Morris. That is, his 'loyalty' is directly attached to his wallet. Destroys any credibilty.

Purdum is the print version of Kitty Kelly. I'm sure there is some truth in there, but there's also alot of just plain false crap too. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:53 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Why is this thread not dead?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:02 pm 

Pudge wrote:

When is Palin's 15 minutes of fame up? :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:13 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

thescout wrote:
Pudge wrote:

When 50 million rednecks die of the Hillbilly Flu.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:12 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

BirdBrain wrote:
thescout wrote:
Pudge wrote:

When 50 million rednecks die of the Hillbilly Flu.

\
Hey now, thar's only 27 million rednecks! Who you been talkin to says there are 50 million? :mrgreen:

We rednecks dont mix with the hillbilly's.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:45 pm 

You betcha you rednecks got to get off your butts. In Alaska we can see Russia love to hunt wild boars and moose from helicopters. Those varments need to be controlled ya dig? :lol: Oh I can't get enough of the Palin humor! :lol:

Profile E-mail