It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Team USA v. France - World Football
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:10 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

http://www.usafootball.com/articles/displayArticle/6877

If we don't kick France straight in the nuts...

Post subject: Re: Team USA v. France - World Football
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:07 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

GOFRANCE :mrgreen:

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Soccer's for girls

Go France!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:29 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

- :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.cantonrep.com/communities/ca ... tball-team

By Steve Doerschuk
CantonRep.com staff writer
Posted Jun 27, 2009 @ 11:37 PM
Last update Jun 28, 2009 @ 12:44 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CANTON — Everyone knows that stereotype about the French treating American visitors rudely, especially in Paris.

A curt “no no” here. A thumb of the nose there.

When the French came to Fawcett Stadium Friday night, it was bloody noses all around for the visitors, a rip-roaring rude awakening in Canton.

The United States deep-fried France 78-0 in a first-round IFAF Junior World Championship game. A festive crowd cheered when running back David Wilson charged onto the field carrying the stars and stripes, then filleted France’s defense.

Quote:
Team USA consists of soon-to-be NCAA Division I freshmen. Wilson, a prized Virginia Tech recruit, rushed four times for 93 yards in the first quarter and would have had more if the end zone hadn’t kept stopping him. He scored four touchdowns in 2 1/2 quarters.

“He ran the wing-T in high school,” Team USA Head Coach Chuck Kyle said. “He had a week and a half to figure out how to be an I-formation tailback. Looks like he figured it out.”

The blocking was robust.

“All we’ve been doing is hitting each other for two weeks,” said Ohio State-bound center Jack Mewhort. “By the time we got here, everybody wanted to rip somebody’s head off.”

It was the nightcap of a four-game marathon whose combined attendance was 10,145.

Fawcett will fire back up for four more games on Wednesday, featuring a Mexico-USA battle at 7 p.m.

Three consolation games will be played next Saturday, followed by the championship game next Sunday.

France’s right tackle, 6-foot-3, 238-pound Vincent Valantin, is smaller than many at that position in local high school leagues. One of the wideouts, 5-foot-7 Mathieu Lapios, made 175-pound USA cornerback J.R. McConico look like a monster.

The French flirted with productive moments. One was a deep ball that floated toward a wide-open Lapios. McConico came out of nowhere to blow up the play.

France’s Abdeslam Allal leaped in celebration when a France punt rolled dead at the 1. One play later, after a simple handoff to Wilson, Team USA was at the 28.

Mismatches were everywhere. Cheers for big hits were frequent.

France defensive end Jordan Dable (6-1, 212) could as easily have burrowed through a redwood as gotten around USA offensive tackle Oday Oboushi (6-6, 300).

Through three quarters, Team USA led 460-32 in total yards, with Wilson running for 181.

The score could have hit 100. One would-be USA TD was erased by a ball fumbled through the end zone. An interception return for a TD was nixed by a penalty.

In the second half, Ohio State-bound linebacker Storm Klein was part of a group rush that sacked a France QB for a 17-yard loss.

It can’t be said Paris never saw football like this. It’s a short drive from Canton to the Paris in Stark County.

It was a long summer night for Team France. But ...

“I think they learned,” Klein said of the visitors. “I think they enjoyed themselves.”

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:41 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

http://www.bdtonline.com/localsports/lo ... 22753.html

We are the champions! I guess Canada at this point realizes that the CFL might not be so close to the NFL like they might have thought before. US gave up 3 points the whole tourney.

http://www.usafootball.com/articles/dis ... /6923/7972

CANTON, OHIO - The 2009 IFAF Junior World Championship All-Tournament first and second teams have been announced following the Gold Medal game that was played at Fawcett Stadium adjacent to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. The selections were made based on a combination of votes cast by the head coaches of the eight competing teams and the tournament statistics.

Japan head coach Takao Yamazaki was named the All Tournament Team head coach having guided his team to a Bronze Medal and a 2-1 finish and Japan was also honored with the Fair Play Team award.

USA running back David Wilson, who rushed for a combined 425 yards and 8 touchdowns during the course of three games, was named the tournament Most Valuable Player as he helped the United States win the Gold Medal game.

The United States led the way with 14 first team all-tournament selections, followed by Germany with five, Canada with three and Japan with two, including quarterback Yuichiro Arakai, who threw for 686 yards and nine touchdowns and only one interception during the course of three games.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:26 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

BirdBrain wrote:
GOFRANCE :mrgreen:

Ooooh, you are a bad man! :wink:

Forgivew me, but didn't team USA get rocked by Brazil last week? I was on vacation @ Club Med in Port St Lucie Fla: all the frenchies were watching it. Between cocktails I saw USA had actuaaly scored on Brazil, but we lost 3-2. Still, it was a game, though.

Then an interesting thing happened. One of thier 'GO' 's, a young black guy wanted to watch Jamie Foxx do his M Jackson tribute, but all the foreigners were either watching soccer ond the uppity NY types wanted to watch baseball: Mets Vs Yankees, I think. I could clearly see it bugged this guy so ( as a guest ) I went to the bar and made them put it on so we could watch it together. I must say, Foxx always impressed me but even moreso after his opening number. How ironic. As a really cute teen in the early 80's all I wanted to be was Micheal Jackson and all he wanted to be was me! :? Somewhere my older brother has some pics of me in the 'jacket'. It's his insurance policy I never run for office, I guess.

I was introduced to soccer on my honeymoon in 98. My wife was a French teacher, so naturally we went to France. Only our travel agaent neglected to inform us that they were hosting the WC, and thats when they bear Brazil. NOw fellas: I have seen a million parties and been in some: Mardi Gras, Carnival, even Octoberfest, and nothing; NOTHING I have ever seen prepared me for the unmitigated sh*t I saw when they beat Brazil. They even shut down the outgoing trains for half a day. They haven't seen that kind of joy since WW2. :mrgreen: