It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: joe buck show disaster
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:19 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Did anyone else watch this turd of a show, boring and bland. The only redeming value of the show was when Artie Lang asked Buck if suckingcock.com was his favorite website :lol:

Post subject: Re: joe buck show disaster
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:31 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

I watched it, and it was great TV. I'm not a big Buck fan. I find him pretentious and geeky. His wild "cut the Mike" episodes on MLB and the NFL are just plain stupid. Lang went places that Buck didn't imagine he would go, but that is why he was hired to come on. He got the debut show publicity, whether it will save the show from Buck remains to be seen. I did have a link, but it was taken down late today...try it out if you want...link is back up....it is the overtime session. WARNING!!! NOT for EMMITT or children!!!

http://deadspin.com/5292467/watch-artie ... first-show

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:25 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I saw this show. "Hate" is not nearly strong enough of a word for what I feel toward's Joe Buck. I want him to die. I want him to suffer. I want to see it in person.

That show did have two polar moments though...the funniest moment I've ever seen on a talk show, and the worst/most vomit-inducing moment on a talk show.

The funniest: Every second involving Artie Lang. The stuff Lang was saying was funny enough, but the best part was watching Buck as Lang was going off. Buck had no idea how to handle the situation, and completely froze up...it was awesome. If I understand correctly, Lang has been banned from HBO, and that's a shame, because I would tune in every night for a sport's show featuring his uncensored commentary.

The worst: At the end of the show Buck did a monologue segment (I forget what he called it) where he tried in vein to rip-off Dennis Miller's old rant sessions. It was pitiful. If I can punch Joe Buck just once, I will have lived a full life, and can die in peace.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:13 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

one8swayze wrote:
I saw this show. "Hate" is not nearly strong enough of a word for what I feel toward's Joe Buck. I want him to die. I want him to suffer. I want to see it in person.

That show did have two polar moments though...the funniest moment I've ever seen on a talk show, and the worst/most vomit-inducing moment on a talk show.

The funniest: Every second involving Artie Lang. The stuff Lang was saying was funny enough, but the best part was watching Buck as Lang was going off. Buck had no idea how to handle the situation, and completely froze up...it was awesome. If I understand correctly, Lang has been banned from HBO, and that's a shame, because I would tune in every night for a sport's show featuring his uncensored commentary.

The worst: At the end of the show Buck did a monologue segment (I forget what he called it) where he tried in vein to rip-off Dennis Miller's old rant sessions. It was pitiful. If I can punch Joe Buck just once, I will have lived a full life, and can die in peace.

It would be better to punch Miller.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:16 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

backnblack wrote:
one8swayze wrote:

It would be better to punch Miller.

I would like to punch both actually, or maybe mix it up and punch miller and kick buck in the head either way i'd be happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:17 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Buck is way overrated, boring to listen to as well. Not sure how you're "grandfathered" into being a good announcer b/c people liked your dad. Lang tore him a new one, but what did he expect from a shockjock? The weirdest part is that the show supposively comes on quarterly, wtf? Just kill it and be done, by September I'll have real football to watch.