It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:12 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
backnblack wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
backnblack wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:

How do you remember that lattice of coincidence? Must have been late 80s?


I have a 36 year record in my journals. Everything I've read, seen, and eaten. At the top of the skit is the date, 29 sept 1989...so i went to my 1989 journal and looked it up. I wrote that i was pissed off...lol...didn't see the game...listened to it on the AFN radio.

You can't be serious.... :shock: I'm thinking I may have gone to the game. The only thing I recall was that in a radio interview before the game Millen said he liked classical music. Was he subbing for Archer or perhaps even Miller? around that era our QB situation was a mess. scott Campbell started a game. It mattered not who played in the late 80s. We had a back up running back named Keith somebody i recall having to kick off once. I don't care what anyone says, the era when Hanifan was the interim coach has to be about as bad as the franchise ever got. It was almost funny.


I think his name was Keith Jones BNB. Out of Illinois. Miller was hurt...Millen was subbing for him.

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:13 pm 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25552
Location: North Carolina
Thesouphead wrote:
Pudge wrote:
At the request of a poster, I have decided to move all the Vick dominated topics to the Lounge.

Discussion of Vick is welcomed, but since the topics aren't related to the Falcons currently, then we'll adopt the old rule of Vick being "off-topic" from Falcon discussion.



I don't mind the posts being moved, but to say that Vick topics are not related to the Falcons is just silly. The NFL Network, ESPN, Yahoo Sports, Sports Illustrated and about 1,000 other sports outlets would disagree with you. Mr. Blank and Tommy D would also disagree with you. But it's cool...not like it's hard to click on over to the lounge.

soup, you weren't around in 2007 when all this stuff first broke. Vick is technically a Falcon, but his future and his past his no bearing on the Falcons today or going forward.

I don't think Mr. Blank or Mr. Dimitroff would agree with you. Blank has given what 2 or 3 interviews in the past 12 months that had him broaching the topic of Vick. And each time, he summed up his view in 2 or 3 sentences. Dimitroff hasn't probably said Vick's name since mid-February.

The current Falcons brass don't care about Vick, and a growing number of fans are getting that way.

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:14 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 6077
Location: Planet Claire
BirdBrain wrote:
backnblack wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
backnblack wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:

How do you remember that lattice of coincidence? Must have been late 80s?


I have a 36 year record in my journals. Everything I've read, seen, and eaten. At the top of the skit is the date, 29 sept 1989...so i went to my 1989 journal and looked it up. I wrote that i was pissed off...lol...didn't see the game...listened to it on the AFN radio.

You can't be serious.... :shock: I'm thinking I may have gone to the game. The only thing I recall was that in a radio interview before the game Millen said he liked classical music. Was he subbing for Archer or perhaps even Miller? around that era our QB situation was a mess. scott Campbell started a game. It mattered not who played in the late 80s. We had a back up running back named Keith somebody i recall having to kick off once. I don't care what anyone says, the era when Hanifan was the interim coach has to be about as bad as the franchise ever got. It was almost funny.


I think his name was Keith Jones BNB. Out of Illinois. Miller was hurt...Millen was subbing for him.

Very good. I was thinking Keith Miller or something. You have remarkable recall....ever anything useful? :lol: :wink:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:14 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 136
Pudge wrote:
soup, you weren't around in 2007 when all this stuff first broke. Vick is technically a Falcon, but his future and his past his no bearing on the Falcons today or going forward..


I have been around on other boards...I know many of the posters here from multiple forums.

And what you say is untrue...Vick does have a bearing as far the cap and roster go does he not? Also...what if Vick ends up in the NFC South. No bearing?
It's fine to say he will never play as a Falcon again, but suggest that Falcons organization has already cut him and removed all salary cap implications is just false.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:16 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 136
Pudge wrote:

I don't think Mr. Blank or Mr. Dimitroff would agree with you. Blank has given what 2 or 3 interviews in the past 12 months that had him broaching the topic of Vick. And each time, he summed up his view in 2 or 3 sentences. Dimitroff hasn't probably said Vick's name since mid-February.

The current Falcons brass don't care about Vick, and a growing number of fans are getting that way.


TD spoke about Vick right before the draft. ;)


and not caring is not the same as not having to deal with the issue.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:40 pm 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25552
Location: North Carolina
Again, technically Vick is a Falcon. But it is a forgone conclusion that the moment that he is reinstated the Falcons will cut or trade him. And at this current junction it seems like an extreme longshot that the Falcons will be able to trade him due to his contract.

So while yes, the Falcons haven't already cut him. It's inevitable.

And because of the size of the cap room the Falcons have currently (approx. $20 million after they sign all their rookies), the team has already made preparations to absorb the cap ramifications. Arthur Blank in all his soundbites has vehemently stated that Vick's career with the Falcons is over.

It doesn't get anymore lame duck than what Vick is right now. He might as well go to China to watch the Olympics! :P

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:57 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 6077
Location: Planet Claire
Pudge wrote:
Again, technically Vick is a Falcon. But it is a forgone conclusion that the moment that he is reinstated the Falcons will cut or trade him. And at this current junction it seems like an extreme longshot that the Falcons will be able to trade him due to his contract.

So while yes, the Falcons haven't already cut him. It's inevitable.

And because of the size of the cap room the Falcons have currently (approx. $20 million after they sign all their rookies), the team has already made preparations to absorb the cap ramifications. Arthur Blank in all his soundbites has vehemently stated that Vick's career with the Falcons is over.

It doesn't get anymore lame duck than what Vick is right now. He might as well go to China to watch the Olympics! :P

So, he also is not on another team and, therefore, cannot be in the "NFL Huddle" forum. Very Orwellian, Pudgeski!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:52 pm 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25552
Location: North Carolina
thesouphead wrote:
Brady is the better QB....no doubt. but they still produced about the same in that 2006 season.

It's an arbitrary argument. I could show you stats that show Le'Ron McClain being as productive as Michael Turner in certain areas of running the football. But I wouldn't make an argument that McClain is on par with Turner, which implies that I think McClain is just as good a player as Turner.

They did not produce the same. You've taken 3 relatively arbitrary statistics from the 2006 season, in which Brady and Vick compare and make it seem the end all and be all.

Yards and points aren't the only factors, and this is a classic case of someone using stats to mislead an argument. You take some favorable stats from an obviously inferior player, give them a slight boost (by adding rushing yards), and then find an obvious superior player and then try to create a link that suggests they are comparable.

I could use a similar argument by comparing Jim Mora's coaching record in his first 3 years coaching vs. that of Bill Walsh, and then make a statement that Mora was/is a better coach because he has a significantly higher winning % than Walsh.

The facts are that when you look at all of Vick's stats as a passer, he was consistently below average throughout his career. He only gets a "boost" from adding his rushing totals because he was so much better in that area than pretty much every other player that played the game.

But the reality of the situation is like BB has stated in that running the football for a QB has to show that it significantly improves team's chances for winning. And I'm not talking about going 9-7 and 10-6 in the regular season, I'm talking about winning championships. Not to say that going 9-7 or 10-6 is not an accomplishment or not indicative of production. Because it is. But it's not considering a factor in "greatness." Otherwise the legacies of Daunte Culpepper, Randall Cunningham, and Michael Vick would be held in much higher regard than they currently are by football people.

And the crux of the argument and debate seems to stem from Vick's greatness. It's not a question of whether Vick was productive as a Falcon. He certainly was. But there are those that believe that Vick was a great QB that had his ability stifled by his supporting cast and his coaches. This is an argument that I vehemently deny.

And if you don't think Vick was a great QB, then why are you defending him? Why are you coming up with so many excuses which curtailed his success? If you simply belief that Vick was good to very good, then you should be relatively content with his output as this team's QB over his time period. You may believe that Greg Knapp & Co. did not get maximum output from him, but for the most part got most of out of him.

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:38 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:22 am
Posts: 1548
Location: Parts Unknown
Pudge wrote:
thesouphead wrote:
Brady is the better QB....no doubt. but they still produced about the same in that 2006 season.

It's an arbitrary argument. I could show you stats that show Le'Ron McClain being as productive as Michael Turner in certain areas of running the football. But I wouldn't make an argument that McClain is on par with Turner, which implies that I think McClain is just as good a player as Turner.

They did not produce the same. You've taken 3 relatively arbitrary statistics from the 2006 season, in which Brady and Vick compare and make it seem the end all and be all.

Yards and points aren't the only factors, and this is a classic case of someone using stats to mislead an argument. You take some favorable stats from an obviously inferior player, give them a slight boost (by adding rushing yards), and then find an obvious superior player and then try to create a link that suggests they are comparable.

I could use a similar argument by comparing Jim Mora's coaching record in his first 3 years coaching vs. that of Bill Walsh, and then make a statement that Mora was/is a better coach because he has a significantly higher winning % than Walsh.

The facts are that when you look at all of Vick's stats as a passer, he was consistently below average throughout his career. He only gets a "boost" from adding his rushing totals because he was so much better in that area than pretty much every other player that played the game.

But the reality of the situation is like BB has stated in that running the football for a QB has to show that it significantly improves team's chances for winning. And I'm not talking about going 9-7 and 10-6 in the regular season, I'm talking about winning championships. Not to say that going 9-7 or 10-6 is not an accomplishment or not indicative of production. Because it is. But it's not considering a factor in "greatness." Otherwise the legacies of Daunte Culpepper, Randall Cunningham, and Michael Vick would be held in much higher regard than they currently are by football people.

And the crux of the argument and debate seems to stem from Vick's greatness. It's not a question of whether Vick was productive as a Falcon. He certainly was. But there are those that believe that Vick was a great QB that had his ability stifled by his supporting cast and his coaches. This is an argument that I vehemently deny.

And if you don't think Vick was a great QB, then why are you defending him? Why are you coming up with so many excuses which curtailed his success? If you simply belief that Vick was good to very good, then you should be relatively content with his output as this team's QB over his time period. You may believe that Greg Knapp & Co. did not get maximum output from him, but for the most part got most of out of him.

I hear Vick was pretty popular in the Virginia area you lived in, Pudge.

_________________
Image
There's no question about that!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:27 pm 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25552
Location: North Carolina
Yes, he is Birdman. That's why I think if any team is going to sign him without taking a significant negative hit from their fan base, it's the Washington Redskins. Vick is still popular across Virginia, due to his hometown routes in the eastern part of the state, and his college exploits in the western part of the state. And Virginia is predominantly Redskin country (with sizable minority groups of Steelers and Cowboy fans).

But from a football standpoint, the Redskins signing Vick doesn't make a lot of sense. Jim Zorn runs the WCO, an offense that Vick already showed he cannot run. Jason Campbell brings the same attributes to the game that Vick does as well. And to date, few can be as good as slash player as Antwaan Randle-El has shown to be in the past.

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:06 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 136
Pudge wrote:
It's an arbitrary argument. I could show you stats that show Le'Ron McClain being as productive as Michael Turner in certain areas of running the football.



in certain areas....but that is not what I was doing....I was comparing total production, not certain areas. Total yards, total TDs and total turnovers.

in that respect, you could only show that McClain was about 1/2 as productive as Turner.



McCLain: 56.4 yards a game
Turner: 106.2 yards a game
difference = 49.8 yards a game. (almost double)

McClain: 3.8 points per game
Turner: 6.4 points per game
closer to double again


Vick: 219.6 yards a game
Brady: 226.9 yards a game
diff = 7.3 yards

Vick: 8.3 points a game
Brady: 9.0 points a game.



and that is my point...that total production should be factored, not just certain aspects. I am doing the opposite of what you suggested.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:09 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 136
Pudge wrote:
They did not produce the same. You've taken 3 relatively arbitrary statistics from the 2006 season, in which Brady and Vick compare and make it seem the end all and be all.




3 relatively arbitrary statistics????

yards
points
turnovers


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



are u f**** with me man?


Last edited by Thesouphead on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:11 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 136
Pudge wrote:
And if you don't think Vick was a great QB, then why are you defending him? Why are you coming up with so many excuses which curtailed his success? If you simply belief that Vick was good to very good, then you should be relatively content with his output as this team's QB over his time period. You may believe that Greg Knapp & Co. did not get maximum output from him, but for the most part got most of out of him.


Pudge....what excuses did I come up with?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:25 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Vick and Brady may have been close in 2006 production wise, but that didn't translate into points. Which is what football is all about. NE outscored ATL by almost a TD a game (24.1 to 18.3). Vick was nice to see running around between the twenties, but Brady with his outstanding leadership qualities, and football instincts got the ball in the end zone.

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:36 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 136
BirdBrain wrote:
Vick and Brady may have been close in 2006 production wise, but that didn't translate into points. Which is what football is all about. NE outscored ATL by almost a TD a game (24.1 to 18.3). Vick was nice to see running around between the twenties, but Brady with his outstanding leadership qualities, and football instincts got the ball in the end zone.



bingo....now we are moving along here.



exactly...even though Vick and Brady got about the same production and points, we did not make it to the playoffs like the Patriots did.

On offense, where did we lack where they did well?

answer = scoring on the ground.

We no longer had a big back in our system...instead, we relied on a 180 lbs RB to get our rushing TDs. Problem is that 180 lbs RB only averages about 3 or 4 rushing TDs a season....no matter what team he has played for.

2006 Falcons RBs = 1900 yards, 7 TDs
2006 Patriots RBs = 1867 yards, 20 TDs


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:42 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 136
to add to the point...

2006 Redzone Rushes by the team's Feature Backs:

Dunn: 32 rushes, 3 TDs = 9% TD success
C Dillion: 40 rushes, 14 TDs = 35% TD success


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:47 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Willie Parker had 13 TD's in 2006...he is also quite small in stature. The list goes on and on....Smaller RB's have succeeded getting TD's...Dunn had a very nice run against us last year. But you will not accept that Vick's leadership abilities also had an effect on the red zone offense. EVERYONE was to blame.

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:54 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 136
BirdBrain wrote:
Willie Parker had 13 TD's in 2006...he is also quite small in stature. The list goes on and on....Smaller RB's have succeeded getting TD's...Dunn had a very nice run against us last year. But you will not accept that Vick's leadership abilities also had an effect on the red zone offense. EVERYONE was to blame.



Parker weighs about 30 lbs more than Dunn and is bout 2" taller.

and I will accept that Vick could have been better...he probably could have been a lot better if he had put in more effort...but with that said, that doesn't mean he still didn't do well.


by the way, Vick threw 15 TDs in the RedZone in 2006. 47 passes, 15 TDs = 32% TD success rate
Brady threw 23 TDs in the RedZone. 90 passes, 23 TDs = 26% TD success rate



this is fun isn't it?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:59 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Thesouphead wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
Willie Parker had 13 TD's in 2006...he is also quite small in stature. The list goes on and on....Smaller RB's have succeeded getting TD's...Dunn had a very nice run against us last year. But you will not accept that Vick's leadership abilities also had an effect on the red zone offense. EVERYONE was to blame.



Parker weighs about 30 lbs more than Dunn and is bout 2" taller.

and I will accept that Vick could have been better...he probably could have been a lot better if he had put in more effort...but with that said, that doesn't mean he still didn't do well.


by the way, Vick threw 15 TDs in the RedZone in 2006. 47 passes, 15 TDs = 32% TD success rate
Brady threw 23 TDs in the RedZone. 90 passes, 23 TDs = 26% TD success rate



this is fun isn't it?


Brady, who is actually an NFL QB and can throw the ball accurately , also threw the ball better. I know, as I was watching him. It's fun alright, fun watching you make a fool of yourself.

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:04 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 136
BirdBrain wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
Willie Parker had 13 TD's in 2006...he is also quite small in stature. The list goes on and on....Smaller RB's have succeeded getting TD's...Dunn had a very nice run against us last year. But you will not accept that Vick's leadership abilities also had an effect on the red zone offense. EVERYONE was to blame.



Parker weighs about 30 lbs more than Dunn and is bout 2" taller.

and I will accept that Vick could have been better...he probably could have been a lot better if he had put in more effort...but with that said, that doesn't mean he still didn't do well.


by the way, Vick threw 15 TDs in the RedZone in 2006. 47 passes, 15 TDs = 32% TD success rate
Brady threw 23 TDs in the RedZone. 90 passes, 23 TDs = 26% TD success rate



this is fun isn't it?


Brady, who is actually an NFL QB and can throw the ball accurately , also threw the ball better. I know, as I was watching him. It's fun alright, fun watching you make a fool of yourself.




and there ya go...taking the debate back full circle. yes, I know Brady throws much better....But Vick averaged 8.4 yards every time he ran the ball. You understand that?

When Brady passed or ran the ball, he averaged 6.43 yards per play.
When Vick passed or ran the ball, he averaged 6.87 yards per play.


thanks for taking us back full circle though. the next post, I will address the accuracy.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:08 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 136
in 2006, Brady had a 61.8% completion rate.


for Vick to have to match that, he would have needed to complete 240 passes, but he only completed. A difference of 36 completions over the season...or 2 completions a game.

that's what you are telling me here...is that the biggest difference between the two that season was about 2 completions a game.



Even though Vick got about the same production(yards, points, turnovers) as Brady and even though Vick averaged more yards per play, the main reason Brady was so much better than Vick was because he completed 2 more passes per game than Vick did?



and we are moving along nicely. : )


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:09 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Brady 2007 4,806 yards passing 50 TD's
Vick 2007 0 yards passing 0 TD's

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:13 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 136
BirdBrain wrote:
Brady 2007 4,806 yards passing 50 TD's
Vick 2007 0 yards passing 0 TD's





and he dances away from the debate at hand. 2007 stats do not take away the 2006 stats...sorry...it just doesn't work that way. you can't say that Vick didn't play well in 2006 because of his 2007 stats.


Maybe you should post Tom Brady's 2008 stats too? :lol:


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:28 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Brady 2008 78 yards

Vick 2008 0 yards


Brady still 78 times better in passing yards. Stats are fun aren't they???? Just sitting back and quoting the stats doesn't tell the whole story. Vick was the 30th rated QB in the league in 2006. Did you check out the stat site I gave you??? I haven't heard anything from you on that. Here it is again for you. It has been over 5 days since I gave it to you last time. Funny that you chose to ignore the the most comprehensive way of looking at QB performance.




http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2006

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Peter King: 5 Places Vick Might Land
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:32 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 136
BirdBrain wrote:
Brady 2008 78 yards

Vick 2008 0 yards


Brady still 78 times better in passing yards. Stats are fun aren't they???? Just sitting back and quoting the stats doesn't tell the whole story. Vick was the 30th rated QB in the league in 2006. Did you check out the stat site I gave you??? I haven't heard anything from you on that. Here it is again for you. It has been over 5 days since I gave it to you last time. Funny that you chose to ignore the the most comprehensive way of looking at QB performance.




http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2006



cant check it out at work.


who were the top 5?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: