It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Arrested Development
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:03 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Do any of you guys watch this show? If not then you are missing one of the most revolutionizing sitcoms of our time. It consistantly wins awards for its great show and in one upcoming award show (forget which one) the have 3 nominees out of 5 for best episode. unfortunately its ratings are not where Fox wants them. They consistantly get 4.5 million viewers every week, but thats only good enough for them to barely squeak into the top 100.

Well, Fox has decided to can the second half of the current season (3rd). We the people have the power to correct this wrong. We made Fox bring back That 70's Show, Family Guy (twice), along with countless other prematurly cancelled shows on other networks. Remember people, Seinfeld didnt become a cult phenom untill its 4th-5th season. Arrested deserves their shot.

So if you guys are interested check out this site and do what you can. http://saveourbluths.com/

If you notice there is even a section where you can donate money so this place can buy advertisments because Fox practically refuses to advertise it or market it. But I strongly suggest that YOU DON'T give this site money.

That website is old. (After its 2nd season there were rumors of it being cancelled and this fansite popped up, but all the info is still correct)

I am working with some friends and we are going to start a new site alond with some other stuff (online petitions etc).

Please help save a great show from being cancelled because of the Fox execs arent making enough money from it. And if you can buy or rent seasons 1 & 2 on DVD, you'll thank me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:14 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I didn't watch this show in particular, I caught snippets of it before, and friends told me it was great, but I haven't been to gung ho about many TV shows over recent years.

But I've seen this happen a lot with some of the few shows I do follow regularly. The ratings aren't as high as the network wants (whether they are actually low or not) and they cancel it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:30 pm 

I'm not a big fan of the show. But it was one of those "critically acclaimed, no ratings" sort of shows. Most shows that are critically acclaimed get hammered in the ratings department. Especially with the stigma that many people stick with "if the reviewers like it then it has to suck."

I'm a bigtime Scrubs fan and they are in the same boat as Arrested Development. It's a refreshingly new comedy and is getting all sorts of rave reviews. It has a fairly rabid fan base but the fan base is fairly small (and ironically mostly over seas). So NBC shelved the show during the fall season but just announced they were going to air season 5 starting in Janurary. The show has been nominated for all sorts of Emmy's and finally won one.

I think Zach Braff could very well be the geekiest cool guy on the planet.