PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:45 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

LADI AJIBOYE
6-1/297
South Carolina Senior
40: 5.37

PROS:

High motor player that doesn't stop working until the whistle blows. Has a decent first step to get leverage and due to his squat build is able at times get leverage and hold the double team at the point of attack. Has a nice swim move to beat the center when he lines up at the nose. Shows decent power and potential as a bull rusher when attacking the A gap. Uses an effective spin to get off blocks and make stop at the point of attack.

CONS:

Undersized and struggles to get off blocks at times. Doesn't quite get extension when he is trying to get leverage. Can get pushed off the ball and needs to leanr how to use his hands to disengage. Is not going to be a sack artist, as he cannot consistently get pressure and make the play when he does get upfield.

OVERVIEW:

Ajiboye is limited because he doesn't have ideal size or strength, but he's a high motor player that is going to outwork everybody else and find a role at the next level. His limitations mean that he'll probably only be a rotational guy, but with improvements in terms of his technique, he can be effective in that role. A four-year starter that combined for 147 tackles, 14 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks. He was suspended the first 3 games of junior year due to an off-season arrest for marijuana possession. Name is pronounced: LA-dee AW-ji-boy. He hails from Riverdale, GA.

NFL FORECAST:

Ajiboye is a guy that doesn't wow you, and he definitely needs polish. But has a high motor that often makes up for it. He's a disruptive guy, but not a true playmaker so it's going to be harder for him to stick in the pros because of that. But in a 4-3 scheme that emphasizes being as disruptive as possible, he can find a home eventually. I think it's going to take him a few years before he can stick as he develops and improves his technique, but I think he has the ability to fill as a nose tackle in a 4-3 scheme that isn't going to emphasize the biggest guys like say in Indianapolis or Atlanta. Ultimately, I think Ajiboye has a high enough motor and can develop enough of a skillset as a disruptive guy that he can become a competent No. 3 rotational guy off the bench. But ideally, he's the type of guy you want as the No. 4 guy. That's a guy that can give you 20-25 snaps a game, play hard, help the run, and allow you to keep your impact players fresh for passing situations. I think ultimately he winds up having an NFL career comparable to someone like Craig Terrill.

ATL FORECAST:

Like I mentioned before, I think Ajiboye can work here in Atlanta. He's not a guy that is going to find an immediate role in the rotation, but he can eventually develop and push Walker for the No. 4 role. If he can improve his technique, learning how to better get leverage and get off blocks at the point of attack, he can be a good run defender and rotational guy up front. He probably won't be a better player than Walker, especially in terms of his ability to make impact plays. But you like having him on the roster because the more talented players ahead of him on the depth chart will have to keep looking over their shoulders because of him. Ultimately, he's a nice developmental depth piece for the Falcons that they can probably stash on the practice squad for a year or two and hope he can stick down the road.

VALUE:

Ajiboye I think merits a seventh round pick if he goes to a team looking for a fourth defensive tackle to develop with their depth. But because he's not a great fit to stick right away, you'd feel more comfortable signing him as an undrafted free agent.

SKILLS
1-poor, 2-weak, 3-above average, 4-very good, 5-elite

Strength: 3.0
Point Of Attack: 3.0
Quickness: 3.0
Pass Rush: 2.0
Motor: 4.5

Profile E-mail