All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Solomon Elimimian, OLB, Hawaii
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:41 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Solomon Elimimian
5-10/225 Hawaii
4.75 Senior

Pros: He is a tough, aggressive linebacker that has good speed and closing burst. Does a good job in pursuit with nice range. Is a good tackler that plays bigger than his size. Does a nice job shedding blocks. Can blitz up the middle.

Cons: Is undersized and at times gets engulfed by blockers and run over at the point of attack. Gets caught in traffic too much. Doesn't have great instincts and doesn't quickly diagnose screens and bootlegs. Needs to improve in coverage and doesn't get good drops in zone. Can be overaggressive at times.

Overview: He's an undersized MLB, but is a leader on Hawaii's defense. He's probably destined to move outside at the next level. He was a four-year starter at Hawaii. His older brother, Abraham, played corner at Hawaii a few years back. He was born in Nigeria.

NFL Forecast: Because of his lack of size and physical style of play, Elimimian reminds me of Chris Draft. He'll need to improve in coverage to really improve his chances of sticking, since despite his speed and burst is not as good as you like there. But he has the athletic potential to improve there. He's not the smartest or instinctual player, but he plays fast which could endear him to coaches. At the least, I expect him to be a capable special teams player. Elimimian may not get many opportunities to start, but if you develop I could see him becoming that down the road much like Draft did. If you have a good line that can keep blockers off him, he can be a nice MIKE linebacker, but probably a better fit as a WILL if he can improve in coverage.

ATL Forecast: Elimimian can add depth for the Falcons potentially at either MLB or WLB, although I'd start him out as a WLB. I'm not sure he would make the roster, but he could definitely land a practice squad role with the chance to make the team next summer if he sits a year and gets stronger. And if he can do that, you never know, a few years down the line he might develop into a decent starter on the outside.

Profile E-mail