All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lee Robinson, OLB, Alcorn State
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:33 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Lee Robinson
6-2/247 Alcorn State
4.78 Senior

Pros: Has good speed, burst and closing speed. He has good pop as a tackler has nice strength. Smooth athlete that works well in pursuit and comfortable in space. Does a good job attacking upfield and shows potential as a pass rusher.

Cons: Can get caught out of position and needs to show better recognition and awareness. Will miss some stops in the open field. Needs to get stronger in the upper body.

Overview: Robinson is a dominant player on the FCS level and projects well as a versatile option in the pros. He was a four-year starter that totaled 44 tackles for loss and 17.5 sacks in his career. I have little concern about his ability to transition from the FCS to the much tougher NFL level.

NFL Forecast: Robinson could work inside or outside in the 3-4 scheme, as well as the 4-3 scheme. He probably doesn't have the ideal instincts to work in the middle, as he's much better a pursuit player. If you sit him for a year in the 3-4, you probably could start him the following year. He probably isn't as dominant a potential pass rusher on the outside as most guys, but could be a nice 6-8 sack guy there. He's more of a linebacker that can rush the passer, rather than a pass rusher that can play linebacker which is commonly the type of guys that play outside in the 3-4. I also think he could be a nice inside guy in the 3-4, but probably wouldn't be as much a playmaker there as he could be on the outside. He can also work in the 4-3 as well. He's really a WILL in a SAM backer's body, but he can also potentially play the MIKE. Again, if you sit him for a year, let him add some strength, I think he'll be a solid starter for you. He should be an impact player regardless of what scheme he plays in, although he's probably destined to play on the strongside in either scheme.

ATL Forecast: Robinson has good upside to develop for the team on the strongside. He could play either outside spot, but you'd probably want him playing him the SAM spot. More than likely, he'll play behind Nicholas for a year or two, and then when he's ready to start, the team can move Nicholas to the opposite side. He has good pass rush potential and playmaking instincts and should be a solid player. May not be as productive in the Falcons as he could be for a 3-4 team, but the type of guy that can give you 70+ tackles a year and 3-5 sacks.

Value: Robinson is a solid early Day 2 pick because of his potential. I'd take him in the third round if I was a 3-4 team, and probably wait to the early part of Round 4 if I was a 4-3 team.

Profile E-mail