Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Rashaad Jackson, DT, Clemson

Postby Pudge » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Rashaad Jackson
6-2/298 Clemson
5.25 Senior

Pros: Has a decent first step with a nice motor. Has good strength and potential to hold the point of attack.

Cons: Not going to give you much as a pass rusher and doesn't get off blocks well.

Overview: Jackson plays mostly the 3-technique, but he'd probably be a better fit at the nose. Tore a tendon in his quad in August, causing him to miss most of the year. Only played in 6 games, but finished year with 2 sacks and 4 tackles for loss.

NFL Forecast: Jackson can provide some depth for a 4-3 team with his potential to play either tackle spots. He won't be great, but has the potential to be a decent No. 3 tackle eventually. For now, he's a guy that you can give 15 or so snaps per game and can help you out in your rotation, but won't be anything great. I don't see him ever starting, but could be a nice journeyman backup for a number of years.

ATL Forecast: Jackson would help bolster the Falcons rotation, but would be hard-pressed to make the roster if players like Lewis and Moorehead are healthy. He's a similar caliber player to Jason Jefferson, but at best would be the Falcons fourth tackle. But with a healthy Lewis, that possibility is not as high. He could push for time and land a practice squad spot, but I doubt he would contribute much even if he did make the Falcons roster.

Value: Jackson might be worth a seventh round pick for some team, but I'd try to snag him in free agency.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Return to “Defensive Tackles”