Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Terrance Knighton, DT, Temple

Postby Pudge » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:48 pm

Terrance Knighton
6-3/317 Temple
4.93 Senior

Pros: Has good quickness and motor. Will chase down ballcarriers and
shows some closing burst on the quarterback. Has decent strength.

Cons: Not great at the point of attack. Is only an average bull rusher.
Not a

Overview: He really doesn't excel anywhere, but is an effective pass rusher and run stopper from the 3-technique. He's bulked up since the season ended, since he was listed at around 295 pounds, so it seems he could try his hand as a nose tackle in either the 3-4 or 4-3. A three-year starter that blocked four kicks during his career.

NFL Forecast: I think he's a better pass rusher than run stopper, but not great at it. The added bulk should help him vs. the run, but I don't think he'll ever be good enough there to be a starter. He's really just a rotation player that I think can help a team with its depth. Has the potential to play either 1 or 3-technique. I think he'd work best in a 4-3 scheme, but with the added bulk might be a decent backup nose tackle in the 3-4 now. But you pick him up to bolster depth, not really to develop as a starter.

ATL Forecast: He's another player that could bolster the Falcons depth and rotation, but is not likely to develop into a long-term starter. At best, within a few years he could be a nice No. 3 tackle that can play either tackle spot, but lacks a starter's upside. Probably would just be the fourth tackle in the rotation here, not much higher.

Value: Knighton might be good enough to sneak into the seventh round for a team looking to bolster depth.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Return to “Defensive Tackles”