Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Pat Kuntz, DT/DE, Notre Dame

Postby Pudge » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:47 pm

Pat Kuntz
6-2/285 Notre Dame
5.05 Senior

Pros: Has good upper body strength and uses power well as a bull rusher. Uses his strength well to get leverage vs. the run. Has good motor.

Cons: Lacks quickness and not a factor as a pass rusher. Lacks many pass rush moves and relies on power and bull rush to beat blocker.

Overview: He's an effort pass rusher that has good strength. fits best as a end in the 3-4, but could also be a decent rotation player in the 4-3 if he got stronger and bigger. Has experience playing end and both tackle positions.

NFL Forecast: He should be a nice rotation player in a 3-4 scheme. He'll be the type of defender that uses his strength well to occupy blockers, but won't be much of a playmaker. His future is a run stopper. Reminds me of a player like Travis Kirschke, who is a capable reserve for the Steelers at end, after beginning his career as a tackle with the Lions. Could play in either scheme, but I don't think it's going to take as much effort to make him a serviceable reserve in the 3-4 as it would in the 4-3. He'll need to get bigger and stronger and even then, he'll only be a two- down player. He should make a roster, but not going to do much more than being a fourth tackle or end.

ATL Forecast: Kuntz could work in Atlanta, but lacks ideal upside. He'll bolster depth and give the team a nice run stopper off the bench. But it'll probably take him a year or two to get big enough where he's reliable as an interior player. He'd help the rotation, but wouldn't be an impact player.

Value: A 3-4 team wouldn't be crazy to take him late in the seventh, but I'd rather sign him as a free agent.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Return to “Defensive Tackles”