All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Everette Pedescleaux, DT/DE, Northern Iowa
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:45 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Everette Pedescleaux
6-5/305 Northern Iowa
4.97 Senior

Pros: Has a nice first step and does a nice job shooting gaps. Has a nice motor and can make plays in pursuit. Has a good swim move and is a decent bull rusher. Has a tall frame which allows him to put on more muscle.

Cons: Doesn't use his pass rush moves as consistently as he should. Doesn't get off blocks and plays a bit high at the point of attack. Doesn't break down well once he gets penetration and can't make stops in the backfield.

Overview: He has an NFL body, but he's still raw. He plays predominantly in the 1-technique, but has the look of a 3 or 5-technique player. Plays best in the 1 technique, but not big enough to stick there in the pros. Transferred from Minnesota. Was a star basketball player in high school, being a runner-up for "Mr. Basketball" in Minnesota averaging 20.1 points and 9.4 rebounds per game as a senior.

NFL Forecast: If he bulks up, he could make a nice nose tackle in a 4-3 scheme. But I think his best chance and best fit may be as a 3-4 defensive end. He's a project wherever you play him. He's intriguing because of his frame and potential, but some team is really going to have to work him. The type of guy that could be out of the league inside 3 years or excelling somewhere. I really like his upside in the 3-4 scheme at end. Won't be a great pass rusher, but should be a guy that consistently gets 2-4 sacks per year and is a capable run stopper. I think of him as a poor man's Chris Canty.

ATL Forecast: Pedescleaux is a project in Atlanta. Probably too much to merit him making the roster. He plays the nose, but he needs some work to stick there in the pros. He could help the Falcons rotation, but I don't see him being successful here in Atlanta.

Value: For a 3-4 team, his upside is enough to make him a sixth or seventh round pick. But too raw to draft for a 4-3 team.

Profile E-mail