All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brandon Pearce, OT, Memphis
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:08 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Brandon Pearce
6-6/310 Memphis
5.31 Senior

Pros: Shows nice footwork and technique. Has good potential as a drive blocker and does a good job blocking downhill. Does a nice job initiating contact and does a good job locking onto defender as a run blocker. Is capable blocking on the second level and shows quickness off the snap.

Cons: Will have issues with speed rushers. Needs to improve his hand use in pass protection. Needs to add strength.

Overview: Pearce has potential at the next level and was a four-year starter at right tackle for Memphis.

NFL Forecast: I think Pearce should be a nice right tackle with starting potential down the road. He'll need to polish up his footwork and skills in pass protection, but has potential to develop as a run blocker. At the very least, he should be a solid reserve. He won't be a dominant right tackle, but should be a solid and steady for a team. He'll work well in a zone blocking scheme. Might even have the potential to be a decent swing tackle, although I don't think he's as athletic as I'd want for a future left tackle prospect.

ATL Forecast: Pearce doesn't have huge upside, but could be a potential upgrade over Clabo on the right side, although more than likely he could give you much of the same things, just perhaps more consistently. He needs to get stronger, and probably could spend a year or two on the bench working on that. While he could potentially be developed into a serviceable left tackle, he wouldn't be my option working as a reserve behind Baker this year since he has limited experience at left tackle. But he could be developed there. But in the long run, he'd be a guy that would be groomed to challenge for the right tackle spot in two or three years.

Value: Pearce is a solid latter round pick that I could take as high as the sixth round.

Profile E-mail