All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dallas Reynolds, OC/OG, Brigham Young
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:07 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Dallas Reynolds
6-4/309 BYU
5.28 Senior

Pros: Has good size and strength to help push the pile. Does a nice job initiating contact and delivers a nice hand punch. Blocks well on the second level and a capable cut blocker. Has a nice mean streak and finishes his blocks.

Cons: Is not that quick into his stance. Can be high at times on his shotgun snaps.

Overview: Reynolds has more size than most center prospects. He spent most of his career at left and right tackle before moving to center permanently as a senior.

NFL Forecast: Reynolds has the size you like as a center prospect and could really potentially be a good run blocker that can push the pile. But I'm not sure he has the polish to really stick at center at the next level. He'll probably be a better guard. But at the least he could provide capable depth at multiple positions and could be a similar player as Cooper Carlisle, who had a successful career in Denver as a backup and utility player.

ATL Forecast: Reynolds offers good size and potential as a run blocker in the middle. But I'm not sure he could stick there permanently. I think Reynolds more likely would be a backup player that can fill all three spots for the Falcons rather than a candidate to start. But he'd give a shot and at the least could compete and push someone else for that job.

Value: Reynolds is a solid late round prospect that has some upside because of his size, but is probably best being taken in the seventh round.

Profile E-mail