Jeremy Childs, WR, Boise State

Scouting Reports of wide receivers in the 2009 NFL draft.
Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Jeremy Childs, WR, Boise State

Postby Pudge » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 am

Jeremy Childs
6-0/196 Boise State
4.47 Junior

Pros: A good receiver with solid hands. He has deceptive deep speed with nice burst. Has good body control and lays out for passes. Does a nice job on screens. Shows he's a tougher runner than size would indicate after the catch. Shows some willingness to block.

Cons: Undersized and not that physical. Will struggle beating the jam. Body catches too often. Doesn't do great things after the catch despite speed and quickness.

Overview: Childs projects well as a slot receiver at the next level. He'll be a guy that moves the chains rather than a playmaker. Very productive at Boise State. Was suspended for his spring semester in 2008 for violating team rules. Decided to go pro in order to support his 4-year old daughter.

NFL Forecast: He'll need to improve his skills, but he's a natural receiver that in the right offense could be very productive. Doesn't have big play potential because of his lacking size and less than ideal speed. I think he'd work very well as the third option in an offense that uses a lot of three-wideout sets. Working the slot and working the middle of the field. The type of player that will produce 30-40 catches per year. I think he'd work best in an offense like Indianapolis, Arizona, or Cincinnati. Again, wont' be a go-to option, but the type of guy that can move the chains.

ATL Forecast: Childs could push Douglas for the top slot position. I don't think he'd win, but he could give him a run for his money. He could work nicely as a fourth receiver in the Falcons lineup, although it remains to be seen if he can contribute much on special teams. If he can, then he'll be a solid backup receiver.

Value: Childs is a late fifth/early sixth round pick.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Return to “Wide Receivers”