All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Manuel Johnson, WR, Oklahoma
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:32 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Manuel Johnson
5-11/189 Oklahoma
4.50 Senior

Pros: Has nice hands with good quickness and speed. Shows ability as a vertical threat and tracks the deep ball well in the air. Is a willing blocker.

Cons: Drops too many passes and needs to improve concentration. Doesn't provide you much besides stretching the field. Struggles when he's asked to work in traffic. Doesn't secure ball after the catch before turning upfield. Is just a so-so blocker.

Overview: He works predominantly as a vertical option in Oklahoma's offense. Basically a guy that can hurt you if you start to key too much on the Sooner's other (and better) options. Missed a game this past year with a dislocated elbow.

NFL Forecast: I don't see him sticking in the NFL, unless a team really likes his vertical skills and/or his potential on special teams. Right now, unless it's the Oakland Raiders who love his type of receiver, I don't see him having much impact. He could bounce around for a few years, make a few practice squads, but lacks upside. He's too one-dimensional a player and doesn't really excel in that single dimension.

ATL Forecast: Won't make the Falcons roster unless he proves he's a good special teams player. Might work as a gunner on punt coverage, but that is really all the value he has in Atlanta. Just not going to be a multi-dimensional player that it takes to stick in the league.

Value: I wouldn't take Johnson in the draft, but he's worth giving a shot in camp.

Profile E-mail