All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brennan Marion, WR, Tulsa
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:31 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Brennan Marion
5-11/187 Tulsa
4.55 Senior

Pros: Has good speed with nice, soft hands. Does a good job running after the catch due to his speed and burst. Does a nice job adjusting to the ball in the air. Shows willingness to block downfield.

Cons: Doesn't always secure the ball after the catch. Lacks ideal size and strength. Just an average blocker at best.

Overview: Has potential to develop as a slot receiver, and the type of player that I think could be a better pro player than college player. Seemed underutilized when I saw Tulsa play. Averaged 28.7 yards per catch and scored 19 touchdowns in 2 seasons at Tulsa. A former JUCO transfer.

NFL Forecast: Marion is a good prospect for the pros. He'll need to impact early on special teams. While he has talent worth developing as a receiver, he's not so good that you need to get him on the field right away. I see him developing as a nice No. 3 or 4 receiver that can catch 30-40 passes a year in the right offense. He flashes potential, but needs to be more consistent and disciplined before I expect anything significant out of him. Has playmaking ability.

ATL Forecast: He could push Douglas in the slot. I don't think he's better than Douglas, but would provide nice depth in Atlanta, particularly if he can prove he can impact on special teams. Has nice ability. Probably not going to be a star, but would be a nice fourth option in the Falcons offense that could catch 20-30 passes here.

Value: A nice late round pick that wouldn't be a reach in the fifth round, but probably best fit in the sixth.

Profile E-mail