All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Darius Passmore, WR, Marshall
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:29 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Darius Passmore
6-1/189 Marshall
4.46 Senior

Pros: Has good speed and can stretch the defense. Can be a dangerous runner after the catch when he's in space. Has potential to develop as a return man.

Cons: Dances too much before turning upfield. Limited as a blocker and limited experience working on returns. Brings little else to the table besides speed.

Overview: He's unpolished and has speed worth developing, but probably only on special teams. But never returned a kick or punt during his stint at Marshall. A former JUCO transfer.

NFL Forecast: I'd try Passmore as a kickoff and/or punt returner. But other than that, I don't see him having a bright future in the pros. He could work in theslot for an offense that likes to stretch the field. But I don't see him being great there. He could develop if he really works at it. But he seems more a speed guy than a natural receiver, so I don't like his future prospects. A guy that might be a nice fourth or fifth option for a team if he can prove he's a capable return threat.

ATL Forecast: Passmore could challenge for the return duties, and if he does manage to win them could help the offense indirectly by allowing Norwood and Douglas more reps there. But besides that, he doesn't offer much value to the Falcons. Only would be a fifth option in the passing game that will be lucky to have more than 15 grabs in a season.

Value: His return potential might be good enough to get him drafted in the seventh, but I'd probably try and wait and snatch him up as an undrafted free agent.

Profile E-mail