It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Top 25 players according to NFL Insider
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:03 am 
1 Matt Leinart, 6-5, 220, USC; Hopes to duplicate last season Heisman season with another national title.

2 *Reggie Bush, RB, 5-11, 200, USC; Electrifying running back has outstanding natural skills and big play ability.

3 * Vince Young, QB, 6-4, 220, Texas; Huge athletic junior has been a difference maker in most games.

4 * Ahmad Brooks, LB, 6-4, 245, Virginia; Fast athletic linebacker is back on field after minor injury and hopes to tap his outstanding potential.

5 Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, 6-8, 255, Boston College; Big athletic pass rusher is slowed by knee injury but shows impact ability.

6 D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, 6-6, 300, Virginia; Big agile left tackle has the package to be a premier pro but must prove durable at the next level.

7 Jimmy Williams, CB, 6-2, 200, Virginia Tech; Athletically gifted defender has all the skills to develop into a shutdown pro corner.

8 Eric Winston, OT, 6-7, 305, Miami; Massive left tackle has made a nice recovery from a knee injury and is ranked among the top prospects.

9 * Mario Williams, DE, 6-7, 285, North Carolina State; Excellent two way defensive end is one of the nation’s best prospects.

10 A.J. Hawk, LB, 6-2, 235, Ohio State; Instinctive senior defender has a great nose for the ball and is well developed in all aspects of play.

11 Marcus McNeill, 6-8, 310, Auburn; Huge left tackle has developed very well protecting the passer’s blindside in recent seasons.

12 Chad Greenway, LB, 6-2, 245, Iowa; Savvy tough backer is ready to start in the NFL now.

13 * Michael Bush, RB, 6-1, 250, Louisville; Reggie Bush is not the only blue chip junior runner named Bush with outstanding natural running skills.

14 * Ray Edwards, DE, 6-6, 270, Purdue; Physical junior defensive end will be a fine NFL lineman.

15 * LenDale White, RB, 6-1, 235, USC; Big powerful runner has made his own mark with the Trojans.

16 Rodrique Wright, RB, 6-5, 320, Texas; Strong athletic tackle can be as good as he wants to become.

17 * Laurence Maroney, RB, 5-11, 210, Minnesota; Quick athletic back has outstanding natural running skills.

18 Mercedes Lewis, TE, 6-6, 255, UCLA; Big, athletic senior has the package to be a top NFL playmaker.

19 DeAngelo Williams, RB, 5-11, 215, Memphis; Tough, well-rounded runner has the package to be a fine NFL feature back.

20 Bobby Carpenter, LB, 6-3, 245, Ohio State; Tough, steady veteran defender is a force in the Buckeyes' highly-rated defense.

21 Jason Allen, CB, 6-1, 200, Tennessee; Savvy, senior cover man was having a big senior season until hip injury finished his career with Vols.

22 * Haloti Ngata, DT, 6-5, 340, Oregon; Huge, athletic tackle is a force from the inside who commands special attention.

23 * Santonio Holmes, WR, 5-11, 185, Ohio State; Fast, agile receiver has been a big play performer despite mediocre QBing by the Buckeyes.

24 Jesse Mahelona, DT, 6-1, 300, Tennessee; Quick, athletic tackle has the tools to be impact defender in the right scheme.

25 Jonathan Scott, OT, 6-7, 305, Texas; Massive senior tackle has the talent to follow recent Texas offensive linemen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:09 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

If Texas manages to go to the National Championship game this year, it's both unfortunate and potentially fortunate for Vince Young, since that game will probably determine his draft status.

Carson Palmer did it to Brad Banks. Palmer emerged from that matchup vs. Iowa confirming his status as the #1 pick. Banks went undrafted and was seen as too much athlete rather than QB.

I don't expect Young's status to slip that much. But if he is embarassed in a similar manner like Banks was, he probably won't come out and will have to spend an entire season to rebuild his confidence and draft status. Or else he could go the way of Quincy Carter and Banks.

Of course, I'm assuming Matt Leinart and USC are going to be in that game. Let's go Trojans!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:35 pm 
Starter
Starter

Wow no Jay Cutler? I am offically on this kids bandwagon after watching him almost upset my Gators last Sat. I scoffed at the begining of the the game when the CBS anoucers compared him the Brett Farve but after the game I do think that for once the CBS anoucers were right. This guy throws the ball with some absolute heat. He is big (6-4 228lbs) and is very athletic (has almost 1500 career rushing yards) and on top of that he makes everyone better around him. Honestly whoever gets this kid will get the steal of the draft. If he went anywhere other than Vandy he would be right next to Lienart and Young. Another noticible exclusion is Darrell Hackney, this guy looks like a Bryon Leftwitch clone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:20 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I don't think anyone can argue with those top 3 prospects, although I think Bush should be #1. A.J. Hawk seems low. Where is the source of this list?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:43 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Should I tell him? :D