It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Barnes moving up draft boards
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:11 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I wouldn't be surprised at all if there is talk of Khalif Barnes, the guy I want us to nab in Round 3, might sneak into the late first round. Really the OT class is pretty solid from most indications, it's just not a lot of quality 1st round talents. Only Alex Barron and Jammal Brown look like sure-fire first rounders.

If that is the case and Barnes does go in late round 1 (assuming not to us), then who is the next possible pick? Syracuse's Adam Terry? Or do we go with a later round sleeper like Dan Connolly (SE Mizzou St) or Joe Berger (Michigan Tech)?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Interesting question you pose
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:31 pm 

Interesting question Pudge about Barnes.I also think he is moving up the draft boards and won't be there in the second.I looked at NFL Draftscout and they compare Barnes to Walter jones of Seattle rank him 3rd among tackles.They compare Matt Roth to Mike Strahan now I know comparisons aren't always accurate but I guess you have to ask is Barnes this good? Are there other prospects you could draft while not as good as Barnes could be drafted later.Do you build defense or offense?Terry I don't think will last to the end of the second either which puts the Falcon's in a spot.I would take defense over offense despite Vick getting banged up so does roth have a higher ceiling than Barnes or Jammal Brown who is compared to Jon Jansen?

As we see in the playoffs defense wins games example colts vs patriots.The other tackles you mentioned I could not find any info on them other than 7th round picks or free agents.

Alot will depend what the falcon's do in free agency to where they go in draft.I think Ryan Diem is an option .Either way a left tackle is needed since vick rolls out that way more than the right side.

Profile E-mail