It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How about Thomas Brown from UGA?!?!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:39 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I was watching the UGA v. TEN game and noticed how well Brown moves and packs a lot of power into such a small body. I see Dunn reincarnate in this kid. Not very big but has legs like tree trunks and is one of the strongest guys on the team. I'd love to see him on this team after next year should he come out as a junior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:51 pm 
Starter
Starter

I would take Maurice Drew over him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:51 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Quote:
I would take Maurice Drew over him.

Ok, why do you like Drew? I haven't seen his name out there yet, so you'll have to explain who he is and why you like him so that the rest of us understand why you're saying that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:06 pm 
Starter
Starter

I had a post about him on here but I will restate it here. Drew is the UCLA RB (#21) who might be a reincarnation of Warrick Dunn. He is (maybe) 5"8 but still weighs close to 200lbs. He really is comparable to Dunn in just about all of his abilities, both are about the same in speed, quickness, explosiveness, ect. Also Drew is not scared of going up the middle, like Dunn. He has been prone to loose focus at times and have a big fumble but when he is on he is scary as hell. I believe last year he had a 250+yrd game with 5 or 6 TDs on somewhere around 20 to 25 carries. He also is an explosive return man and can catch some out of the backfield.

Couple of corrections: Actually in 373 attempts he has never lost a fumble and is scoring almost 1 out of every 10 times he carries the ball this year. Oh and I had the stats wrong on that game, offically on September 18, 2004 he carried the ball 26 times for 322 (yes that is a 3 as in three) yards and five tds against Wasington. Also in his career he has had 46 catches for 576 yards and 5 tds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:51 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Cool! Sounds like one to put on the wish list! I wonder how the competition compares out there versus the SEC. I watch a little bit of the PAC-10 and other conferences out west, but I don't have a good feel for how good their defenses are. Also, do you know if Drew is running behind a zone scheme? That might make him that much more interesting to McKay and the gang.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:01 pm 
Starter
Starter

You would have to think Drew would fit this system perfectly. Unlike Dunn, Drew likes running off-tackle more than up the middle and that could really open up the running lanes for him. Dunn can only make one cut [to the outside] when he runs up the middle and Drew's bread and butter is in the tackle/guard and tackle/TE gaps which gives him two cuts [outside or inside]. Also this guy has a knack for the big play, in that Washington game 2 of the 5 td's were from 50+ (58 and 62 yards) and then had one from 47yrds out and another from 37yrds. He has good vision and (from what I have seen of him) likes to make cuts. Really if he comes out early this year he could be any where from 2nd to 5th rd and if he is there any time past the 3rd round we should jump all over him. That would mean he would come pretty cheap and we would be able to just let Dunn's deal run out and let him get used to the system for a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:09 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Thomas Brown has been overshadowed by Ware in the truly big games. I wouldn't take any of the current UGA backs to be honest. In fact, I would rather us give Duckett the shot he truly deserves & just sign a 3rd down back or pick a speed back in the 6th or 7th round. Our defense is what needs all the help.