It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A few observations on Mcckay's drafts
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:58 am 
By reviewing a couple of things I saw in the Bucs drafts in past history a few thing stood out that may tell which way the falcon;s draft in the first and other picks.

1. Alot of the drafts the Bucs used there first pick as a linemen (4 def and 1 off lineman) since 1994 mckay took over.
2.Martin Gramatica was a 3rd round pick, that tells me the kicking game is important and with feely perhaps the falcon's may look at a mike nugent
3.Last years draft was unusual in the fact the falcon's took deangelo hall in tampa there were no 1st round picks in the first.
4.The Bucs took a few receviers in the 1st but since Mike jenkins was taken last year I don't see the falcons going there again

I believe a linemen is the way the falcon's go based on the history of mckay and this is an obvious need.It will be interesting to see if the falcon's follow the gibbs theory of drafting middle to lower round picks or break tradition and go with a tackle.Of course it all depends what we do in free agency around the corner.The father the falcon's go in playoffs maybe they can lure some quaity linemen to the falcon's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:37 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

I'd love to see us build a line worth talking about. I think we have some nice pieces in place but definitely need a tackle, guard and center...