It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rank the players on who you would want at 10 pick !
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:52 am 

Ok guys I am interested to see your rankings of the prospects if the following players fell to pick 10? Rank from best to last,of course all these guys are good to top level players but let me mention lets say all these guys fell to 10 who would you pick might be better worded.

The prospects who may fall to ten:
Adrian Peterson,Jamaal Anderson,Gaines Adams,Laron Landry,Reg Nelson,Alan Branch,Leon Hall,Dwayne Jarrett,Justin Blalock

If all these prospects were available(for arguments sake) how would you rank them on who the best fit would be for the Falcon's?

1.Gaines Adams
2.Adrian Peterson
3.Alan Branch
4.Jamaal Anderson
5.Leon Hall
6.Reggie Nelson
7.Laron Landry
8.Justin Blalock
9.Dwayne Jarrett

A pass rusher can upgrade a defense faster than a def back that is wh I chose Adams. Peterson I feel could be a workhorse and in a similar mold to Ladanian Tomlinson.Branch would be like a richard seymour you just don't pass on a big guy that is athletic.Anderson is another pass rusher hard to find. Good corners are hard also so if a def end isn't there then a corner would be welcomed to replace toast Webster. Nelson I picked over landry since nelson will be similar to Ed Reed a ballhawk that can break up alot of plays.Landry is a better hitter but doesn't cover as much ground and Blalock is a mountain of a man could play left guard for 10 years.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:13 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

If I'm ranking them, it goes:

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Gaines Adams
3. Leon Hall
4. Alan Branch
5. Jamaal Anderson
6. LaRon Landry
7. Reggie Nelson
8. Justin Blalock
9. Dwayne Jarrett

Although I'd drop Jarrett completely off my list. Same with Blalock. Both are good players, but picking either at No. 10 is a major reach. Jarrett is a great talent, but reminds me too much of Plaxico Burress. He seemingly lacks drive, a complaint i had about Michael Jenkins when he came out. Blalock is a good player from everything I've seen, but I don't see him as a star OT. IMO, he's a late round pick, that could help solidify our line, but IMO he'll wind up being only an above average starting OT in the NFL, similar to Todd Weiner on his good days.

From what I've seen of Branch, I like him. BUt he could go the route of Ngata or Jimmy Kennedy. His size concerns me and when you start drafting players over 320 pounds, work ethic and playing shape have to become concerns. Branch is listed at 6-6/330 right now, so he's built more like John Henderson than those others. But Gabe Watson, another UM DT is still pretty fresh on my mind.

Anderson, I like his size and athleticism. I haven't seen him play so I really don't have much to say on him. I'm just always a little concerned about DEs that have all the great numbers on paper, because more often than not they don't wind up becoming good NFL players. I usually prefer the guys that are too short or too light because it usually means they've worked a little harder to get where they are currently at, as opposed to the 6-6/280 pound guy who probably has simply gotten by on just being a better athlete than everybody else.

Landry and Nelson are basically interchangable. Landry is a bit tougher against the run, while Nelson is the superior in coverage. But both would be good picks.

I like Peterson, because IMO the best thing for Petrino to do is to add a RB that alone can be a force. IMO, Peterson (if he's healthy) can be that sort of LT to Vick. A guy that will take the pressure off Vick to perform.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: I can buy that!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:15 am 

I could accept Peterson being the Falcon's pick .He would certainly give the Falcon's the back that can wear defenses down and at any time break it which they don't have in norwood since I think he is to fragile to handle 20 times a game. Adams the def end I hope drops ,Hall would sure be alot better than webster,Branch now that I think about it it's possible branch gets lazy just depends on how much he wants it.Anderson I have high hopes for although Arkansas isn't known for alot of def standouts and stats can be misleading but also consider 1st team on the SEC conference says a little about him.Nelson or Landry wouldn't mind having either one could really help.

Will be interesting if any of these players I mentioned will move up and down the draft. I here ya on Blalock but some scouts think by moving to guard he could be a pro bowler for years.Jarrett has more speed than mike williams and if his heart matches his talent could do well. Alot of these players it comes down to how big there heart is and how much they want it. Alot of busts in drafts so will see but the falcon's should get a real good one.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:39 am 
Starter
Starter

Adrian Peterson at the 10 spot if he is still there. I hate to say it but Dunn is declining in productivity and we need that Power/workhorse back that Peterson is. Hell, we all saw what happened when Duckett was traded, we couldn't run the ball in from inside 5 yards...

I would also chose Peterson on the fact that, there is only one kind of him(power and speed). There's not a RB in the draft and maybe for years to come with his talent.

We need Defense help also, I think there is too many quality DB's and DE's in this years draft also. Somebody will fall to us at the 10 spot in the Second round. McKay could also package a trade again(Jimmy Williams) and we could move up from the 2nd round back to 1st again... Who knows..

When it comes down to it, I think Adrian Peterson would be our best bet if he was still there at 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:08 pm 

Well some people out there believe Cal's Marshawn Lynch is better. Lynch is pretty good, but I don't think he's as good as Peterson.

One person's take on Lynch:
[quote="NFL Draft Dirt"][/quote]

Lynch has Peterson beat as a receiver and probably is a little bit better running outside the tackles.

As a starter at Cal, Lynch only averaged 18 carries a game (over 2 years). Peterson on the other hand averaged 24 carries a game over 3 years. So there is less wear on Lynch's tire as they like to say. And he definitely hasn't had the injury concerns that Peterson has had.

Lynch is a lock to be a Top 15 pick, although I've seen some draft sites reluctant to proclaim him a Top 10 pick.

But you wonder if the Falcons will target a RB in ROund 1. With Michael Bush looking like he could be there in Round 2, or Kolby Smith in Round 4, the Falcons can get a physical complement to Norwood later in the draft.

Unlike last year's draft, there are actual power backs this year. Tony Hunt (Penn State) and Brian Leonard (Rutgers) will be also available in Round 2. But neither of those guys looks like a 20-carry guy.

BTW, don't believe the Alstott comparisons when it comes to Leonard. He looks nothing like Alstott, because unlike Alstott Leonard has speed. He is a RB that only played FB because of Ray Rice this season. I wouldn't mind settling for someone like Leonard, because he showed me he was very unselfish this past year by deferring to Rice.

Profile E-mail