It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jamaal Anderson wil he have impact Falcon's pick or a safety
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:35 pm 

Since Anderson is coming out I have read this guy is the real deal very close to Gaines Adams in ability if so it is possible he might be there at 10 when the falcon's pick. the question is if Kerney leaves free agency and the Falcon's have a choice between def end(Anderson) or Safety(Landry,Nelson) who would they take? If the reports are true there is a huge difference between first round ability in anderson vsw second rounder in guys like Carriker of Nebraska and others and compared to the safeties which nelson and landry will be gone but the second round safeties are closer to quality ability than the def ends.

I don't know it makes much more sense to get a def end that can get pressure on a QB than a safety who will be high quality but comparing the 2 positions doesn't seem to a doubt you always go with a def end. Let me put it another way who has more upside ability Anderson,Nelson and landry to achieve stardom?

The scary thing about drafting a def end from Arkansas who was the last great one from the school? Lets see Brady Smith, then dan hampton which is something I don't like.Anderson has the size and can get to the QB but would he be the right choice if there at 10?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:45 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I've never seen Anderson play, but from all the things I hear he's a slightly lesser version of Mario Williams. Now granted, Mario Williams gets a bad rap, but that's just because he doesn't live up to the rep of being a No. 1 pick, but he's still a top talent. He had a decent rookie year, 47 tackles, 4.5 sacks.

I have the feeling just because of Anderson's athleticism and size potential (6-6/280 I hear), he'll surpass Adams as the Top DE. If that means Adams falls to us at No. 10, I don't have any problem about taking him.

I agree, I think DE is more important than S. There are always quality safeties to be had in the 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th rounds of every draft. If you want an impact DE, you're hard pressed to find one after Round 2.

We can get by with our safeties for now as long as our DEs step up their play. I know a lot of peopple like Carrington, Mallard, and Davis, and I do too, but not enough to pass up on a player like Adams or Anderson in Round 1.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:04 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I think with all the injuries we've had on the DL the past two seasons and the fact that our whole gameplan has revolved around getting up early and getting pressure on the QB with our front 4, we definitely have to look hard at getting another solid DE. If Anderson is indeed as good as he's billed to be, I think he would be an ideal man to take over Kerney's DE position. Kerney has always been the "strong side" DE because he's big, strong, and plays the run well. Anderson has the size and athletic ability to be a Strahan of sorts for us opposite one of the best sack machines in the league in Abraham. And in this division, it will be extremely important to have lots of ways to get to the QB. We'll have to watch how he does at the combine and workouts because he might be an excellent pick at #10.

P.S. - I noticed that he made SEC 1st defensive team at DE. IMO, that speaks volumes that he accomplished what he did in the SEC.