It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pitt's Revis enters draft
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:15 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

01/08/07 - University of Pittsburgh cornerback Darrelle Revis, regarded as one of the nation's premier players at his position, will bypass his senior season with the Panthers and enter the 2007 NFL draft, several league sources confirmed. Revis, 21, has already submitted the pertinent paperwork to the NFL to petition for entry into the draft. A three-year starter, Revis possesses prototype size (6-feet-0, 200 pounds), plays even faster than his stopwatch speed and has terrific coverage techniques. He is projected by most scouts as no worse than a second-round choice and could be selected in the first round, since cornerback is such a premium position. A native of Aliquippa, Pa., which has produced several NFL players, including cornerback Ty Law, Revis plays a physical style in coverage and is not shy about coming up to support the run. For his career, Revis has 129 tackles, eight interceptions and 32 passes defensed. He has also returned punts on occasion. - Len Pasquarelli ESPN

12/06/06 - All-Big East First Team: Junior CB Darrelle Revis earned first team All-Big East for the second consecutive season. A semifinalist for the Thorpe Award, he scored three touchdowns this year, including two on interception returns and one on a thrilling 73-yard punt return against West Virginia. Revis is the first two-time first-team All-Big East defensive back at Pitt since Hank Poteat accomplished the feat in 1998 and 1999.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:16 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

This is a guy we should really look at....if we get either Nelson, Landry or him I will be VERY happy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:19 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Now, I'll be honest and that as a Pitt alum, I probably haven't seen as many Pitt games as I should have the past 2 years, but frankly I'm not overly impressed with Revis.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good cornerback. But I really don't see anything "special" about him. He definitely has the size and speed to be a solid NFL cornerback, but I just don't see the thing that scouts are seeing when they talk about him potentialy being the top cornerback in the draft. From all I saw from him the past 2 years, he rarely gets burned, but part of that is because his rep and teams shy away from him, but then I don't really see him making teams pay when they do go after him consistently.

He looks like he can be a solid cornerback in the NFL, but I just don't see what makes him a "No. 1" cornerback.

Profile E-mail