Khalif Barnes or Justin Tuck

The year's upcoming draft and the college game can be discussed here.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Khalif Barnes or Justin Tuck

Postby Pudge » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:20 am

I was doing my mock draft last night for the Huddle Report, and it came down to Khalif Barnes or Justin Tuck for the Falcons at #27.

Initially, I chose Barnes. But then I thought about it, and said to myself. Gibbs is really against 1st round OL, and I know that means mostly squat since it is McKay doing the picks, and it is really his preferences rather than the coaching staff, but I think that it would be another example of McKay passing on an OL in Round 1 in the hopes that there will be talent in Rounds 3-5, and I think there will be.

So then I chose Tuck. I know in the mock draft I posted the other day I had the Falcons choosing ROth, because I don't expect the Falcons to stay at #27, dropping down a few slots and taking a guy like Roth at maybe #34 or #38 or something.

Justin Tuck - 4
Shaun Cody - 4
Mike Patterson - 4
Luis Castillo - 4
Brodney Pool - 4
Reggie Brown - 4
Antajj Hawthorne - 4
Erasmus James - 1
Roddy White - 3
Khalif Barnes - 3
Dan Cody - 3
Matt Roth - 3
Travis Johnson - 2
Alex Barron - 1
Fabian Washington - 1
Heath Miller - 1

Above is based on the 4 mocks posted at THR, here are the players that are going to be available at #27 (and how many of the mocks they are available in) that fulfill some sort of a need and have been mentioned at least my most folks as potential Round 1 picks.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Return to “The War Room”