It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bob Davie think Troy Smith ahead of Drew Brees
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:58 pm 

Watching Bob Davie talking about the championship game they asked him what he though of Smith's ability in the pros and Davie loves the guy. He thinks smith is ahead of Brees when he was in college plus Smith has proven he can win the big game. Smith's ratio of TDs in the red zone is 73% and has thrown to 8 different receivers. Davie said he doesn't care if smith is 5-10,5'11 or 6'0 Smith is a leader and a difference maker.Plus the more red zone smith is in opens things up for him run or pass.

I have to agree Smith is going to be a very good to great QB.He can make all the throws,wins big games and can run. Frankly, if I could wave a magic wand and replace vick with smith I would thats how much I think of him. All these young QBs coming out that can run think pass first unlike vick who doesn't panics back there.Of course I need to mention if the falcon's had receivers and an off line we would see how good vick is or bad then all naysayers would put up or shut up.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:25 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Although it was just one game, last nights performance won't help his draft standing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:03 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Smith was terrible last night. I saw a lot of "Falcons" in OSU's performance last night. The blocking was poor, and the WRs didn't do anything to help him out (especially when Florida blitzed), but Smith made some terrible throws and decisions when he did have time to throw and the WRs were open. It was probably the worst game I've seen from him in a long time, and he looked like a freshman out there.

I like Troy Smith, but his performance last night definitely hurt his draft stock. He was considered a late 1st rounder, and probably has fallen back into the 2nd round. He'll have to do well in the All-Star games and/or he needs to work out at the Combine.

I think you have to like Smith somewhat because IMO he has the intangibles that the other top QBs (Quinn, Russell, and Brohm) seem to lack, as far as his leadership and ability to play well in big games with exception to last night.

Profile E-mail