It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2007 QB class
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:56 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

After seeing Quinn & Russell last night, and Brohm the night before, the 2007 QB class definitely looks solid. But although i've noticed that each fo the QBs definitely possess the physical talents to be NFL QBs, I really haven't seen much to say they have the mental toughness.

Maybe it's because I haven't watched enough of them. But there definitely is not it factor when it comes to those 3 guys. However, I do see it when I watch Troy Smith. But then does he have the physical attributes to be a successful NFL QB? Many don't believe so, but I do.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:04 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Mental toughness is hard to quantify until you see them in an NFL game, where the design to defense them is much different than in college. All of the QB's you mentioned have shown flashes of mental toughness, but i would say all of them have the tools to get it done in the NFL....i have never been a big B. Quinn fan..i don't like the ball he throws....Smith is going to have to be a Romo type...wait around and learn the system, then get his chance..Russell with some personal bias involved has the better athletic skills, and i love his height and poise in the pocket...he needs to make better decisions with the ball...but most young QB are the same way.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Mental toughness!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:33 pm 

Interesting question about the QB group named. Brady has got very good stats but I also think the media blows him up more than he deserves. I saw alot of indecisions by him last night granted he had a tough defense to throw against.He has leadership ability and will be above average in the pros not sure if he is a star. Russell, impressed me especially his size. Now can Russell read defenses in the NFL unlike Notre Dames who have been torched a number of times this year. Brohm haven't seen alot of no comment but he is coimg from a passing system will give him an advantage.

Troy Smith impresses me the most he just seems to find the right man and can run the ball. Despite his size I think Smith will be the most dangerous out of the QBs and whoever gets him is going to have a franchise QB. Your QB IQ is the most important thing to have obiuously you need tools but Smith has it. Can't wait till the florida game to see how smith performs.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:15 pm 

I think all 4 guys will have their careers made or broken by who drafts them. Russell and Smith seem to me the most likely to be able to endure landing in an environment such as Cleveland or Detroit, where they are wanted to essentially be the same as Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Michael Vick, etc. as the man that will be the rallying point as the team builds itself out of the pits.

At least Detroit has Mike Martz going for it. But how long he stays in Detroit, I'd be surprised if it's beyond 2008. The only reason he is in Detroit is because nobody else offered him a job last February. As soon as someone offers him a head coaching gig that isn't Oakland, he's gone.

Profile E-mail