It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeff Samardjia Notre Dame would you select him 2nd Round!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:20 am 

Watching the Notre Dame game just though I would throw this question out would Samardija be wise to draft if available in the second round. Of course it depends on what the falcon's do in the 1st but as much as the Falcon's missed Finneran ,Samarijda seems to be a clone if not better.He is 6-5,coordinated and runs good routes unlike what we have now in jenkins and roddy.If Finn came back healthy you could have 2 6-5 guys out there making it easy for vick to spot.

Would 2 6-5 guys be to much if the falcon's want to stretch the field since both finn and samar don't run particularly fast.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Jeff Samardjia Notre Dame would you select him 2nd Round
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:21 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

thescout wrote:
Watching the Notre Dame game just though I would throw this question out would Samardija be wise to draft if available in the second round. Of course it depends on what the falcon's do in the 1st but as much as the Falcon's missed Finneran ,Samarijda seems to be a clone if not better.He is 6-5,coordinated and runs good routes unlike what we have now in jenkins and roddy.If Finn came back healthy you could have 2 6-5 guys out there making it easy for vick to spot.

Would 2 6-5 guys be to much if the falcon's want to stretch the field since both finn and samar don't run particularly fast.

Nope...he is more committed to baseball...and we have MUCH more present needs in other positions.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:11 am 
Veteran
Veteran

I personally would not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:24 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'd think hard about selecting Samardzija in Round 2. But you do have to gauge how strong his interest in baseball is opposed to football. He seems committed at this point to playing both sports, and that means he's unlikely to be available until the season starts since baseball season runs through September. How good of shape will he be in?

The fact that he's a pitcher I guess helps his prospects for both sports since he won't be playing but once a week in either sport really.

He defintiely is a first round talent, and he's available in Round 2, I'd think hard about drafting him. On his talent alone, I'd say yes. But there are other factors to consider.

Profile E-mail