It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This year's draft picks...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:52 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I was trying to compile a list of the draft picks(Rounds) that we have going into this years draft. I have no idea about the undisclosed picks and such, however this is what i came up with

I think we gave the Jets a 1st round pick last year for Abraham, so we aren't giving them a 1st rounder this yeaR(If i'm not mistaken)We traded a 2007 undisclosed draft pick to the saints for Gandy(I have no idea about this one) We get a 4th rounder from Denver. We traded an undisclosed Draft Pick to the Browns. We won't know about the undisclosed picks until the season ends i believe...

So we get a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th...Minus two undisclosed picks..Right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:37 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

The pick sent to NO for Gandy is a conditional one. I've yet to see anywhere that details the conditions, but it's been hinted that if Gandy did well (made the team and/or was a starter) we would ship them a 6th round pick, and if not it would just be a 7th.

So don't take this as gospel, but in all likelihood we will be sending a #6 to New Orleans as part of that trade. You're right, we got a #4 from Denver.

So essentially we have 7 picks:

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th (2), 5th, 7th

Perhaps we can add 1 or 2 more 1st day picks between now and April to add to our relative draft wealth. Having 5 picks in the first 4 rounds is a big blessing. Hopefully McKay doesn't start trading them away like he did last year. This team has not reached the point personnel-wise where we can afford to give up draft picks. That was very evident from our play this season.

Profile E-mail