It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pre-grading the draft
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:19 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

As I said in an earlier post, I think the Falcons should focus on three areas in this draft, because it will be difficult to successfully address more than 3 positions this year. Last year we had the benefit that we could pick the best player available. This year our needs are a bit more focused since expectations are higher going into this season than a year ago.

But I think these 3 positions:

1. DE
2. SS
3. OL

Must be addressed in this draft. Other needs such as RB, WR, DT, TE, CB, etc. are areas that it would be nice to address, but none are that pressing that it would be a mistake if we did not.

So here's a mock draft I'm hopeful for:

1. Justin Tuck, DE, Notre Dame
2. Evan Mathis, G/T, Alabama
3. Donte Nicholson, S, Oklahoma
4. Chris McKenzie, CB, Arizona State
5a. Lorenzo Alexander, DT, Cal
5b. Chris Myers, G/C, Miami
6. Darren Sproles, RB, Kansas State
7. Alex Holmes, TE, USC

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Looks good your new predictions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:10 pm 
I could not agree more with the positions and selections of the picks.If everything goes accordingly with no shockers then this would be the way I would select the players also.However as you know every draft has players moving up boards and lower so we may see some surprises.Def end with Tuck could be the guy that can put fear in QBs teaming with Kerney.Mathis can play off tackle or guard and is versatile so he would be a good pick.Nicholson would be our answer at safety and we all know def backfield is a sore spot.

It will be interesting to see if the falcons agree though they may find a recevier that slides like mark bradley in the 3rd and take him hoping to get the safety in round 4.If we go receiver he has to be one that runds good routes and is a decent target.The reason I don't like receivers unless he is special is they don't produce normally in the first year.Alexander is a def tackle we need so I hope he is there.Sproles will be a steal for anyone that gets him.Overall this would be an excellent draft if it came out this way pudge!