It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jake Long returning to Michigan!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:49 pm 

Well the draft took a hit with jake long deciding to go back to michigan.Somebody should tell jake about what happened to joe thomas last year.

QB Henne, OT Long to return for senior seasonsESPN.com news services

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Quarterback Chad Henne and first-team All-America offensive tackle Jake Long announced Thursday that they will return to Michigan for their senior seasons.

"It's best for me and for the team," Long said. "I looked into it a little bit, but I never was close to leaving. I really want my degree, and we have unfinished business as a team."

The third-ranked Wolverines fell just short of earning a berth in this season's BCS title game in Arizona and instead will face Southern California in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1.

"We have unfinished business," Henne said on a conference call. "I haven't beaten Ohio State. We have a great corps coming back. We have a great chance to do it."

Meanwhile, junior running back Mike Hart said he was "99 percent sure" he would return to Michigan.

Information from ESPN's Joe Schad and The

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:54 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I had a feeling guys like Long and Henne would return if Michigand didn't win the national title this year. Wonder if Branch will return. Even without him, they'd have to be the favorites to win it all next year. Them, and maybe USC.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:02 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Pudge wrote:
I had a feeling guys like Long and Henne would return if Michigand didn't win the national title this year. Wonder if Branch will return. Even without him, they'd have to be the favorites to win it all next year. Them, and maybe USC.

LSU is loaded as well :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:54 pm 

The quality of this draft at the top will be determined by which juniors come out. With Long and Baker indicating their preference for staying right now, it basically means there are 2 top OTs prospects: Thomas and Levi Brown. And it seems like Dorsey, WR Robert Meachem, and DE Lawrence Jackson are looking to stay as well, which hurts depth at those positions.

Profile E-mail