New mock from NFL Draft Countdown

The year's upcoming draft and the college game can be discussed here.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

New mock from NFL Draft Countdown

Postby Pudge » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:02 am

1. Shaun Cody, DT, USC
2. Jerome Mathis, WR, Hampton
3. Ronald Bartell, CB/S, Howard

I'd be quite happy with Cody in Round 1, but I don't see the Falcons going WR on the first day of the draft unless a good player really slips to them. I think the Falcons right now are content to develop Jenkins more and hope Price rebounds. Next year, WR may become a priority.

Also, I've noticed this site has been connecting the Falcons with Bartell a lot in their mock drafts. I also wouldn't be too happy with that pick. He's a guy with great size and good speed, but that's about all he brings. He struggled during Senior Bowl week at cornerback, and I don't think he's physical enough against the run to catch our eye at safety.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

VTCDTSYLR
Role Player
Role Player

Postby VTCDTSYLR » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:47 pm

Really what is the fascination with Ron Bartell, he sounds like Bryan Scott from a small school with worse level of competetion faced. He could turn out like Juran Bolden too, plenty of size and speed, but the its all straight lined, I worry about tall corners with blazing 40's, it just means they have a quick stride, but let me tell you, being 6'3 I know it can take a while to gather long legs underneath you to make a break on a ball, it takes a special athlete to do it, and you can't measure that with a 40, you have to watch the fundamentals.

Return to “The War Room”