It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: University of Utah players
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:49 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

So as the draft picks up we all start readings bios from all kinda of sources and looking at mocks and need charts etc. slowly we see some themes and start identifying players well damned if I havn't identified a whole school to pick from, Utah. The more I read the more and more I like about all the players coming out of there this year. None are first round prospects FOR US, but all would hold great value for us in their repective rounds. Guys like Paris Warren, WR, Pudge has spoken on him before, damned if I don't think he is gonna make some GM look like a genius next year or the year after. He is tall, quick, not so fast but fast enough for us, good hands, and is a hard worker. Then we have G Chris Kemoeatu, thick built guard who is NASTY, not just mean but going up into the stands to punch your family and the hot dog guy NASTY, plays well on the move. And even Simone Pouha at DT in the 7th or UFA, he is massive and with the right guys around him and pushing him he could really develop into something. It all comes down to the system they have been playing in, well the Offensive guys at least, a system based on rolling the pocket around a mobile QB who could scramble at any time, controling the game by throwing passes to all places on the field in an attempt to control the games flow, and all this while allowing a talented QB to do the things that come naturally, make plays. Sound like any team we know???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:16 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I understand your point, I've always seemingly had an affinity for Iowa players. I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of their program or a guy that watches them a lot, but from what I've seen over the years, Kirk Ferentz has done a good job developing players into what I would say are reliable pro players.

Not all are stars, but I think it's a program that has taken a lot of players that weren't superbly talented and made them into reliable, smart players.

I also respect the University of Georgia. I think much of that is due to its location in that I think most realize that the deep South (particularly Florida & Texas) produce the best football talent there is on the globe. But I think unlike other programs which rely heavily on the local talent, Georgia has done a good job at producing better pro players. Maybe it's because UGA doesn't have the glamour or swagger of a FSU, Florida, or the history of a Alabama or Texas, but I think it often out-produces all those schools in terms of producing quality pro players, and I would put it up there with Miami in terms of that. Maybe not the superstars that Miami has, but those 2nd tier guys that don't get all the accolades, but are just as good.

Profile E-mail