4- Lorenzo Alexander, DT, California
5a- Domonique Foxworth, CB, Maryland
5b- Scott Young, OG, BYU
6- Walter Reyes, RB, Syracuse
7- Paris Warren, WR, Utah

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: I could live with that draft
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:49 pm 

I could live with this draft just a few comments.Ware I have heard can get to te qb similar to Terrell Suggs but may not be able to cover the backs coming out of the backfield.Is light and may not be able to put on more weight.Oh another comparison is Jason Taylor.If he can get to the QB you can't have enough of those players.Can he stp the run?

Bullocks would be a very good pick solve the safety need.Mathias and Alexander would solve 2 gapping holes we need filled. Reyes would be a young back to groom if dunn iis gone after next year.Foxworth would give us depth at corner.Overall a very good draft I hope mckay has a similar one.Where are the Kent State players? :P

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:05 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

Pudge,
I love the Paris Warren pick. If he is there in the seventh I think he would be a great pick up, I have been reading stuff on him for about two weeks now doing some research, and I think he could really work for us. Reminds me a little of Rod Smith, overlooked but damned if he didn't make a fine pro. The rest of the draft is alright, kinda conservative I think which is alright this year. Reyes may not be around late but would be a good pick up and hopefully could stick longer then Wilson did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:09 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

If you believe it, I already worked out a new 7-round mock, and this one I feel a bit more confident. The one I posted a few days ago was the first one I worked on of this off-season, so it was more to work out the kinks in my thinking.

This one should be posted at the Huddle Report by the end of the week. Here goes:

1. David Pollack, DE, Georgia
2. Josh Bullocks, FS, NEbraska
3. Nick Kaczur, OG/OT, Toledo
4. Darrent Williams, CB, Oklahoma State
5a. Billy Bajema, TE, Oklahoma State
5b. Tim Bulman, DT, Boston College
6. Darren Sproles, RB, Kansas State
7. Paris Warren, WR, Utah

I know you might be interested to see how I have Pollack falling. Well according to some reports (I believe it came from Pro Football Talk), Pollack put off a lot of people at Georgia's pro Day. And also I think a lot of teams feel Pollack is purely an effort player, and would rather draft a better athlete at the DE position. So as far as DEs go in Round 1, this is how I have them falling:

1. Shawne Merriman --> Lions
2. Justin Tuck --> Cowboys
3. Marcus Spears --> Chargers
4. Erasmus James --> Vikings
5. Demarcus Ware --> Broncos
6. David Pollack --> Falcons

Now I don't think there is a strong chance Pollack could fall to the Falcons, because it basically depends on the Cowboys going DE with their first pick, and the Vikings not going DE at #7.

Bullocks is no surprise in Round 2. Kaczur and Mathis seem to flip-flop a lot in my predictions. I hope one will be available in Round 3, because I see both as the ideal fits for upgrading our O-line. I think Mathis has more potential to go higher than Kaczur since he has experience playing multiple positions, while I believe Kaczur was strictly an OT at Toledo. But I could be wrong.

Williams is a smallish cover corner that most are comparing to Fred Smoot. I think the Falcons would love to develop him at the nickel spot in hopes he could be a starter in 2-3 years.

Bajema might be a surprise pick, but I honestly believe McKay is targetting a blocking TE since I think he would rather cut Beverly than keep him. Bajema is that. A bit raw, but could be an excellent #2 to Crump.

Bulman is the blue-collar interior guy that I think the team wants to use for depth.

Sproles is a quick scatback that I think the team likens to Dunn and can be used similarly in the offense.

Warren again from last time. A big-time sleeper it seems at WR.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Mock Draft
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:55 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I hope they steer clear of Ware. I think he is more of a fit in the 3-4 defense. Would love Pollack or Shaun Cody @ #1. Has Hawthorne really fallen that far not to be considered? I think we need a run stuffer in there to complement Coleman & free up Hartwell. Below is my ideal draft:

1. David Pollack DE, GA
2. Luis Castillo DT, NW
3. Ron Bartell CB, How
4. James Butler S, GT
5a. Ryan Claridge OLB, UNLV
5b. Darrell Shropshire DT, SC
6. Scott Young OG, BYU
7. Rob Hunt C, NDST

I would also like Kaczur, but hopefully we don't have to spend a #3 on him. I would also like Mathis @ #3 if available. Do you think Butler will last to #128? I think we could package our #4 & a #5 to move up to the #110 range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:16 pm 

Falcfanatic, here's where I had the players you mentioned going in my 7-round mock:

Luis Castillo - #53 (BAL) - 6 spots before our pick
Ron Bartell - #82 (NO) - 8 spots before our pick
James Butler - #91 (TB) - 37 spots before our pick
Ryan Claridge - #169 (CAR) - 9 spots after our pick
Darrell Shropshire - #107 (TB) - 56 spots before our pick
Scott Young - #157 (JAC) - 44 spots before our pick
Rob Hunt - undrafted

Castillo I think would be a good addition, and Butler is a big run-stopping FS. Claridge is a big linebacker without a lot of speed, but could potentially play any position at the LB spot. Shropshire has good size in the middle. Young is a strong guard that is raw, but has a lot of upside.

Bartell is a big tweener that has a lot of upside and potential, but my general feeling is that you stay away from tweeners unless you plan to play them at safety. Right now, I'd compare Bartell to Deon Grant, a former Vol that many considered the same. Thus far, Grant has turned into a pretty solid FS in the NFL despite having serious concerns about his abilities vs. the run.

If we did manage to take Bartell in Round 3, I would suggest the team passing on Butler with the hopes that they can convert Bartell to a FS, and rather using the 4th round choice on another position.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:07 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

aight I can't let you guys have all the fun. here goes, assume no trades etc etc.
#1 Marcus Spears- I hate LSU so I hate to pick him but he fills youth needs at DT and DE he has to develop at one of them
#2 Bullocks or Fuller- FS is the value pick here and these guys fit our bill, and you know the falcons can't go a year without getting a few more VT guys :wink:
#3 Darren Sproles- RB is a bigger need then people think I think
#4 Rian Wallace- special teamer/LB depth could be this years Demorrio
#5 Atiyyah Ellison- NT/DE also, kind of a risk cause he played alongside another good DT
#5 Chris Kemoeatu-OG gotta love the nasty lineman, Lehr is a stopgap until he slides to center next year, we need his backup backup training now
#6 Paris Warren- WR, I like him enough to take him here if not trading up to get him if someone else starts calling his phone, seriously bug his and his agents cells
#7 Victor Sesay TE or Daniel Loper OT- It's tough to call who will be around this late, Sesay is a great blocker who could even be a threat in the pass game, he is mean, and Loper has all the skills Gibbs wants except one, he played at TX Tech so he hardly run blocks, that means he is a piece of putty for Gibbs to mold ala Kevin Schaeffer.

There you have it, my madness laid out for all to see, what do y'all think?