It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone know how Mike Nugent did in Indy Combine?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:30 pm 
I have not heard anything on how Nugent did at the Indy combine.He will probably go in the second round.By signing Peterson it doesn't look like Nugent is on the falcon's list.Would have been nice to have a field goal kicker who can regualrly hit from 50+ yards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:35 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Here's the info from NFL Draft Scout.com on kickers and punters:

NFL Draft Scout wrote:
Tennessee senior punter DUSTIN COLQUITT, who had an average day punting on Friday, ranged between 3.61 and 4.82 on his hang time, while his punts ranged between 35 and 48 yards.

Ball State senior punter REGGIE HODGES ranged between 4.04 and 4.80 on his hang time, while his punts ranged between 38 and 60 yards.

Oklahoma State senior punter/kicker COLE FARDEN ranged between 3.68 and 4.55 on his hang time, while his punts ranged between 40 and 54 yards.

UTEP senior punter BRYCE BENEKOS ranged between 3.82 and 4.75 on his hang time, while his punts ranged between 38 and 52 yards.

Ohio State senior kicker MIKE NUGENT converted 12 of 15 field goal attempts, but all three of his misses came from beyond 40 yards.

Kansas State senior kicker JOE RHEEM converted 14 of 15 field goal attempts, but failed to impress on his kickoffs, as several came up short and with below average hang times.

Boise State senior kicker TYLER JONES converted 11 of 15 field goal attempts, including 7 of 9 beyond 40 yards, while his kickoffs ranged between 67 and 70 yards with an average hangtime between 3.75 and 3.80.

Maryland senior kicker NICK NOVAK converted 11 of 15 field goal attempts, including 4 of 6 beyond 45 yards, while his kickoffs were better than advertised, as they ranged between 64 and 67 yards.

Michigan State senior kicker DAVID RAYNOR converted 10 of 15 field goals, but four of his five misses came from beyond 40 yards, although he did come back with some very effective kickoffs, both in terms of distance and hangtimes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Not good for Nugent
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:15 pm 
I would have to say Nugent's stock went down after seeing this today.Go figure kickers are tough to figure out! I am back and running on the internet so you will see me post my usual 10 times a day!