PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:05 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

MATT ROTH

6-3/265
IOWA
1st/2nd rd. prospect

The Huddle Report wrote:
Matt has good size, speed and athletic talent for his position. He has a good burst off the line of scrimmage and uses good technique to free himself for sacks against his opponent. He makes offensive coaches account for him on every play in their game plans. Matt plays every play and every down with the same passion that you and I have for the game. It is a passion born from competition and wanting to be the best.

Roth seems to me to be a player very similar in the mold of Kerney when he first came into the league. Roth is an intesnse player that was a very disruptive player on the college level. A lot of experts however don't believe Roth's skills translate well to the NFL level, and that he is a work in progress. Some see him as a tweener at LB and DE. We'll see. I think what will ultimately hurt/help Roth's draft status is free agency. If a lot of teams like Jacksonville, Denver, etc. that pick between #15 and #25 address their needs at DE in free agency, then it's going to hurt Roth, because they will be less willing to spend a #1 pick on a DE.

Profile E-mail