Let the Sanu hype begin!!

All things related to the Atlanta Falcons, NFL and pro football related.
Site Admin

Let the Sanu hype begin!!

Postby Pudge » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:56 pm

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2016/6/23/ ... l-be-great

Nate Burleson thinks Mohamed Sanu will be great
By Matthew Chambers  @FalconsM5 on Jun 23, 2016, 5:00a 121 121

Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports
Not everyone is down on Atlanta's newest offensive weapon.

When many expected the Falcons to add a speedy wide receiver in the offseason, the team drew a pretty disappointed response when they signed Mohamed Sanu. He was considered more of a possession wide receiver, but struggled with securing the football and fell down the Cincinnati Bengals' depth chart last season. He then received a 5-year, $32.5 million deal that has been called one of the worst moves of the offseason by multiple websites.

I'm not sure if we ever considered this possibility, but what if Sanu ended up being really good? Former NFL wide receiver and current NFL Network analyst Nate Burleson certainly thinks Sanu will be good.

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter
NFL Total Access ✔ @NFLTotalAccess
"He is going to be one of the best number 2's in this league."

- @Nate13Burleson on #Falcons Sanu
7:37 PM - 22 Jun 2016
168 168 Retweets 226 226 likes
One of the best #2 receivers in the league? That would be a major improvement. Not that Andy Dalton has been known to distribute the ball effectively, but Sanu would realistically need to finish with much better than his career best 790 receiving yards.

Others piled on this opinion, including Chris Wesseling, writer for Around the NFL.

Chris Wesseling ✔ @ChrisWesseling
I’m in lockstep with @Nate13Burleson. Sanu is going to exceed expectations in Atlanta https://twitter.com/NFLTotalAccess/stat ... 6488339456
7:58 PM - 22 Jun 2016
21 21 Retweets 23 23 likes
The potential is there. Sanu is a physical player and does a good job running routes. I think 1,200 yards would be a pretty big stretch, but he could flirt with a 1,000 yard season under the right circumstances. If Burleson is correct, one of the best #2's should but Sanu right around 1,000 yards.

Could Sanu actually turn into one of the best deals of the offseason? Many are skeptical, but the potential is there.

Re: Let the Sanu hype begin!!

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:13 pm

Ugh. I'm sick of hearing a falcon's player name and potential in the same sentence. We need results!

Return to “The Huddle”