It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Walter Football latest mock draft 1-13-14
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:57 am 

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

Thought I would post this latest mock draft from Walter's site.

Walter has Bridgewater to the Texans. Makes sense since the Texans are in position to get the top QB available. Yo can't pass on a QB and true he isn't Aikman,Manning but Schaub is getting older and the Texans need a QB with potential to win big games.
Clowney to the Rams. I disagree with this pick. I think Mathews is the pick because Long is coming back from injury at tackle, Bradford needs better protection and Mathews comes from bloodlines that have been excellent.Bortles to the Jaguers. About time they get a QB that as big potential.
Manziel the Browns makes sense to me. The franchise is badly in need of a potential franchise QB. Sure there is risk but Manziel is an exciting player and the fans will enjoy his all out play.
Raiders select Watkins at receiver. Al Davis loves speed and Watkins is a stud receiver. I agree with Walter no QB good enough to take here. A trade is possible with another team the Bucs or Falcons for Clowney.
Falcons instead of Barr take Clowney. Just to much potential here to pass up at a need position. Falcons in the 2nd round take Filo, A team captain who can play tackle but guard is his best position. Is he better than Richardson or Gabe Jackson?
Third round Falcon pick Seastrunk running back. Don't know alot about him but the Falcons do need a back who can carry the ball alot and has speed.I would probably draft a back later since there seem to be quite alot of them. Tight end is a possibility and hopefully receiver since Gonzo will be gone and Douglass will again be back to drop the important passes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Walter Football latest mock draft 1-13-14
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:16 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Bzzzt. FAIL :down:

Al Davis has been dead for over 2 years so the only speed he loves is decomposition. :dance:

Try again.

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:09 pm 

Thanks for the correction Wease.Sometimes living on a ship we don't get the most current news. :doh: :up:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:51 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

I know it's a bit early to predict anything, but I don't think the Rams will be taking JaDeveon Clowney. If they don't trade down, I expect they'll take Jake Matthews.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:53 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

It's January...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:09 am 

Those 2 wins vs Buffalo and the Redskins are looking large now. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:49 am 

Here's a little story….

The last time there was a can't miss, all-world DE prospect in the draft was in 2002. His name was Julius Peppers. Went #2 overall despite most people thinking he was the best player in the draft.

9 slots later, a guy by the name of Dwight Freeney was selected. Freeney will certainly have his bust in Canton well before Peppers does.

Another example is that the last time a can't miss all-world QB prospect came into the league was in 2012. His name was Andrew Luck. But taken after him was Robert Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill, Russell Wilson, and Nick Foles, all of whom are starting and producing at this level.

I hope the Falcons get Jadeveon Clowney. But the world isn't going to come to an end if/when the Falcons don't get him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:23 pm 

Pudge wrote:
Here's a little story….

The last time there was a can't miss, all-world DE prospect in the draft was in 2002. His name was Julius Peppers. Went #2 overall despite most people thinking he was the best player in the draft.

9 slots later, a guy by the name of Dwight Freeney was selected. Freeney will certainly have his bust in Canton well before Peppers does.

Another example is that the last time a can't miss all-world QB prospect came into the league was in 2012. His name was Andrew Luck. But taken after him was Robert Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill, Russell Wilson, and Nick Foles, all of whom are starting and producing at this level.

I hope the Falcons get Jadeveon Clowney. But the world isn't going to come to an end if/when the Falcons don't get him.

:up: :up:

Profile E-mail