Walter Football Latest Mock Draft

The year's upcoming draft and the college game can be discussed here.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

thescout

Walter Football Latest Mock Draft

Postby thescout » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:04 pm

Sorry guys I haven't posted in awhile. I'm still working on a ship so internet access can be difficult and expensive.I still check the site alot so keep it going. I see our Falcons are in the running for a top pick. Here's Walter Football's latest mock draft.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

As we all know a good GM can find talent through out a draft but I still want as high a pick as possible. We have come this far losing so lets go for broke. I see this as a 4 player draft especially players like Clowney,Barr and Mathews with pro bowl potential compared to many of the other prospects. I reall want Clowney so in order to achieve will probably have to have the 2nd pick. This means losing to Washington which at this point I don't think that will happen. If we finish out of the top 4 picks (I expect Bridgewater,Clowney,Barr and Mathews to go top 4) then there seems to be a drop off in talent. We need a pass rusher in the worst way . i realize Barr is more suited to 3-4 defense but I think he is a special talent and would still draft him and play more of a hybrid defense 3-4,4-3.If it came to having to pick which defense I would go 3-4 just to fit Barr's skill set. I know we don't have the personnel for a 3-4 but considering we have to rebuild the defense anyway I would do it. I think Nolan can find ways to make Barr a main talent to build the defense.It's been a long time since the Falcons had a player offenses had to worry about (ABE) as of late but you simply can't pass on special players.

I like Trent Murphy also but think of him as a 8-12 playe r who can also cover tight ends.If we don't end up with the big 3 (Clowney,Barr, Mathews then I'd trade down to get Murphy.
Sometimes running the Mularkey offense makes me feel like I'm in a prison.

Return to “The War Room”