It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Other teams drafts your thoughts good or bad!
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:39 am 

Thought I would start a thread of how others teams did in this draft, your thoughts good or bad.

Teams on the uprise -
Arizona
Seem to say this every year but Arizona had another quality draft.Leinart,Luti,Pope, Watson all good picks in the rounds they were taken in.How does pope end up in the 3rd?

Detriot - one of these yrs the team is going to produce.New QB,coach and some good draft picks. Ernie Sims,Daniel Bullocks,Jonathan Scott,Matua look to be 4 good players.

New England - They might not always draft the big names but we should know by now that New England is one of the best drafting teams there is over the years. Players drafted this year Maroney,Chad Jackson,Dave Thomas,Ryan O Callaghan and the names we don't recoginize as much Dan Stevenson,Willie Andrews,Le Kevin Smith.

Philaidelphia - had one of the best drafts with Broderick Bunkley,Winston Justice,Chris Gocong,Gillies,Bloom,Jason Avant. If games are won in the trenches Philly will be difficlut to beat.

Denver - made out like bandits getting the first round pick from Atlanta and then trading up to get Cutler.Brandon Marshall could be a steal,Dumervil,and Eslinger are a few players who will contribute

Tampa - liked there draft

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:24 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I like the Bills draft, call Whitner and McCargo reaches in Round 1, they got steals in Simpson and Youboty in Rounds 3 and 4 and Kyle Williams was a steal in Round 5. They really did an excellent job upgrading their DL and secondary in this year's draft, and probably snagged 5 starters, which is unheard of in a draft.

The Broncos had another good draft. I've never been in love with Cutler, but he'll do well in Denver sitting behind Plummer for 2-3 years. Dumervil will be good in Denver as well since they've done great things with undersized DEs. Eslinger, and acquiring Javon Walker were their other big moves. And Sheffler is pretty good for a 3rd tier TE.

The Cowboys, Cards, Giants, Eagles, Lions, Panthers, Texans, and Vikings all had good drafts. But with the Lions, they've continued to have good drafts over the past 3 or so years, but because of coaching never have been able to reap the full benefits of that. Count me as one of those people that's in the anti-Marinelli camp. It's not character that is lacking in Detroit, it's poor management. I see the same results in Detroit that we've seen in recent years, great talent going to waste.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:16 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

the Vikings? they had a good draft?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:23 pm 

They addressed theiir needs with decent players. Whether they live up to their potential is up in the air of course, but that's no different than any other team. They addressed all of their major needs except RB.

Greenway and potentially Greg Blue could be pretty good OLBs. Griffin is a good fit in Minnesota because they are going to play a Tampa Cover-2 scheme. Cook adds depth at C, but more immediately could be a starter down the road at RT. I've never been a fan of Ray Edwards, but he does add talent up front and potential help in their pass rush.

Jackson is no doubt a reach and a project at QB, but Childress is a pretty darn good coach, and did a good job on a raw option QB named McNabb, although of course Reid was the more instrumental of the two.

They didn't get any great players IMO, but I think their first 3 picks will be quality starters in the NFL down the road.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:57 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I just feel that with as many picks as the Vikings had on the first day they could have done better.

I will always have doubts about Blue...Greenway is a good choice however, I really liked him...he had fluid hips like a DB, he just wasn't as fast...

Cook seems solid at best, and Jackson, well I can't really quantify how dumb I thought that pick was