It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Te'o and Jones
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:21 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Pudge,
Where do you see Te'o from Notre Dame and Jarvis Jones going in the draft and how good will they be in the NFL. Both had impressive games this week and all year really. Just wondering what you thought about them.

Post subject: Re: Te'o and Jones
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:22 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I believe the first 3-4 team on the board will draft Jarvis jones so thats either the Colts or the Browns. I would have said the Chiefs but they better be using that pick on a QB. Te'o on the other hand will probably end up with either the Panthers (Beason is injury prone so is Thomas Davis) , Raiders or Bengals. I see both of them as top ten prospects.

Post subject: Re: Te'o and Jones
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:09 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Jones at this point is probably a lock to go in the Top 5 picks. He'll be pegged as the new Von Miller for this year's draft class. I think Jones has the chance to be an excellent pass rusher, and I do think he can be an elite OLB in the NFL on par with guys like Miller, DeMarcus Ware, etc.

Te'o is probably going to get drafted anywhere in the middle of the first round. It's hard for inside linebackers to be Top 10 picks, but every now and then you get a Kuechly/McClain-type that goes that high, and I think Te'o has that sort of ability. I saw a mock draft that had the Bears taking him in the latter half of the first round as a replacement for Urlacher.

I haven't really broken down Notre Dame tape this year, but I have seen plenty of Te'o in the past, and I do think he has the makings of a top MLB/ILB in the NFL that can anchor a defense.

Profile E-mail