It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cedric Griffin
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:51 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I've continue to see more connections and buzz about Griffin and the Falcons in the past week. I really hope the Falcons don't draft Griffin to be a cornerback. He's a cover 2 guy, which basically means he'd be a safety in the rest of the NFL. If the Falcons did nab Griffin in Round 2, the only way I'd be content with the draft pick is if he was converted to safety to compete with Crocker. But it would perplex me if the team liked Griffin that much as a safety, because it means that the team continues to use tweeners to play the SS position, where we've had Bryan Scott and now have Crocker, both of whom came into the league as CB/S tweeners. If the team is worried about players tackling at that position, it really doesn't make a ton of sense to continue to draft tweeners, but rather draft true safeties.

Here's to the Falcons not drafting Griffin.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Griffin is a 3rd round talent!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:42 pm 

I hope we don't take griffin in the second.There will be players that slide and to pick a player who should be in the 3rd round isn't sound judgement. I have a feeling Ashton Youtby will be there also and may be picked by the falcon's. Griffin is a player that seemed to play in the shadows of Huff,Young,Scott at Texas and I don't think he will be a good pro at least a potential pro bowler. You can still get top notch talent in the second and I hope Mckay doesn't blow it by picking a 3rd round talent.Mckay should keep one thing in mind is this player(Griffin) does he have more potential at a need area vs some of the other players still on the board at a need area.Eric Winston could slide since he has short arms and most off tackles they would prefer longer arms so if we pass on winston for griffin I'll be pissed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Cedric Griffin
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:50 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Pudge wrote:
I've continue to see more connections and buzz about Griffin and the Falcons in the past week. I really hope the Falcons don't draft Griffin to be a cornerback. He's a cover 2 guy, which basically means he'd be a safety in the rest of the NFL. If the Falcons did nab Griffin in Round 2, the only way I'd be content with the draft pick is if he was converted to safety to compete with Crocker. But it would perplex me if the team liked Griffin that much as a safety, because it means that the team continues to use tweeners to play the SS position, where we've had Bryan Scott and now have Crocker, both of whom came into the league as CB/S tweeners. If the team is worried about players tackling at that position, it really doesn't make a ton of sense to continue to draft tweeners, but rather draft true safeties.

Here's to the Falcons not drafting Griffin.

From the video I saw of Crocker I am going to like him a lot. He's physical and will hit you.
I completely agree with your opinion of Griffin. I don't want the Falcons drafting this guy. He isn't a "coverage" corner as you stated and if the Falcons want a safety, which they should want at least one, then I would rather them draft a true safety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:01 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I'm with you Pudge...

I totally agree that he'd be basically worthless to us as a corner, and we've tried the whole tweener thing enough as it is....

if we want a safety draft a safety, there are plenty of them in this draft...