- The Philadelphia Eagles have been looking heavily at wide receivers since the end of last season and seem to be zeroing in on there man in the form of Miami (FL)'s Sinorice Moss. This is backed up by recent comments by Moss in which he indicated that the team has shown quite a bit of interest in him? The Eagles hold the 14th pick in the draft and that seems a little early for Moss, so if you see them move down on draft day, you'll know why.
- We're being told that the 49ers are making a "serious push" to put together a package in order to acquire the #1 overall pick and subsequently select Southern Cal's Reggie Bush. Which explains them acquiring another first round pick last week.
- Penn State quarterback Michael Robinson is now much more willing to work out at other positions as it's been made clear to him that he's likely not draftable solely as a quarterback.
- UCLA running back Maurice Drew continues to shoot up draft boards. One scout we spoke to said that he wouldn't be surprised to see Drew come off the board at the very end of round 1.
- Always looking for the next Antonio Gates, NFL teams are currently looking at George Mason power forward Jai Ellis and UConn power forward Ed Nelson at potential tight ends. While neither received glowing reviews in terms of their NFL potential. Scouts we spoke to believe that Ellis may be capable of playing professional football.
- Ohio State safety Donte Whitner appears to have locked himself into the draft's #2 safety spot behind Texas' Michael Huff. While Whitner lacks prototypical size for the position, he's big enough to get the job done and as one person we spoke to said "he just makes plays".
- Don't give another thought to the rumor that the Packers may trade quarterback Brett Favre. Sources we spoke to all said the same thing "that's ridicules".
- Once thought of as a sure-fire high first round pick, UCLA tight end Marcedes Lewis could now fall into the third round after excellent workouts by Colorado's Joel Klopfenstein and Western Michigan's Tony Scheffler.
- Don't pay any attention to the Texans "interest" in North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams. It's nothing more than a bargaining chip for them to use when working out a contract with the man they will pick, USC running back Reggie Bush.
- South Carolina safety Ko Simpson is falling a bit in past due to concerns about a reported low wonderlic score, but also due to an unexpected strong group of safeties this year.
- While the Raiders are eager to snag one of the top quarterback prospects, they are reportedly hesitant to trade up because they believe there's a good chance one of the top 2 falls to them at #7.
- We're hearing reports that LenDale White has been promised by at least one team that if he's available, they will use their first round selection on him. So don't expect White to fall out of the first round.
- Now that the excitement of his workouts have worn off, there are serious issues being bounced around in regards to Florida wide receiver Chad Jackson. Specifically his lazy route running and concerns about inconsistent effort.
- USC offensive tackle Winston Justice continues to be this month's rising prospect. A month ago it looked as though he'd go in the middle of round one. Now we're being told that he could go as high as #6 to the 49ers.
Sometimes running the Mularkey offense makes me feel like I'm in a prison.